The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    We have Orange Blast coming next week! None too soon as we have had such an initial rush of orders we may literally run out of cherry before the 2nd production run can be finished!
    damn I wish I knew this before I ordered the cherry. Cherry is possibly my least favorite flavor of anything, but I'm going to suck it up this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    damn I wish I knew this before I ordered the cherry. Cherry is possibly my least favorite flavor of anything, but I'm going to suck it up this time.

Trust me, the results will be worth it!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

We have Orange Blast coming next week! None too soon as we have had such an initial rush of orders we may literally run out of cherry before the 2nd production run can be finished!
    What would you say that tastes similar to?

Quote Originally Posted by .Tim View Post
    I don't really have a valid comparison...

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Yeah. It's really hard to compare. I haven't tasted anything like it before.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

No problem. Whenever I run out of Cherry I'll give that a shot if it's the only other option. I can't remember the last time I had something orange flavored that wasn't great so I'm sure it'll be good.

Today was my first take on RESULTS. It's good. It's almost like a wild berry and not really cherry. It reminds me of a post workout shake I used to drink way back in '99-2000. That was back before I knew anything about what I was doing or taking. I remember getting it from GNC, but I don't even remember if it was a protein shake or what.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

I'd love to try this, but I have a weird problem with creatine. I PMed Chris and he said I must have an allergic reaction to it.

By the way, will there ever be a cherry Nitrean someday? That'd be sweet.
    Last edited by Blade55; 02-14-2008 at 12:27 PM.

I think I'm going to try using less water next time. 10oz seems to be too much and gives it a watered down taste.

It reminds me of gunpowder, I don't know if anyone else in here shoots but that's what I compare it to-it tastes good enough to where the taste is no issue at all. I'd even say it tastes good.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

I don't really have a valid comparison...
    Tastes like Koolaid to me.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

This may be coincidence or kind of a placebo like effect but my bench tonight was easier than usual so I jumped up 10lbs and actually felt like I could have done 10lbs more but didn't feel like pressing my luck. I'll try it next time though.

This may be coincidence or kind of a placebo like effect but my bench tonight was easier than usual so I jumped up 10lbs and actually felt like I could have done 10lbs more but didn't feel like pressing my luck. I'll try it next time though.

Everyone is different. You may react more quickly than most. That said, wait about 10 days and WOW (at least for me)!

I look forward to it and will post any results I think are related to RESULTS!

Oh and tonight was day 2 of using it for me.
    Last edited by .Tim; 02-14-2008 at 08:26 PM.

The taste was unbearable for me (cherry is the worst flavor of anything though so no disrespect). I forced it down when it stopped sizzling like NO-XPLODE and felt some discomfort in my stomach and chest?...then proceeded to burp gross cherry flavor the whole way to work and still occasionally now an hour and a half later. I will tolerate it for 2 weeks or so and decide if I want to deal with this (if it still happens) or switch back to plain ole creatine.

Was I supposed to take it on a full stomach?
    Last edited by Cirino83; 02-15-2008 at 07:22 AM.

The taste was unbearable for me (cherry is the worst flavor of anything though so no disrespect). I forced it down when it stopped sizzling like NO-XPLODE and felt some discomfort in my stomach and chest?...then proceeded to burp gross cherry flavor the whole way to work and still occasionally now an hour and a half later. I will tolerate it for 2 weeks or so and decide if I want to deal with this (if it still happens) or switch back to plain ole creatine.

Geez, come on! If it is that bad for you just plug your nose and chug it.

It will probably help for you to consume it on a full stomach.

One other note, use less water and chug it fast. It will go faster.

dedicated & disciplined

Unbearable? With 10-12 ozs. of water it taste like really weak koolaid. How unbearable could that possibly be. And what the heck was sizzling? It has no bubbles or sizzle whatsoever when i mix it with water. You must just REALLY hate cherry.
    Current: 34 yrs. old 5'10.5'' 192 lbs.
    Goals: 195 lbs. 12% bf by dec.09'
    Long term goal: 225 lbs. 10-12% bf
    Best Lifts bench:355 11/10/08 Deadlift:475 5/5/08
    Squat:395 5/6/08.......Total:1225 RAW
    Goals: 1275 total by Dec 09'
    Long term goal: 1500 RAW

videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=emilyjeremy1

I had my 3rd one yesterday. Anyone else get an elevated heart rate, and slightly nervous, shaky hands? Not like caffeine tho'.......

Geez, come on! If it is that bad for you just plug your nose and chug it.

It will probably help for you to consume it on a full stomach.

One other note, use less water and chug it fast. It will go faster.

haha will do. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by live2lift View Post
    Unbearable? With 10-12 ozs. of water it taste like really weak koolaid. How unbearable could that possibly be. And what the heck was sizzling? It has no bubbles or sizzle whatsoever when i mix it with water. You must just REALLY hate cherry.
    well I put it in the turbo shaker and shook it instead of stirred...that might of caused the sizzling. But it definitely fizzed...even as I drank it. No disrespect to ALN, as I find they have the best tasting Weight gainer and Protein I have tried. I just really hate cherry anything.....that much

Quote Originally Posted by SDS View Post
    I had my 3rd one yesterday. Anyone else get an elevated heart rate, and slightly nervous, shaky hands? Not like caffeine tho'.......
    Not so much an elevated heart rate for me as it is discomfort....shaky hands, slightly and anxious a bit

I probably just have to get used to it.

I don't see how the taste could be an issue for anyone, I'd go as far to say it even tastes good. I haven't noticed any anxiousness or nervousness at all. Mine does kinda sizzle when I drop it in the water, it's pretty sweet actually.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

You're probably feeling the sugar rush from the dextrose. It's similar to a caffeine high but just not as bad.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

send it to me!
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

I haven't noticed any fizzing. I take a few chugs out of a 16oz bottle of Dasani, then dump 2 scoops of the powder in the bottle and shake it up and drink. I do have to keep it shaken as there's some undissolved settling. I don't drink it all at once. It's not bad at all, but I think I'd like the orange better.

It fizzes a little bit for me when I dump the powder in the water but that's it. Also I've always hated cherry flavored drinks but this one is one of if not the best cherry flavored drink I've had. Not saying it's good but it's tolerable. I think it's just a matter of finding the right water/powder combination for your taste buds.

This is my 6th day on it, and I love the flavor and taste of Result. The stuff I use to take makes Result taste like heaven in the mouth I did at first get the shakes but I believe it was from the 80mgs of dex. Well anyway the product taste great and will keep up on the progress.