The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

What should I eat? (Weird timing)

Here's my schedule for my classes (I take my other ones online)

Tuesday:
    Wake: 9
    Breakfast: 9:15ish
    Class: 11-12:20
    Class: 12:30-1:50
    Drive home (30 min) get home at 2:30

Here's the thing...Obviously I should eat between these classes, or at the beginning of my 2nd class...But what? I have literally a 10 minute walk, and usually take a fast piss, and end up being a few minutes late to the second class. I need to walk very fast, but I do have time to eat/drink something small in the class as I set in the back.

Is there any bars on the market worthy? RTD's? I've been out of the loop lately, cause at work/home/whatever I just pack meals...But I can't really eat while I'm jogging to the class/sitting there.

I was thinking of either eating one of these:

http://greensplus.com/index.php/cPath/34_64

or drinking on of these:

http://www.cytosport.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=20

Not sure though...I'm a pretty strict cut, but I dont want this meal to be a cheat/or not optimal. Thanks.
    Last edited by beachmuscles; 01-20-2008 at 11:16 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

roast beef sammiches w/ swiss.

oh, cutting. blah, nevermind.
    Last edited by MrWebb78; 01-21-2008 at 09:31 AM.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    Hardboiled eggs.
    Dry shake in a cup - just add water.
    Dry shake in a cup? What do you mean? I always felt just protein wasn't really a sufficient meal for meal #2 of the day. I need carbs/protein to hold me over til my pre-workout meal I have when I get home.

Grind up oats, put them in with the protein. I put three or more shakes in seperate baggies. That way I can have more than one, i just wash out the shaker when I can.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

worthy bars?
    hehe
    http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_builders/
    either that or the Big 100 Colossal from MetRX.
    Green Tea
    17ys -175lbs
    Squat: 300
    Bench: 200
    Deadlift: 360
    Clean: 235

Everything is safe lol!
    What do you mean? I want to get as shredded as possible on my cut...I can't get shredded eating Detour Protein Bars.

You can get shredded eating CHOCOLATE, babe. It all comes down to running a deficit and lifting heavy.
    So for the past 5 years I've been worrying about food choices for no reason? I would love to believe that...I mean I have a strict carb/calorie count for the day, that I always follow. But lets say I have chocolate every day during class...Wouldn't the saturated fat/sugar give me other effects other then just the calories in/out?

Why do people constantly compare labels, if the only thing that matters is a deficit (cutting) or extra (bulking)? I'm confused

BTW, sick abs.

Thanks.

I ate chocolate almost every day of my cut to get those abs.

Just not very much.

Junk food tends not to be particularly satisfying. If you're not controlling caloric intake, it's very easy to overeat if junk makes up part of your day. That being said, if you track, and you have room for some "crap" once you've hit your minimums for protein, fat and fibre, go for it. Your cut will still work just fine.

What I did when I was taking classes was oatmeal in a shaker/w protein then just add water. Just like a little meal on the go for broke students. If you have the money go buy some meal replacements and take those to class. You deff need to eat something because going all day without will put a halt on your progress. Just my 2cents hope it helps.

Anyone know any quality MRP's on the market?

Quote Originally Posted by beachmuscles View Post
    Anyone know any quality MRP's on the market?
    Maximus and Opticen are both good stuff.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by beachmuscles View Post
    So for the past 5 years I've been worrying about food choices for no reason? I would love to believe that...I mean I have a strict carb/calorie count for the day, that I always follow. But lets say I have chocolate every day during class...Wouldn't the saturated fat/sugar give me other effects other then just the calories in/out?

Why do people constantly compare labels, if the only thing that matters is a deficit (cutting) or extra (bulking)? I'm confused

BTW, sick abs.
    Is what you're doing working for you? My guess is, no. Instead of making things more complicated, simplify. Protein powder is all the same. It really is. Get one that's cheap and tastes good. That's as complicated as that needs to be.

My advice to you, which every "expert" on here will bash, is this: STOP worrying about the little stuff. Stop reading all the crap that's out there. Try it for yourself. If it doesn't work, try something different. This s how you figure things out. Reading the internet is not the answer. Trial and error. That's how every great inventor figured things out. Thomas Edison didn't figure out the lightbulb on his first try. Many failures came before it. And, here's another secret - there is no holy grail to training and dieting. There is not just one way. There are a ton of different ways. Figure it out and stop worrying about things that don't matter.

Your last senstnce says it all. It is that simple. Calories in v. calories out (bulk/cut) So simple, but everyone wants to make it more than that.

Or, just keep doing what you're doing and expect different results. That's insanity. Take your pick.
    Last edited by RhodeHouse; 01-29-2008 at 01:24 AM.