Thread: Lose skin and belly after losing weight too fast...

Lose skin and belly after losing weight too fast...

I started working out when i was 17, I'm was 6'1, and weighed 240lbs. I'm 21 now

i dropped 50lbs in the space of 4 months, and didnt put on much muscle because i wasn't eating much protein etc... essentially i didnt know how to lose the weight properly...

Now i have a horrible saggy belly, but great arms, chest, back etc....

Would the solution be to just lose body fat? I think i'm probably at about 19% now... is it possible to lose loose skin around the belly after quick weight loss?
    Thanks dudes.
    Last edited by Aslin; 01-16-2008 at 11:32 AM.

next-tyson-but-white arnoldsclone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslin View Post
    I started working out when i was 17, I'm was 6'1, and weighed 240lbs. I'm 21 now

i dropped 50lbs in the space of 4 months, and didnt put on much muscle because i wasn't eating much protein etc... essentially i didnt know how to lose the weight properly...

Would the solution be to just lose body fat? I think i'm probably at about 19% now... is it possible to lose loose skin around the belly after quick weight loss?
    Thanks dudes.
    this is a very difficult question to answer as noone really knows the answer for sure, I've researched loose skin and tightening it and i found that it will tighten, but it'll take time, a long time, and you really have to get down really far into low bf % so that there's nothing to make the skin hang and it'll tighten then when there's nothing in it or very little fat in it to weight it down and cause it to hang, i have the same problem, i whent from 298 lbs to 207 lbs in one year............luckily I'm 6'1" so i hide it well now......there's also lotions with seeweed extract which is proven to take inches off your skin and tighten it up.......i use this and tan and my skin has been getting tighter....

Ahnold says, " milk is for babies!"
    "deadlift if you know"- myself
    Boxing/ working out 5 days a week!
    6'1"- 230lbs-and bulking till i can't stand the mirror
    Former fatass- whent from 302lbs to 207 lbs rippling 05-06
    bench 315
    deadlift 455
    squat 405
    big 3 total = 1175 lbs of RAW IRON!!!MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Cheers man, i know its a bitch, I might take a pic of it and put up a link to see what you guys think in a little while...

a friend of mine lost losts of weight and has this problem, the doctor says you have to have it surgically removed as the skin lost elasticity and if you have a fair amount like her theres really no where else to put it.
    Surgery may be worth it though

Thanks dudes.
    congratulations on the weight loss! that is awesome!

the thing is, if u are at 19% bodyfat still, u still have a ways to go before that starts to tighten up. at 19% and 200lbs, u still have about 40lbs of bodyfat, and probably need to lose another 10-20lbs. u have to be near 10% to start to see the abs.

it will tighten up over time. u are young and werent that heavy for very long. if u have bad stretch marks then the skin may have lost elasticity and stay loose. keep bringing the BF down and see what it does. again, congrats on the weight u have already lost.

Thanks man, cheers for the help too.

Edit ---

Just took some pics of my belly... one sucked in, one relaxed...

(pubic Hair Warning)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/DSC00423.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/DSC00424.jpg

Just wanted to know if you guys know of any worse guts that were transformed into decent abs....#

Thanks
    Last edited by Aslin; 01-21-2008 at 03:41 PM.

Just keep working at dropping your BF%, you can still lean out a lot. IMHO that can/will most likely go away. My gut was far worse.. it just takes time, a clean diet, and lots and lots of hard work.

Wannabebig Member XecutionStyle's Avatar
    From the pics, it doesn't seem to be just skin man.. it's still mostly your fat around your stomach. Try dropping it to like 10% or less - see how it looks.

Yeah, sorry, but that's not skin. I mean, maybe your skin is a bit more lose than the past, but it's not really visible on the pics.

I have lost 9 pounds since Jan1, and guess where it came off? You know it. Shoulders and arms.
    The belly is the last place it's going to leave.
    I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just don't think we should try to convince ourselves that it's "loose skin". It's counterproductive to rationalize and deny.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

You need to diet more, or just get over having a little bit of soft fat there and put on more muscle..then when you cut again it will be much easier to burn those last few lbs.

Thanks for advice.

So I could bulk up again and cut, and the belly would be easier to shift???

I think i'd be better of going on a high protein diet with low carbs. Which is what i'm on now really.

I should start a journal hmmm...

Anyway just to let you guys know what i'm on here's an average day...

Meal 1 - Oatmeal (1/2 cup)
    Maxi Protein Shake

Meal 2 - Brown bread sandwich (lo-fat cheese spread)

Meal 3 - 2 tins of tuna with handfull of pasta

Meal 4 - 2 chicken breasts with veggies

meal 5 - protein shake

Meal 6 - Protein Shake with more Oatmeal
    Last edited by Aslin; 01-23-2008 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks for advice.

So I could bulk up again and cut, and the belly would be easier to shift???

I think i'd be better of going on a high protein diet with low carbs. Which is what i'm on now really.

I should start a journal hmmm...

Anyway just to let you guys know what i'm on here's an average day...

Meal 1 - Oatmeal (1/2 cup)
    Maxi Protein Shake

Meal 2 - Brown bread sandwich (lo-fat cheese spread)

Meal 3 - 2 tins of tuna with handfull of pasta

Meal 4 - 2 chicken breasts with veggies

meal 5 - protein shake

Meal 6 - Protein Shake with more Oatmeal

u still have some fat to cut. that skin will tighten up as u come down. unfortunately, that is the last to go, and first to come back.

bulk or not depends on ur personal goals. if u are satisfied with ur current conditioning, and u can comfortably bulk up without worrying about added bf, then hit it hard. if however u are not satified with ur bf level, meaning u want to take more off, bulking is not the answer. get down to a level u are comfortable with and go from there. if u arent happy now, the added fat from the bulk will not help.

choose one or the other, u cant do both. ancient chinese proverb i always use is "if u try to chase 2 rabbits, both will get away." choose a path and follow it. u cant walk 2 paths at the same time.
    All Time 198 Squat Record of 1,050 pounds
    http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?...e=&category=tr

All Time 220 Squat Record of 1,100 pounds

** 1063 squat , 611 bench, and 733 deadlift for 2408 Total
    All Time 242 Squat Record of 1,108 pounds At 228)
    ** 1108 squat , 639 bench, and 700 deadlift for 2447 Total

What I Lack in Genetics, I Make Up For With Determination and Discipline

Thanks, all i really want to do is lose some BF so a bulk isn't really a good idea.