Thread: Shoulder + Leg Pain

Hybrid View

Shoulder + Leg Pain

Hey all,

I have a messed up history here. 1 yr 10 mths ago I busted something in my right shoulder on bench press. 1yr 5 mths ago I busted my left leg (tibion bone area), unsure how, I just got the pain one day...

Until this day, both are killing me. They only kill me when I put strain on them (ie weight lifting). My leg kills when I do squatting movements so i'm unable to do squats, lunges, etc. My shoulder kills when doing any chest excercise. Kills a bit on some shoulder and a bit when doing heavy tricep pull downs.

I'm currently hitting the gym but I don't do any excercises which I feel pain on both parts and I do light weights (have been since the injuries except for the mths off I took to relax/repair which I lifted nothing or did anything physical)

I've done ultrasound and xray testing for both many times and the results were fine, no problems. I took many months off physical activity and it hasn't healed. I've done excercises to repair rotators, etc, nothing. I've done physio/rehab (one normal, 2 sports physio) over the period of a few mths for both the leg and shoulder and no one has been able to resolve the problems. I've also done accupuncture by two different people.

The last physio I went to advised to visit an Orthopedic Surgeon.

I recently got my MRI done for the shoulder and they dont see anything wrong. All it says is tendiniosis. I visited the surgeon with my results from ultrasound, xrays and mri, and this guy states that surgery is not needed on both the leg and shoulder and that I should stop lifting and nothing can be done.

I told him to do something about it and he referred me to another orthopedic surgeon.

Basically i've been running around for almost 2 yrs, spent a crap load of money and time and nothing is resolved.

I have no where else to go but here, possibly someone has some insight on a similar injury that they experienced and overcame..

Thanks

Wow, that really sucks. Talk to coach Rippetoe to see what he has to say about this:http://strengthmill.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Either that or a sports doctor of some sort. I have shoulder pains and pain in my right knee in my patella tendon. I just lift anyway though. I asked Rippetoe what he thought about injuries in general, and what injuries would call for not lifting at all.

He basically said if you can still workout with the injury that I should do so. He also said to think about if it was 10,000 BC and you had these injuries. What would you do then? You would have to whatever you could to survive or you would die otherwise.

I dunno if that's the best advice, but I liked it considering I don't want to stop lifting and I have pains in my joints.

Thanks,

I'm kind of working through the pain now but it sucks b/c it kills when I ride a bike, and sports which consist of extensive running, etc,, it really kills me on daily activities and I would hate to live with this pain forever...

I definitely dont want to stop lifting as well, im already turning in to a slob bc of all the time I took off...

i'll try rippetoe thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dd2000 View Post
    Hey all,

I have a messed up history here. 1 yr 10 mths ago I busted something in my right shoulder on bench press. 1yr 5 mths ago I busted my left leg (tibion bone area), unsure how, I just got the pain one day...

Until this day, both are killing me. They only kill me when I put strain on them (ie weight lifting). My leg kills when I do squatting movements so i'm unable to do squats, lunges, etc. My shoulder kills when doing any chest excercise. Kills a bit on some shoulder and a bit when doing heavy tricep pull downs.

I'm currently hitting the gym but I don't do any excercises which I feel pain on both parts and I do light weights (have been since the injuries except for the mths off I took to relax/repair which I lifted nothing or did anything physical)

I've done ultrasound and xray testing for both many times and the results were fine, no problems. I took many months off physical activity and it hasn't healed. I've done excercises to repair rotators, etc, nothing. I've done physio/rehab (one normal, 2 sports physio) over the period of a few mths for both the leg and shoulder and no one has been able to resolve the problems. I've also done accupuncture by two different people.

The last physio I went to advised to visit an Orthopedic Surgeon.

I recently got my MRI done for the shoulder and they dont see anything wrong. All it says is tendiniosis. I visited the surgeon with my results from ultrasound, xrays and mri, and this guy states that surgery is not needed on both the leg and shoulder and that I should stop lifting and nothing can be done.

I told him to do something about it and he referred me to another orthopedic surgeon.

Basically i've been running around for almost 2 yrs, spent a crap load of money and time and nothing is resolved.

I have no where else to go but here, possibly someone has some insight on a similar injury that they experienced and overcame..

Thanks
    I have rotator tendiniosis and I went through the same thing! I cant lift with the bar anymore so I use dumbells and cables. it still bothers me but not as bad as the bar.

Get a deep tissue massage.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.