The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

compound routines.

would it be overkill to add an isolation exercise or two per workout to a heavy compound routine such as rippetoes?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It depends on you. Most people should be fine doing that. Try adding them to your friday workout to start since you have an extra day of rest before the monday workout.

How is your form on the big 3? Part of those routines is learning to do the exercises properly.
    Last edited by Bupp; 03-29-2008 at 11:00 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    i am currently working on my form. as of right now i'm getting effective workouts but i'm sure i could improve my form. ive been reading starting strength and i was curious how people felt about adding a few exercises. i understand the routine revolves around compound lifts that hit many muscles but i feel as if the volume is a bit low and i could benefit from an added exercise or two. considering i am 18 years old i figured recovery rate would work in my favor, correct me if i'm wrong please.

I think adding 15 minutes of work at the end of each day is a good idea. You'll know pretty quickly if it is adversely affecting you.

So at the end of each session, add in 15 minutes of abs, or curls, or calves, or shrugs... whatever. Have some fun, but train with purpose.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 03-29-2008 at 12:21 PM.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg View Post
    I think adding 15 minutes of work at the end of each day is a good idea. You'll know pretty quickly if it is adversely affecting you.

So at the end of each session, add in 15 minutes of abs, or curls, or calves, or shrugs... whatever. Have some fun, but train with purpose.
    yeah doing something like that is exactly what i was talking about. thanks a lot for the advice man.

I added 2 sets of bicep curls on the first day, 2 sets of abs on the second, and 2 sets of triceps on the third. I do them with higher reps.

Really as long as you dont work yourself in too hard, you can only benefit. Ripptoe's can get brutal, so watch out.