Thread: So I asked another forum about bulking/cutting.

So I asked another forum about bulking/cutting.

Response

Bulking then cutting is a dreadful idea, and is only a short term strategy used by bodybuilders (in fact, most top level BBers dont even do it anymore).

Bulking requires a 'shotgun' approach to nutrition, where, rather than give the body specificaly what it needs, you just throw energy into it and hope that some of it 'sticks' as muscle. In the meantime, you just get fat.

Cutting is merely the process of undoing the damage you have done by bulking. During this process, you not only remove the excess fat, but also catabolise a fair percentage of the muscle that is buried underneath it.

Net result: you end up weaker and with a slow metabolism, and with no further muscle growth than if you had done things properly in the first place.

Hey, you asked.
    Agreed; not worth it. Remember, bulking up fast may see you gaining unwanted fat and we all know that it is easier to put fat on then it is to take off. You want to way more then you have to do it gradual by gaining muscle, eating right, resting properly, drinking adequate amounts of water; doing it right.

Wow, How many big guys they got over there? I have been working out for like 3 years and really the only time I made any progress was the last year when I learned how to bulk. So I don't know what they are talking about.

The only thing I agree with is the whole bulking cutting cycle. I think its better to just do a slow bulk and if you start getting fat slow it down even more. The whole bulking then cutting seems kinda 2 steps forward one back. I would rather just take 1 step forward.
    Last edited by Brad263; 01-30-2008 at 02:32 PM.
    Age 24
    Weight 180lbs Goal 200lbs by 06/01/08
    Height 6'1"
    Journal
    Bench 150x6 Goal 200
    Squats 165x5 Goal 250
    Deadlift 205x6 Goal 300
    "Speed has never killed anyone, it's suddenly becoming stationary that will get you."

more muscle you got the easier it is to burn fat

what forum was that from? best strength and size gains I've seen are from a bulk. Who cares if you get a little bit of fat. It's winter, it insulation. Cut a few pounds off in summer if you really care about it.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

What forum?

Ha, well if you ask about bulking and cutting on a website not geared for bodybuilders or strength athletes, of course ther answer will be aq little different from what you would get here.

Losing fat is much easier than bulking, in my opinion.

well what did you expect when you addressed this to a martial arts forum. obviously maintaining leanness helps a fighter. they have different goals and when you take that out of context it sound like they gave you bad advice, but in their context it was probably decent advice.
    Sarvamangalam!