The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Boogers (yes I'm serious)

I've hit a sickness streak lately and am getting over my second long ass cold since christmas break. I'm having an unusual problem however, and I wondered if anybody else has had this happen. Lately I've been havng lots of "painful" boogers. I don't even know if it's completely related to my colds since this isn't a runny nose or drainage, but I seem to be getting an abnormal build up of dried boogers, so much that sometimes they hurt, especially when I rub my nose or tweak my nose a certain way. They only way to fix this, of course, is by picking my nose, but we all know I can't just pick my nose whenever I want. Once I clean things out I'll be good for a while, but then a few hours later it seems to build back up and I have the same problem all over again. I'm having having a strange buildup of dried blood that sticks very strongly to the inside walls and annoys the **** out of me untill I get it out. I understand a runny nose, but I don't quite understand why I keep getting so many painful dried boogers.

Yes. A thread about boogers.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    Try putting Vaseline in your nose at night with a Q-tip. It may help keep moisture in there. That's all I've got.
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

Banned
    I know exactly what you meant and they hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Steady View Post
    Try putting Vaseline in your nose at night with a Q-tip. It may help keep moisture in there. That's all I've got.
    That's honestly what I was going to suggest. I think there is a moisturizer (kind of like chapstick) that's designed for inside the nose.

I get those.....we call'em Corn Flakes. Usually they have a moist bloody tail that trails out and kisses my upper lip when I pick one out.

I was actually wondering about some kind of nose moisturizer or medicine I could put inside. I'll have to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    I was actually wondering about some kind of nose moisturizer or medicine I could put inside. I'll have to look into it.
    Let us know what you find, as you're not the only one.

Dude! I will get these for 6 months because of my accutane. Here's the skinny on the doctor's description of what's happening to me:

accutane makes the mucus membranes week and blood dries into their "pores" and hardens. Then, when pulled out it tears the already weak skin to cause more bleeding.

I GET THEM CRAZY BAD.

Apparently, clean your nose, and vaseline quick. I haven't actually had a chance to try this yet, but I hear good things about it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilsterT View Post
    Dude! I will get these for 6 months because of my accutane. Here's the skinny on the doctor's description of what's happening to me:

accutane makes the mucus membranes week and blood dries into their "pores" and hardens. Then, when pulled out it tears the already weak skin to cause more bleeding.

I GET THEM CRAZY BAD.

Apparently, clean your nose, and vaseline quick. I haven't actually had a chance to try this yet, but I hear good things about it.
    ha that's when I learned about the vaseline-in-the-shnoz trick too. It worked

This stuff, or something similiar. Have a look around your pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for their suggested product.

http://www.rhinaris.ca/FAQ.asp#17

Yeah, I picked up some saline spray last week. Was gone all weekend so I haven't used it yet, but I'm going to start cleaning my schnoz out like twice a day with the spray. Hopefully it'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by SDS View Post
    I get those.....we call'em Corn Flakes. Usually they have a moist bloody tail that trails out and kisses my upper lip when I pick one out.
    hahahahahahaha

Wannabebig Member
    This would happen to me when I slept an night and I would wake up with the same thing you are describing. i went and bought 2 cold mist humidifiers and I run them in my bedroom and kitchen at full blast 24/7. I try to keep my house at about 40% relative humidity and it has help a lot. I never get dry boogies any more.