Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: I says to myself, "Self, stop being fat and lazy."

Quote Originally Posted by Patz View Post
    Box jumps definitely get in your head once they're near your max. Plus doing it on stacked plates isn't real safe. I've seen a guy lose the top plate and land flat on his back. Not appealing..lol

So was that working toward get 5 pulls total at or below 1:30 pace before moving to the next movement?
    Pull til your pace read 1:30, then do 5 pulls at or below that pace, then go deadlift 3 reps, then come back and repeat.

That is a good idea using a rope instead of stacked plates. Though any lighter plates we stacked on the bottom so it would be harder to move them.

Meant to wake up and go to Open workout 14.3 today but it was more deadlifts and box jumps. So I think my subconscious said Eff that and made me sleep through it.

Saturday - 5 station circuit of

50 ft. yolk carries (370 lbs)
    50 ft. prowler push (??? lbs)
    50 ft. keg carry (114 or 144 lbs can't remember)
    Atlas stone clean (??? lbs)
    Tire flip

In pairs we did the circuit twice, with 2 minutes at each station. Our "score" came up to 115 which was good but I can't remember how many were done at each station. Lots of fun on this one.

Monday morning:
    (w/a partner, next set performed every 90 seconds)

Squat 5x5 @185
    Push Press 5x5 @115

WOD
    Decending sets of thrusters (95 lbs) and toes-to-bar. 10 of each, then 9, 8, 7, etc.
    12 min time cap

Completed the set of 5 plus 4 thrusters for a total of 94 reps. I feel pretty good about this.
    Last edited by killxswitch; 03-17-2014 at 12:52 PM.

hahah I couldn't figure out the 5 sub 1:30 thing either.. but now that I get it it sounds awesome! Rowing is a huge weakpoint for me. I feel ya on 14.1, double unders are unkind to me.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...NNKKKIINNNSSSS
    Just a lil guy trying to be fit.
    Best competition lifts:
    at 165: 630 sq, 480 bench, 501 dl

Current:
    Weight 145, using ConjugateWod training methods to develop Crossfit-applicable strength with extra work for learning movements and conditioning.

Yeah I did a bad job of explaining the rower thing. The deadlifts definitely got to me before the rows though.

Bench Press
    warm up sets then
    145 x 5 x 5

WOD
    800m run
    3 rounds of
    - 30 wall balls (20 lbs)
    - 15 Russian KB swings (32kg)
    800m run

completed in 18:15. I still suck at wall balls but mostly kept it at sets of 10 with small breaks.
    Last edited by killxswitch; 03-18-2014 at 07:03 AM.

good work in here. i sucked at wall balls (probably still do) and could barely get more than 10 in a row. then one day i knew the guy beside me did well at them so i really focused hard and ended up getting a full 30 straight. i did better because i really focused hard on getting a nice straight throw, catch, and push. i was pretty surprised.

so did you do 14.3 and 4? i've been keeping up with the leaderboard. i was expecting to see you up there with froning!

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Haha, no. I don't see the point of the open for people like me, honestly. Oh look, I'm in 150,349th place and still can't complete even one of the workouts. Glad I spent my $20.

I've been in the gym consistently, I'm just slacking on posting. Just started a new diet today. Well really I'm just returning to reasonable eating like I did last year. We were supposed to do Air Force today which looks nuts. I slept in, and as sore as my hips are after strongman on Saturday and then JJ on Monday that is probably a good thing. I may tackle it tonight at home, or I may just get into the gym tomorrow morning.

Got some mobility in this morning. I need to do this more, I feel great.

Then a fun WOD that basically was carrying heavy things 50m, 10 times each. KBs, slam balls, plate pinches (45lb bumpers are HARD to carry), KB lunges (these sucked), and overhead plate runs.

Bench press and deadlift tonight.

Or maybe just bench, heh.

warm up, then
    155 x 3 x 5
    155 x 10

14.5 Open WOD

21 Thrusters (95 lbs)
    21 Bar-facing burpees
    18 thrusters
    18 burpees
    15 and 15
    12 and 12
    9 and 9
    6 and 6
    3 and 3

Finished in 24:01. Then laid on the ground for a while.

what kind of laying down did you do? there's laying down and there's laying down ON YOUR FACE.

5/3/1 Journal

dude 24 aint bad! There were times during that one that if I didn't have anyone cheering me on I would've for sure left.
    Best competition lifts:

Current:
    Weight 145, using ConjugateWod training methods to develop Crossfit-applicable strength with extra work for learning movements and conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Patz View Post
    what kind of laying down did you do? there's laying down and there's laying down ON YOUR FACE.
    It was face-up but rolling around because my body hurt too much to stay still. Which I know doesn't make sense but that's how I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by ljosaitis View Post
    dude 24 aint bad! There were times during that one that if I didn't have anyone cheering me on I would've for sure left.
    For me it was the burpees. Going straight into them from the thrusters sucked bad, but especially having to jump over the bar. It was like a little box jump every time. If I'm fresh and doing them in-place I can do 25 burpees in under a minute, but after the first few rounds it got really slow.

----

Push Press 5x5 @ 125 lbs.

WOD - 12 minute AMRAP of

10 slam ball high tosses (9 ft, 50 lb)
    100m run
    5 clapping push-ups

Completed 4 rounds + 10 tosses. Fun workout, throwing a slam ball feels weird. The 9 feet was basically over a bar on the pull-up rig. Got rejected a couple times and caught it rather than letting it fall, which was probably not smart.

Good work in here man. Pat is always posting over here, so I figured I'd stick my head in.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Sweet, thanks for stopping by Chubrock. Maybe I can absorb some bench pressing power from you.
    --------

I guess it must be spring since a lot of us appear to be cutting some weight. I went from 240 down to just over 200 last year, got hurt right before Thanksgiving (which was GREAT timing), took 2 months off and ate way too much, and just kinda ate whatever I wanted up until my birthday last week. I weighed 220 on my birthday, ugh.

So I'm back to lower carb eating. Keeping it under 3000 calories (usually well under), no eating after like 7 or 8 at night, one cheat day per week. I'm down to 216.6 this morning. I expect the rest to come off quickly.

Some of the weight is muscle. My belt fits almost the same as at 200 and my pants all still fit fine in the waist, but my thighs, shoulders, and arms are all fitting a little tighter. So it'll be interesting to see how things look when I'm back in the 200-205 range.

sun's out guns out homie, stay strong with that diet!
    Best competition lifts:

Current:

sun's out guns out homie, stay strong with that diet!
    Haha. I'm down to 213.8 this morning so it is coming off fast. Obviously I won't keep losing at this pace, but man diet makes such a huge difference.

BP

Warm up then
    160x2x5
    160x10

Last one was a bit of a grinder but wasn't really in doubt.

Push jerk - 135x5x5 - this felt surprisingly heavy.

1 mile run - 7:36. Haven't run that much in a while so under 8 minutes felt solid. I can definitely do better though.

4 minutes of plank, supermans, and side planks

Sub 8 at 216 is great. Not too far from sub 7!
    Best competition lifts:

Current:

Sub 8 at 216 is great. Not too far from sub 7!
    Thanks. I got stopped at least once by traffic which knocked my pace off and had me stand around for probably 10 seconds. I will hope for sub 7 (and sub-200) before the end of summer.

Saturday 4/5/2013

Strongman chipper:

50m yoke walk (370 lbs)
    Axle bar DL (300 x 4)
    Tire flip x 4
    75m 77 lb. keg and 72 lb. KB carry (really awkward!)
    150m prowler push (255 lbs)
    keg and KB carry again
    Atlas stone lift x 3 (2nd biggest, no idea how heavy)
    25 ft. rope climb x 3 (had to scale this, I don't know how to climb a rope lol)

Ran through this twice. First time was around 9:30 because the order got all screwed up and I just kept doing stuff while waiting for a keg to get back. 2nd time was right at 7:30. I dropped the sled push weight this time because pushing 255 really sucked.

Today:

Split Jerk practice: 5x5 @ 105 lbs.
    A few reps at 115. Haven't done these in a while, just focused on technique and speed. I do dumb things with my back foot.

WOD: 12 min. AMRAP of

5 plyo pushups
    10 slam ball tosses (50 lbs)
    100m run w/slam ball (in the rain, hooray)

4 rounds + 5 pushups.

that strongman chipper sounds rad!
    Best competition lifts:

Current:

It was fun. I think it'll only get better as the weather improves.

Today:

800m run x 3 with 2 minutes rest between runs. Finished in 15:35 total, really fell off on the last run. I wish I'd kept track of each run individually.

12 min. AMRAP

20 jumps over bar
    10 Floor Wipers (135 lbs)
    250m row

Completed 3 + 10 jumps. Floor wipers made me want to barf. My abs are not the best.

I hate ab work haha. I have to force myself to do any. If it wasn't a necessity at times, I'd never do them.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    Good work in here man. Pat is always posting over here, so I figured I'd stick my head in.
    What can I say?..I support those who support me, which guilts them into continuing to support me, and I return the favor by supporting them, then we all feel supported in what has become the land of dead journals.

Paul I know what you mean about hurting to lay still. It's the feeling I get in my legs for 5 minutes after a 500m row PR attempt. Can't stand, can't sit, cant do anything..lol. I am also terrible at clean and jerk or just jerk. I just end up push pressing it but my push press is (or was lat time I tried over a year ago) pretty good so I doin't look like a total idiot.

5/3/1 Journal