The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

LA Fitness members how much was your initiation fee & monthly dues???

thanks. just want to know for my own reference

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    ah i caught a deal, mine was like 144 75 initiation, 30 first and last month dues
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75 View Post
    ah i caught a deal, mine was like 144 75 initiation, 30 first and last month dues
    is that for a single club?

$50 and $19.99 a month.
    Nick V

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliSurfBoy View Post
    thanks. just want to know for my own reference
    Doesn't matter. there's no room to negotiate.
    Pick the best package that you can now. Unfortunately with corporate gyms the deals are what they are at that time.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Get big.
    There's plenty of room to negotiate. It just depends on how badly they need members at the gym.

I didn't pay any initiation fee and pay $34.99 a month. It seems like a lot but gym rates are incredibly high where I live. Their closest competitor (Lifetime Fitness) charges $80 a month to new members and you have to sign a one year contract.

edit: by the way, I was told by a friend that used to work at LA Fitness that $34.99 is the lowest rate they have unless you're a close friend or family member. It may depend on the area
    Last edited by piff; 01-11-2008 at 11:37 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piff View Post
    There's plenty of room to negotiate. It just depends on how badly they need members at the gym.

I didn't pay any initiation fee and pay $34.99 a month. It seems like a lot but gym rates are incredibly high where I live. Their closest competitor (Lifetime Fitness) charges $80 a month to new members and you have to sign a one year contract.

edit: by the way, I was told by a friend that used to work at LA Fitness that $34.99 is the lowest rate they have unless you're a close friend or family member. It may depend on the area

a friend of mine got it for 29.99 a month with no initiation fee BUT he is only limited to using that one location..how about you? do you have access to all la fitnes clubs?

and to that guy above who posted that hes only paying 19.99 a month thats quite a fkin deal....is it single club membership?

Quote Originally Posted by piff View Post

I sold gym memberships for 24 hour fitness and have a buddy that works at La Fitness. They're structured almost identically.
    You have different packages available.
    Starting at
    *Certain days of the week within certain hours (some locations) at one club
    *one club membership unrestricted
    *and different levels of clubs with amenities.
    There is NO negotiation.
    there are specials that are corporate wide and promos given to employees.You may have someone that got a better deal at one time but if they don't have that special going on right then noone's going to waive anything that wasn't part of a promo already. They can defer down payments and stretch em out but you still pay them. I can't tell you how many asian ladies would bring their friends in and say
    " You gif me deal tha shee haf"
    " Bigga discount"
    " No you give me this or I no buy"
    at which point in time I'd say. "Bye, we don't have that promotion now, maybe next time you should take advantage of it."
    and then all the prices went up...bAAAAHAAAAAHAA!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliSurfBoy View Post
    a friend of mine got it for 29.99 a month with no initiation fee BUT he is only limited to using that one location..how about you? do you have access to all la fitnes clubs?

and to that guy above who posted that hes only paying 19.99 a month thats quite a fkin deal....is it single club membership?
    Case in point.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

24Hr fitness: no initiation fee, $49/mo for 1 yr up front, 2 yrs free, $20/year renewal from then on. All Sport locations.
    Move heavy weight, eat, sleep, repeat.
    Geniuses make complicated scenarios simple, morons take simple concepts and complicate them.

If you catch the right promo.

or the Keep Fit Plus.
    3 yr prepaid mmbership.
    649.00-749 2 yrs free plus 5 training sessions with some useless slob that makes you do stuff on a bosu ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatred View Post
    649.00-749 2 yrs free plus 5 training sessions with some useless slob that makes you do stuff on a bosu ball.
    that sounds about right. totally off topic, but i absolutely couldn't believe what i saw at the gym last night. i'm doing deads....a trainer brings some kid into a squat rack next to me. has him doing upright rows with the olympic bar while standing on one of the half ball things, whatever the hell you call them. blew my ****ing mind, dumbest thing i've seen at the gym in awhile and that's saying something.
    Last edited by RBB; 01-11-2008 at 02:47 PM.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!