Thread: Boogers (yes I'm serious)

Boogers (yes I'm serious)

I've hit a sickness streak lately and am getting over my second long ass cold since christmas break. I'm having an unusual problem however, and I wondered if anybody else has had this happen. Lately I've been havng lots of "painful" boogers. I don't even know if it's completely related to my colds since this isn't a runny nose or drainage, but I seem to be getting an abnormal build up of dried boogers, so much that sometimes they hurt, especially when I rub my nose or tweak my nose a certain way. They only way to fix this, of course, is by picking my nose, but we all know I can't just pick my nose whenever I want. Once I clean things out I'll be good for a while, but then a few hours later it seems to build back up and I have the same problem all over again. I'm having having a strange buildup of dried blood that sticks very strongly to the inside walls and annoys the **** out of me untill I get it out. I understand a runny nose, but I don't quite understand why I keep getting so many painful dried boogers.

Yes. A thread about boogers.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    Try putting Vaseline in your nose at night with a Q-tip. It may help keep moisture in there. That's all I've got.
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

Banned
    I know exactly what you meant and they hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Steady View Post
    Try putting Vaseline in your nose at night with a Q-tip. It may help keep moisture in there. That's all I've got.
    That's honestly what I was going to suggest. I think there is a moisturizer (kind of like chapstick) that's designed for inside the nose.

I get those.....we call'em Corn Flakes. Usually they have a moist bloody tail that trails out and kisses my upper lip when I pick one out.

I was actually wondering about some kind of nose moisturizer or medicine I could put inside. I'll have to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    I was actually wondering about some kind of nose moisturizer or medicine I could put inside. I'll have to look into it.
    Let us know what you find, as you're not the only one.

Dude! I will get these for 6 months because of my accutane. Here's the skinny on the doctor's description of what's happening to me:

accutane makes the mucus membranes week and blood dries into their "pores" and hardens. Then, when pulled out it tears the already weak skin to cause more bleeding.

I GET THEM CRAZY BAD.

Apparently, clean your nose, and vaseline quick. I haven't actually had a chance to try this yet, but I hear good things about it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilsterT View Post
    Dude! I will get these for 6 months because of my accutane. Here's the skinny on the doctor's description of what's happening to me:

accutane makes the mucus membranes week and blood dries into their "pores" and hardens. Then, when pulled out it tears the already weak skin to cause more bleeding.

I GET THEM CRAZY BAD.

Apparently, clean your nose, and vaseline quick. I haven't actually had a chance to try this yet, but I hear good things about it.
    ha that's when I learned about the vaseline-in-the-shnoz trick too. It worked

This stuff, or something similiar. Have a look around your pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for their suggested product.

http://www.rhinaris.ca/FAQ.asp#17

Yeah, I picked up some saline spray last week. Was gone all weekend so I haven't used it yet, but I'm going to start cleaning my schnoz out like twice a day with the spray. Hopefully it'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by SDS View Post
    I get those.....we call'em Corn Flakes. Usually they have a moist bloody tail that trails out and kisses my upper lip when I pick one out.
    hahahahahahaha

Wannabebig Member
    This would happen to me when I slept an night and I would wake up with the same thing you are describing. i went and bought 2 cold mist humidifiers and I run them in my bedroom and kitchen at full blast 24/7. I try to keep my house at about 40% relative humidity and it has help a lot. I never get dry boogies any more.