Thread: bit the bullet and got some chains

Banned

bit the bullet and got some chains

well 105 dollars later and now 2 weeks to wait i should have some nice 3/4" 55lb chains
    looked high and low and cheapest place i could find was ironwoodys.
    wish i could have found some used ones cheaper.

That is cool! I have to get some one of these days.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    Next time look at rigging supply stores in your area. We can get 1/2" for 2.50/foot here in KC and avoid shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    well 105 dollars later and now 2 weeks to wait i should have some nice 3/4" 55lb chains
    looked high and low and cheapest place i could find was ironwoodys.
    wish i could have found some used ones cheaper.
    I drove around near the lake one afternoon and found 30lbs worth of chains for free. I also went and checked at a couple auto shops and got a nice bucket full of chains probly weighs about 40lbs. So if your looking to get even more, just check out some local places like auto shops, shipping yards, train yards, back of old warehouses...etc.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Quote Originally Posted by Detard View Post
    I drove around near the lake one afternoon and found 30lbs worth of chains for free. I also went and checked at a couple auto shops and got a nice bucket full of chains probly weighs about 40lbs. So if your looking to get even more, just check out some local places like auto shops, shipping yards, train yards, back of old warehouses...etc.
    this is the best thing to do. i love finding stuff like that. i found wood to make my boards out of on the side of the road, and picked up an empty keg from behind a gas station. it will be a great day when i stumble upon some chains.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Detard View Post
    checked the auto places, nothing, and i dont have any docks or lakes nearby
    looked high and low didnt find anything.

Banned
    I'm in Kansas City, so we don't have any docks or lakes nearby either

Rigging supply stores usually cater to the trucking or tree service industries. If you can't find them for free like the others said above, this would be the next best place to check.