Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: RESULTS results thread

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    This is also true. My main point here is that RESULTS is HMB. That's what you're paying for. Everything else in the product is DIRT cheap. I purchased the product to find out if HMB would show me any noticeable gains in a month time period. A month is relatively short, but nothing in that month when it was all said and done leads me to believe another month would be any different. If you usually take nothing before a workout, and start popping 80mg of dextrose or 200mg of caffeine before a workout, go figure, you're bound to have some better workouts.
    which could potentially be the case with me...pre-workout for me used to be just my dinner....creatine after....well occasionally some caffeine before.

Well, I have used caffiene before workouts and still sometimes due, but the feeling of being energized off of that is different for me than what I am feeling. My body feels more "relaxed" and doesn't get exhausted easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Schaedle View Post
    A major question for all users would be if they had previously, on a consistent basis, ingested 80g of glucose prior to training .
    Prior to results, I used to mix 70ish gram of maltodextrin in my pre-workout shake.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

one thing (I'll add I'm certainly not a nutritionalist or anything) I might bring up is that HMB alone might have controversial results, but when mixed in concert with the creatine and dextrose, the results are vastly improved. Or I guess you could say that the HMB improves the results of the creatine and dex. Just a thought to chew on

I just want to help clarify some things...

Creatine and RESULTS apparently allow us to push that extra rep. That alone will help build muscle. Your pushing your muscles further than they could usually go.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    HMB alone might have controversial results, but when mixed in concert with the creatine and dextrose, the results are vastly improved.
    That's basically impossible. If HMB has no effect by itself, mixing it with another supplement isn't going to change that.

Since HMB is expensive to buy, I'm sure it costs At Large a lot to purchase as well, even in bulk. I don't think Chris would have put it in the product if he didn't feel it provided a benefit, but I'm wondering if any testing was done as far as using the other 3 ingredients combined without the HMB.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

well I wasn't going under the assumption that HMB has no effect by itself

I dunno, I'm not really a science kinda guy it was just a thought. Maybe though someone should conduct some testing as to the effect of all three taken together.

Wannabebig Member
    Chris, just some questions about Results, which I just started taking yesterday.

After doing more and more research on beta alanine and creatine combined, I am wondering why you decided on only 3.2g of beta alanine instead of 6.4g?

Also, as others have stated, why the HMB? It would seem to add considerable cost to the product. Did you find some studies making a creatine/beta/HMB combo even more effective than creatine/beta alone?

Thanks.

Also, just some of my experiences after taking it twice so far. The Cherry tastes fine. It's not great, but not bad either. It does not have strong taste though either, which is a good thing. So it's easy to swallow.

Also, I get the tingly skin thing for a little while too, which is not a big deal.
    Last edited by BuckeyeROC; 03-15-2008 at 01:44 PM.

That's basically impossible. If HMB has no effect by itself, mixing it with another supplement isn't going to change that.

Since HMB is expensive to buy, I'm sure it costs At Large a lot to purchase as well, even in bulk. I don't think Chris would have put it in the product if he didn't feel it provided a benefit, but I'm wondering if any testing was done as far as using the other 3 ingredients combined without the HMB.

The answer is yes, of course. I have posted links to the studies in other threads.

Your comment about something having no effect by itself not having an effect when mixed with something else is totally wrong (speaking generally, not even about HMB). For instance, one substance could be a catalyst which sparks a reaction when consumed with something else.

Hahn, it is not incumbent upon you to temper every positive comment about RESULTS with your concerns. You have certainly expressed your opinion. Suffice it to say that a LOT of people are experiencing great progress while using the product and extolling its virtues.

One more thing, the combination of creatine, beta alanine, AND HMB has proven to be VERY effective and much more so than any one of the ingredients individually.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
    Chris, just some questions about Results, which I just started taking yesterday.

After doing more and more research on beta alanine and creatine combined, I am wondering why you decided on only 3.2g of beta alanine instead of 6.4g?

Also, as others have stated, why the HMB? It would seem to add considerable cost to the product. Did you find some studies making a creatine/beta/HMB combo even more effective than creatine/beta alone?

Thanks.

Also, just some of my experiences after taking it twice so far. The Cherry tastes fine. It's not great, but not bad either. It does not have strong taste though either, which is a good thing. So it's easy to swallow.

Also, I get the tingly skin thing for a little while too, which is not a big deal.

We went with the 3.5 g (not 3.2) dose of BA because we had studies which showed that to be an efficacious amount. That is always our method for determining dosing when it comes to product formulation. That is something which really sets us apart. Some companies include effective ingredients at ineffective doses simply to make a label claim. Not us!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I am curious if the formula will ever change? Have you tried tweaking it to see if differences were made, or are you convinced with what you have?

Wannabebig Member
    So what was the answer to Hahn's question about dosage? I bought some and would prefer to take it on my workout days to save a lot of money, but if that does cancel out the effects of the HMB because it can't build up then I'd take it every day. Would it be stupid to just take it on workout days?

I take a scoop a day and am seeing results; try that.

Or, try if on work-out days only and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    I just want to help clarify some things...

Creatine and RESULTS apparently allow us to push that extra rep. That alone will help build muscle. Your pushing your muscles further than they could usually go.
    your missing the point of, at what cost.

Is the benifit worth the cost.

with creatine monohydrate the benifit is small, but it is also inexpensive so i guess its worth taking.

Results is expensive, so it better provide some major benifts inorder for it to be worth taking. I have yet to see anything that convices me its worth the $50.

Someone brought up a good point as far as most of the people currently using results probley havent supplemented with 80grams of dex pre workout before.

Im thinking about giving β-Alanine a go. I might start taking creatine again too. Perhaps, if anyone is intrested, ill give a review of a 'results' minus the HMB.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

I used to supplement Pre-Workout with everything in RESULTS, minus the HMB and I can tell you it's not the same
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

Quote Originally Posted by mikey4402 View Post

with creatine monohydrate the benifit is small, but it is also inexpensive so i guess its worth taking.

Results is expensive, so it better provide some major benifts inorder for it to be worth taking. I have yet to see anything that convices me its worth the $50.

Someone brought up a good point as far as most of the people currently using results probley havent supplemented with 80grams of dex pre workout before.

Im thinking about giving β-Alanine a go. I might start taking creatine again too. Perhaps, if anyone is intrested, ill give a review of a 'results' minus the HMB.

I have to wonder what you would need to see? Would someone have to become Ronnie Coleman from RESULTS' use?

There has been a ton of feedback in this thread of people hitting PRs in the gym and more.

Perhaps reading some of the testimonials we have received will help:

Dear At Large Nutrition
    Results has been nothing short of amazing in my experience! Having bad experiences with creatine in the past, I was a bit skeptical at first, but after some of the wonderful reviews it got, I just had to try it. The taste is one of the best I have ever had for ANY supplement that mixes with water. My numbers in the gym havent skyrocketed by any means, but in the last week and a half, I have continually added weight AND sets to every lift! I feel energized and ready to go within an hour of taking Results and the feeling sustains me through the most intense of gym sessions. The only negative effect I have experienced with Results is the fact that is is making it nearly impossible to take "rest" days. With the tremendous gains I have experienced using Results, I want to be in the gym every single day!

Jonathan M
    Emporia, KA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear At Large Nutrition
    You continue to amaze me. A little over two weeks of using Results (as you indicated) my floor press jumped up twenty pounds and my zercher squat went through the roof.

And, by the way, I broke my existing good morning record last night by twenty pounds. I am planning on definately setting some new records at the Illinois State Championships next week.

Tim W
    Chicago, IL

You might peruse this thread a little bit, its pretty full of people who are thrilled with RESULTS (myself included) and it far outweighs the guys who are hesitant. My take at least is I would rather spend 50 bucks on something that will really work vs. taking a diluted set up that won't work as well.

Its kinda funny (this is a general statement here) but alot of people will pay just as much for an overpriced and less proven product from someone like BSN or VPX or whomever, but when it comes to RESULTS some seem slightly stingy. Give it a shot, you might like it

That was a good point Travis Bell, its funny how people just buy supps because it has a big name. I have only been seeing great results off of atlargenutrition products and love Result as well. I guess it will just take time for people to come around and stop spending there hard earned money on big company names and just start believing in AT Large.
    Off subject but can't wait to get back on Result/Maximus /Opticen when my show is over. Need to keep growing like a weed.

Quote Originally Posted by caseymajor View Post
    Off subject but can't wait to get back on Result/Maximus /Opticen when my show is over. Need to keep growing like a weed.
    How long have you cut results out in preparation for your contest?

Do you utilize at allleading up to it, such as carb loading, etc?

Banned
    Great post Travis!!!

There are a lot of people i respect alot in the lifting world using this supplement right now with GREAT results. It is worth the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    You might peruse this thread a little bit, its pretty full of people who are thrilled with RESULTS (myself included) and it far outweighs the guys who are hesitant. My take at least is I would rather spend 50 bucks on something that will really work vs. taking a diluted set up that won't work as well.

Its kinda funny (this is a general statement here) but alot of people will pay just as much for an overpriced and less proven product from someone like BSN or VPX or whomever, but when it comes to RESULTS some seem slightly stingy. Give it a shot, you might like it
    Eh, the only thing I've seen anyone post are some strength increases that are more than likely a result of taking 80g of dextrose pre-workout-not as a result of muscle gain because nobody has reported anything of that nature. My strength increases seemed to have tappered off, and were up and down throughout the month. I'd have a great workout, then be back down again on the next. This is what lead me to believe it was simply the dextrose that was causing it. I'm just curious as to why everyone wasn't using HMB already if the science is so solid (which it isn't) behind it? My theory is that if HMB caused increases in lean muscle, that would be supported in every single study done and it would be a staple for everyone, and that's far from the case.
    Last edited by HahnB; 03-17-2008 at 07:54 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

On a positive note, I received my order of ORANGE RESULTS. Wow, what a relief from the cherry that I have been gagging down. It tastes like a creamsicle. It's actually pretty enjoyable to drink. Unfortunately I have about 1/4 of the cherry flavor left before I can use the orange.

Eh, the only thing I've seen anyone post are some strength increases that are more than likely a result of taking 80g of dextrose pre-workout-not as a result of muscle gain because nobody has reported anything of that nature. My strength increases seemed to have tappered off, and were up and down throughout the month. I'd have a great workout, then be back down again on the next. This is what lead me to believe it was simply the dextrose that was causing it. I'm just curious as to why everyone wasn't using HMB already if the science is so solid (which it isn't) behind it? My theory is that if HMB caused increases in lean muscle, that would be supported in every single study done and it would be a staple for everyone, and that's far from the case.
    haha you're a tough guy to please HanB.

agreed - up until this launch it really seemed hmb was, by almost all accounts, regarded as a useless supplement that nobody purchased. Were there new studies? As has been mentioned, that seems to be the price driver in this product, given the poor track record of hmb I'm hoping there's newer studies.
    Go now, run along and tell your xerxes he faces free men here, not slaves

I see your point and I agree. I never workout with that much sugar.