The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

3% bodyfat and no abs

I was just watching CNN and they had segment about how to get fab abs, with some doctor. well the reporter guy asked the doctor how come when he had 3% bodyfat, he still had no abs. He said that many of his friends were down to 4-5% bodyfat and had no abs either. The doctor said it has alot to do with genetics and that some people can't get great abs.

This segment made me laugh, first I have never met a person truly under 10% bodyfat with no abs. Most people grossly under exagerate their bodyfat percentage. This reporter probably had closer to 13% bodyfat. Thier are very few people who I know truly get under 5% bodyfat. at that point you should look like an anantomy chart, whether you have devoloped abs or not, you will see them with low bodyfat. IT seems even doctors are blaming genetics on everything now.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

people are stupid. get over it.

*realises how brilliant those words were*

why didn't the doctor call him on it, i wonder?

this reminds me i had an anxiety dream involving a tnaita scale last night. it was ugly. i couldn;'t get an accurate measurement to save my life and it was like a 40%difference everytime i got back on it.

oh my.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Tryska-

Perhaps it wasn't a dream...
    They really do not measure properly.

i don't have a tanita scale tho. *lol*

LOL Tryska, you need better dreams
    If the only thing you are holding is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Yet another reason why I hate doctors, most of them have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

Sorry to anyone that is a doctor, but I'm tired of these stupid doctors.

One doctor once told my mom that it would be ok for me to take protein shakes, but only if I didn't overeat.......what's the point in taking supplements if you aren't trying gain weight.

Doctors.....who needs'em.....I haven't seen one in well over a year.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    My pediatrician refused to give my mom amoxicillin for my chronic ear infections because he said she was taking the amoxicillin herself. My eardrums burst 1 day later.

hemant..heh..you think i'm taking this whole healthy lifestyle thing a touch too far?

my friend has less bf that me well at least it seems that way yet my abs show way more then his. His stomach is totally flat just no ab definition... cant explain it. I've seen pics of body builders shreded but no real ab definition.

*doubts it*

freakin ridiculous, with 3 percent bodyfat, there is a good chance he would be dead. lol... and if the doctor didnt call him on it, he's either, retarded and slow, not a doctor, or was paid.. With three percent bodyfat, I would expect to see my lungs inflating and my heart pumping..

3:16
    you can have 3% BF if you are retaining lots and lots and more water and not have abs.
    you can also have no noticeable abs if you have really low muscle levels of muscle. But who want to look like that?

But the most likely conclusion he does not know how to meaure BF%. but Ronnie coleman went on some chat show saying he had 0.001%BF so BBers lie as well.

As for doctor not being able to treat people, well if there was no docotors more people would suffer from diseases. They are not all bad. its not like none of us make mistakes is it?
    Its not a easy job to do. there are thousands of illness out there, and lots of people taking advantages of them. If they give out a medicine wrongly it will not take the press long to dig the dirt.

If you want better doctors get rid of lawyers!
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Re: 3% bodyfat and no abs

Originally posted by nate allan
    I was just watching CNN and they had segment about how to get fab abs, with some doctor. well the reporter guy asked the doctor how come when he had 3% bodyfat, he still had no abs. He said that many of his friends were down to 4-5% bodyfat and had no abs either. The doctor said it has alot to do with genetics and that some people can't get great abs.

This segment made me laugh, first I have never met a person truly under 10% bodyfat with no abs. Most people grossly under exagerate their bodyfat percentage. This reporter probably had closer to 13% bodyfat. Thier are very few people who I know truly get under 5% bodyfat. at that point you should look like an anantomy chart, whether you have devoloped abs or not, you will see them with low bodyfat. IT seems even doctors are blaming genetics on everything now.
    LMAO @ this reporter who claims he has 3% bf. And his friends too, they all have 4-5%.

I have 1% bf BTW, and all my friends are in the 1.5-2% range also. I bet the guy has never lifted a weight in his life.
    my other favorite forum! Check it out!

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/

i hate ronnie coleman. that gut makes a mockery of the olympia.

dorian rocked

Wannabebig Member Podium Kreatin's Avatar
    first of all, medical doctors are not philosophical doctors; this is a mistake that many journalists make- medical doctors use stuff they get from research drs, and med drs aren't that good at making their own researches.
    i can't believe u guys hate drs! when i have a health problem, i always talk to him first, cus i HATE being sick!
    "No one can completely believe that I am natural.
    The most important drug is to train like a madman
    -really like a madman
    The people who accuse me are those who have never trained once in their life as I train every day of my life."

Alexandr Karelin
    Ten-time World Greco-Roman Champion
    1988, 1992, 1996 Olympic gold medalist

current stats (10/19/03): 20yrs, M, 5'4 @160lbs, ~11% body fat
    lifted since march 2000

100% Pent Up Anger
    Look at pictures of Boyer Coe. His abs always sucked even at very low bodyfat levels. The deliniation in your abdominals is genetic. Your level of bodyfat can be low and still not have deliniation because it simply isn't there. I believe it is a tendenous attachment that causes the separation, but I'm not really sure.
    "You see clouds to the West, immediately you say, 'It is going to rain.' and it does. And when the South wind blows, you say, 'It is going to be hot.' Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky. How is it that you don't know how to interpret this present time? Why don't you decide for yourselves what is right?" ~ Jesus speaking in Luke 12:54-57

3:16
    boyer coe was a freak, he was the only person I have seen like that out all the pro's. I doubt the doctor and all his friends had the same ab genetics as him.
    but your probably right about coyer abs, but don't quote me on that.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

thats exactly what i was saying about my friend.. he's very cut, no fat anywhere, face is lean, veins all over the place just no ab definition very weird..

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Many people blame genetics as their excuse for not having abs. Your abs are a muscle group like any other muscle group. You can overtrain them, or undertrain them. In either case you can be lean, but will not see much of a result (if any). Yes, some people have great abs as a result of genetics, but for most people it involves dieting and training properly. It's not rocket science

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    The_Hall you're a fat bastard, you haven't even hit negative body fat percentages, im already t -7% bf, its pretty sweet, i think im starting to see the definition of my abs come out.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."