Wondering if anyone has seen anything online that discusses different types of squats, their ratios and perhaps where someone might have a weakness or imbalance??
Like Poliquin's article on T-Nation where he talks about "Achieving Structural Balance"..
however, it's only for upperbody...
ANY advice/info is greatly appreciated!! I think I have a low back, hamstring weakness... and I know most of you guys will just say to keep squatting..
These are my numbers: (all tested within the last 3 weeks)
- 500 x 1 Squat - belt only - Competition depth - stance between medium to wide.. (just set this PR today.. whoo hoo - it's been a long time coming)
- 445 x 1 ATF Squat - belt only - narrow stance
- 365 x 1 Front Squat - belt only
- 345 x 20 Squat - belt only, medium stance
- Box Squats: (about 13 inches is my parallel)
380 x 1 on 9.5 inch box
450 x 1 on 11.5 inch box
480 on 14 inch box
520 on 16 inch box
- 485 x 1 Conventional DL
- 490 x 1 Sumo DL
- 385 x 2 SLDL
- No GHR or Reverse hypers at gym - but I am close to one rep of a GHR from the floor
My current stats:
- 5ft 8.75 inches, 248 lbs, 43 yrs young
- short arms, long torso, femur dominant
- Strength Goals are for PL'ing, Strongman and Highlander game competitions... would like to do BJJ too-if I could find the time
- Obviously.. Masters Division
- Only 1.5 yrs of "real" strength training.. on/off lifting since age 13 (details in my old journal)
- Training consists of 40% Westside/conjugate, 20% 5x5, 20% Event Training, 5% 20 Rep Squats/DLs, 10% GPP (OL'ing,Sleds,KBs,Crossfit,tabata, etc.),5% other Sports (BB, VB, Hiking, Kids, etc.)