The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member Merciless's Avatar

Ideal Weight At My Height???

I am 5'10 and weight about 221lbs, mostly fat no doubt, but was a gym addict a couple of years ago (three times a week at least at one point), before I became lazy again. Anyway, I just want to know what would be my ideal weight at my height, I was originally thinking around 180lbs (based on BMI), but that seems to be a little light.

My goals include:

- Gain strength particularly core, legs and arms
    - Gain lean muscle, while losing weight i.e. lose dead weight, aka body fat
    - Gain in speed & stamina
    - Gain visible abdominal muscles, aka a six-pack

I play football (or soccer), so speed and power is important (like in american football), but stamina and flexibility is also a big issue too.

So just wanted to ask what do you think my ideal weight would be to achieve my goals without becoming a weed, I often think deciding what weight to come down to is difficult to decide and you can often over do it and end up becoming a twiglet. I still want to cut an intimidating figure. Any workout advice to achieve my goals would be very much welcome too (I have seen the pre-made workouts).
    Last edited by Merciless; 03-28-2008 at 06:16 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    depends on your build, i suggest you take a body fat percentage test first. my dad is the same height as you and weighs about 230 pounds, he is only about 20-30 pounds away from being in the shape your looking for. i would imagine your ideal goal could range from 180-220 pounds depending on your genetics. and for supplements try the fat loss stack or maximum mass stack

fat loss
    http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...products_id=10

maximum mass
    http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...?products_id=9

"Ideal" is very relative. Some of us will say 180, others will say 250. All depends on where you want to be and what you're happy with. Do NOT go by the BMI to figure out what's an ideal weight for you. BMI does not take muscle mass into consideration. It's garbage, don't follow it for anything.

Keep playing different sports as you are and keep active to burn calories to help bring your body fat down. Look at the routines in the stickies here and most importantly, the nutritional information. Good luck and welcome.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

an intimidating figure would be closer to 250.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

sorry for inaccurate stats (got weight conversion, wrong) I now weigh 15st 11lbs so 221lb (maths was never my strong point) not use to the pounds only system!!! I've let myself go but not to that extent, lol.

I have been down to 180 (just under 13st), when I worked-outed compulsively before with plenty of muscle, didn't feel weedy but another 7 pounds or so of lean muscle would probably have been closer to ideal.

Thanks for the advice anyway will checkout the supplements for fat-loss (never consider them) and weight targets!!! I agree 250 sounds very intimidating!!!

Any advice on how to target my specific goals in my work-out, would be very much appreciated

Will edit original post!!!
    Last edited by Merciless; 03-28-2008 at 06:43 PM.

Banned
    dont go on a full out cut, go on a steady diet so you gain muscle over a long duration of time. i suggest you take the maximum mass stack, excluding the maximus for nitrean.

to be big and athletic 205 lbs
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 140lbs June 2012
    DL:
    Squat:
    Bench:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...54#post2084154

haha gym addict is 6 days a week in my book.

Giovanna360, I agree, went to the gym seven days a week for three weeks once, I could barely move and pulled a tendon around my hip (6 weeks out on crutches & 2 months walking around like I had a club-foot).

So, better slow and injury-free, thanks.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion'." -Muhammed Ali

"What keeps me going is goals." -Muhammed Ali

"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammed Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    Giovanna360, I agree, went to the gym seven days a week for three weeks once, I could barely move and pulled a tendon around my hip (6 weeks out on crutches & 2 months walking around like I had a club-foot).

So, better slow and injury-free, thanks.
    I said 6 not 7. I didnt say work the same muscles 6 days in a row... I have been working out 5-6 days a week, 2 hrs a day for a year, and yet to injure myself. Not for everyone apparently. Im just babbling but 3 days a week is not an addict. Bare minimum IMO. Thats all.