The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    thanx travis!

Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    thats awesome. i've seen him bench before, its nuts. all the NGBB guys are.
    lol! thanx...insanity breeds monsters brother...and i've got work to do...
    TB
    i'm a man....without a number
    "never satisfied!"
    powered by anabolikclothing, apt, and usplabs

log:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129997

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Good stuff brother!
    i'll be gettin me more of this stuff, chris...u have a loyal customer now...
    TB
    i'm a man....without a number
    "never satisfied!"
    powered by anabolikclothing, apt, and usplabs

log:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129997

how many calories are in results?

and you count them towards your total on a cut right?

(cause I havent been and I feel kinda stupid :-(
    8/2007: 5-11, 170lb, BF% 21
    Bench: 225x2 DL: 305x2 Squat: 225x2

1/2008: 5-11, 180lb, BF% 23 - all BF% from floor scale
    5/2008: 5-11, 175lb, BF% 22.1
    6/2011: 5-11, 165lb, BF%20.3

"It wouldn't be any fun, if it were easy"

Quote Originally Posted by THE BRUTE View Post
    i'll be gettin me more of this stuff, chris...u have a loyal customer now...
    TB

Awesome, thanks!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmandSV View Post
    how many calories are in results?

and you count them towards your total on a cut right?

(cause I havent been and I feel kinda stupid :-(

Yes.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I'm just about to finish my second bottle. I'm up about 14lbs since starting. My weight gain has plateaued. That is mostly due to some stress and needing to up my cals a bit. Strength and energy in the gym have remained great despite crappy sleep and elevated stress levels. I hit a pr of +135*5 on dips yesterday, so I'll take that. I plan on ordering another bottle and bulking for about 1 month month.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    I'm just about to finish my second bottle. I'm up about 14lbs since starting. My weight gain has plateaued. That is mostly due to some stress and needing to up my cals a bit. Strength and energy in the gym have remained great despite crappy sleep and elevated stress levels. I hit a pr of +135*5 on dips yesterday, so I'll take that. I plan on ordering another bottle and bulking for about 1 month month.
    That is awesome!

I too am up. I have definitely added some body fat, but even with my back injury and no squatting or deadlifting I am up to 220 lbs and am hitting PRs for my upper body. Considering my lack of sleep etc., the fact my size and strength are increasing is very impressive in my book.

I started my results today. I had it mixed in with my chocolate nitrean, it was cherry chocolate bliss. Now I think it was the dextrose, considering this my first day of using results but I ripped up the place today. I got in the weightroom and I was already jacked and hella focused to kill some poundage.

My squats were 275x7x2 which for me is great considering i've been stuck at 275x5x1 for a bit. I have been plateaued in my SLDLs for a while right around 300 today I was able to reliably do 315. My standing mil presses were back upto 135lbs, which was my pre injury weight, and before I was having trouble with 115. It was just a great feeling all together.

I really am not sure if I felt the effects of results as intended. I had no real hopes for this supplement so I don't want to own it up to a placebo effect but I do think the dextrose gave me a sugar high worth using. I will stick with this and after two weeks I will report back with any changes. I am currently "trying" to cut (today I managed 3500 cals) and I see results as a great way to maintain strength and cut at the same time but what the hell if I gain another 20lbs and its mostly lean I won't complain.

For anyone interested I am using results nitrean microlactin and multiplus daily along with a generally low calorie diet to hopefully lower body fat and gain muscle at the same time.
    Last edited by dynamo; 05-03-2008 at 10:23 PM.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamo View Post
    I started my results today. I had it mixed in with my chocolate nitrean, it was cherry chocolate bliss. Now I think it was the dextrose, considering this my first day of using results but I ripped up the place today. I got in the weightroom and I was already jacked and hella focused to kill some poundage.

My squats were 275x7x2 which for me is great considering i've been stuck at 275x5x1 for a bit. I have been plateaued in my SLDLs for a while right around 300 today I was able to reliably do 315. My standing mil presses were back upto 135lbs, which was my pre injury weight, and before I was having trouble with 115. It was just a great feeling all together.

I really am not sure if I felt the effects of results as intended. I had no real hopes for this supplement so I don't want to own it up to a placebo effect but I do think the dextrose gave me a sugar high worth using. I will stick with this and after two weeks I will report back with any changes. I am currently "trying" to cut (today I managed 3500 cals) and I see results as a great way to maintain strength and cut at the same time but what the hell if I gain another 20lbs and its mostly lean I won't complain.

For anyone interested I am using results nitrean microlactin and multiplus daily along with a generally low calorie diet to hopefully lower body fat and gain muscle at the same time.

Good stuff!

I have a question for you chris,

Is there any specific time that your supposed to take results? Like an hour before your workout or any time is good

Thanks
    Weight:185
    Height:5'11
    Goal:To get huge.

"Others would just say, 'Death Valley' and leave it at that. But not LSU. Here, it's 'Welcome to Death Valley.' That's beautiful. It's like descending into Hell and finding a sign that reads, 'Satan Invites You to Enjoy Eternal Damnation.'" -Jim Capel, ESPN

We recommend just prior to training (on training days) on the label, but timing is not really all that important. What is most important is daily use.

Chris

Only happy when bulking radioheadhead's Avatar
    Hey Chris, the mouth of the container is too small! I need to get my 8 year old niece to scoop it out for me.

Like the orange flavor, been on it almost a week.
    Height: 6' weight:197
    BF%: ~12%?

bench: 280 x 1
    squat: 370 x 1
    dead: 360 x 1

goal: 225 @ < 10% bodyfat

Quote Originally Posted by radioheadhead View Post
    Hey Chris, the mouth of the container is too small! I need to get my 8 year old niece to scoop it out for me.

Like the orange flavor, been on it almost a week.
    Lol!

Good stuff, you should be seeing something special in the gym very soon!

Wannabebig Member
    I've found i can't take 2 full scoops because of my bodies reaction to all the sugar, so i've been taking 1 scoop just prior to lifting. Been doing this for 2 weeks and besides a sugar rush after taking and a crash halfway through working out i've seen no positive results. Would you think i should still see benifits from taking a half dose, or should i discontinue use?

Hmm, well, first, you need to take the full dose. Next, you need to use the product daily, not just on training days. Take 1 scoop twice per day if you feel 2 scoops is too much. Alternatively, and what I do, would be to take 2 scoops at once after breakfast each morning.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Hmm, well, first, you need to take the full dose. Next, you need to use the product daily, not just on training days. Take 1 scoop twice per day if you feel 2 scoops is too much. Alternatively, and what I do, would be to take 2 scoops at once after breakfast each morning.

Chris
    Inncoent question, but wouldn't taking it with, or after a meal containing protein and fat decrease the insulin response?

EDIT: actually, I shouldn't say insulin response...but insulin spike?
    Last edited by Slim Schaedle; 05-06-2008 at 09:58 PM.

I know you didn't ask me, and this might be a stupid answer, but my guess would be that if the created insulin spike is too much for some people, thats the idea of the meal, to decrease it a little.

The only other thought I might have is, isn't the dextrose digested in the stomach? so it'd hit the system before the food would. haha I could be way off though. I certainly don't claim to know as much about nutrition as I do benching

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    I know you didn't ask me, and this might be a stupid answer, but my guess would be that if the created insulin spike is too much for some people, thats the idea of the meal, to decrease it a little.

The only other thought I might have is, isn't the dextrose digested in the stomach? so it'd hit the system before the food would. haha I could be way off though. I certainly don't claim to know as much about nutrition as I do benching
    Nah, you are right about taking it with a meal in order to curb the massive increase and subsequent drop in blood glucose that causes some to get tired.

But to me, it seems you might as well take the 3 main components without any sugar at all.

Dextrose is still digested in the small intenstine.

To my knowledge, due to osmoality, the dex stay in the stomach for a bit, and then moves into the S.I. This ends up bloating some people.

That is why waxy maize is pretty popular. Apparently it moves into the S.I much faster, eliminating the bloat.
    Last edited by Slim Schaedle; 05-06-2008 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Schaedle View Post
    Inncoent question, but wouldn't taking it with, or after a meal containing protein and fat decrease the insulin response?

EDIT: actually, I shouldn't say insulin response...but insulin spike?
    The short answer, not necessarily.

been on results for about two months now..and the PR's just keep coming! Just like today.. retested my bench pressand not only met my goal but surpassed it by 10lbs putting up 435!!! I got to hand it to ALN.. their products have given me the recovery and THEN SOME from using their products to be able to train hard and heavy day in and day out! Thanks ALN for making such incredible supplements!
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

I gotta mention this. Ive been cutting, taking less than 2000 cals a day since saturday, pretty close to 1000-1500cals usually (i've been eating 3500 to 4500 per day for a while). Saturday is when I started with results too. I have firmed up lets say (so lost water weight i think), but I have yet to actually lose a pound. My lifts all increased this week as well. Perhaps not in weight but definitely in volume. I know Chris said wait two weeks but i'm responding pretty well to this even less than 7 days in. My goal is to get to sub 10%bf and I am well on my way. I hope results doesnt lose its potency. I have alot to say actually but I feel like i'd just be babbling on so I'll just end it with thanks for this sweet mofo of a product! Thanks for the quality.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    365 Front Squat

whoa! why so low calories?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    whoa! why so low calories?
    Im looking to shed the weight. I mean I guess you could call it an experiment, but I want to lose the fat and see if I can increase or at least maintain strength. I mean I might be around 20%bf atm, and for whatever reason I am holding it really well, I only gained 1 inch on my waste by putting on 22 lbs. funny thing too I figured myself around 20% when I was 203 so I had some serious lbm gain. So I what I'm testing is if I have a huge deficit like this, and I have adequate protein intake (fish, chicken, nitrean), vitamins (multiplus), and RESULTS (beta alanine is a precursor switch for telling the body to build fast twitch), will I have a sweet love of a cut in which I lose fat and gain muscle or will the huge loss in calories still be king? I also take microlactin for its recovery factors and for the wonders it does on my knees since I run, at least I did, haha. And thats why I do the low cal thing.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    365 Front Squat

Well I understand your goal, but that low of calories will more than likely cause you to lose more lbm than you want. For a good cut, you need to not be in a rush

Travis, mark my words, he will NOT lose LBM. One of the very interesting things about HMB is that it seems to work better in a caloric deficit. When I did my cut I was on a VERY low calorie diet as well and I did not lose LBM.