Thread: NEW PR's HIT TODAY!!!

Demons of Steel and Flesh HP666's Avatar

NEW PR's HIT TODAY!!!

Hey guys,

Just got home and have a good report to give on my workout today. First a little background. I'm 38, have been lifting since I was early 20's on and off, but never really powerlifted before. I decided to stop fooling around and found myself a legit coach, and have been training with him for the last 6-7 weeks using Westside philosophy. Before working with the Coach I worked out by myself, so when I squatted and what not I never could really go heavy. Right off the bat he identified every weakness I have and we've been working hard on strengthening those area. One of the things I never realized was how much mental focus it takes, especially squatting. So anyway......

Todays squat PR was 545 for a single; just knee wraps and a belt. It felt great when I hit it. I missed it about 10 minutes earlier, but it was due to a mental breakdown more than a shortage of strength. Coming out of the hole I let my shoulders collapse and my head go down slightly and I was done. When I hit it I kept my head up and back arched strong and put it up no problem. I had already done some reverse hypers and thought I was done but we decided to do some light pulling. I felt good and went for a 425 deadlift and nailed it. 425 isn't a lot, but I haven't been working my deads at all, I never have. My biggest problem is technique, which I'm working on and getting better so I'm sure 425 will be a distant memory in a short time. So anyway, I had a great day, 545 squat, 425 dead.

I forgot to add that I am 6-3, 350 at the moment, a SHW, but I have no intention of staying in the SHW class. I am carrying way too much fat around, especially in the midsection, so I am working on that. I'd like to get down to around 285-295. Still big with mass, but not a fat ****. I just got my Prowler the other day so I'll be incorporating that soon, which should help.
    Last edited by HP666; 02-02-2008 at 01:23 PM.

holy god.

545 is almost my total.. : (

woha. beastly.

how much do you weigh?
    Female, 17
    height- 4'7
    weight- 109.2

[Squat]-270Goal-350
    [Dead Lift]-290Goal-360
    [Bench]-145Goal-200

We're not here to blow sunshine up your ass. We're here to give you honest, fair opinions.

Demons of Steel and Flesh HP666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaz View Post
    holy god.

545 is almost my total.. : (

woha. beastly.

how much do you weigh?
    HA!! Yeah but I outweigh you by 3 1/2 times!!! Beastly. I like that.