The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I've used it twice now and didn't notice any fizzing, elevated heart rate, or any shakiness. Seems perfectly okay to me and no noticeable negative effects.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by SDS View Post
    I had my 3rd one yesterday. Anyone else get an elevated heart rate, and slightly nervous, shaky hands? Not like caffeine tho'.......
    It should have ZERO effect on heart rate. I think that is a placebo relative to you being a bit uncertain about it perhaps?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

It does react a touch in water, thus a slight amount of fizzing.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

yeah no heartrate effect here either or shaky hands or anything like that

I've heard RESULTS increases size to that certain part of the male anatomy. Is this true?

Maybe it's just in my head, but I had a ton of energy in the gym the last 2 days since starting Results. I'm truly excited to see what the next month (and more) will bring.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Maybe it's just in my head, but I had a ton of energy in the gym the last 2 days since starting Results. I'm truly excited to see what the next month (and more) will bring.
    Yea keep us updated I want to hear what others have to say before I order. I'm going to order Maximus to so I want to do them at the same time. I'm so excited I actually make enough money to afford ALN products now it's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade55 View Post
    I've heard RESULTS increases size to that certain part of the male anatomy. Is this true?
    Dud I hate thoughs infomercials mainly because no one will say, "My dick got bigger!!!" seriously they will say anything but that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade55 View Post
    If it were I would be a rich mother****er!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    If it were I would be a rich mother****er!!!!

I'll let you know .

dedicated & disciplined
    Well I said I would report back on my experiences with RESULTS and I know this is only my 5th day of taking the product but I just finished a squat session that I feel was worthy of a testimonial.

First off, let me explain where I am in reguards to squatting. I've been at it regularly for about 7-8 months now. Just 2 months ago upped it to twice a week. Have been really making nice gains in the last month. I squat on tuesday nites and sat. mornings. Usually Sat. mornings is where I will attempt a PR (If I do at all). 4 of the last 5 Saturdays I've went for a PR and hit it. 5 weeks ago 350, two weeks later 355, and 360 last week. What I've usually done is a warmup set of 4 with 135,225, then a single of 315 before going for a PR. Then after achieving the PR rested a few minutes and resumed my working sets.

Today was different. I had no intention on going for a PR today. I did warm up sets of 4 with 135,225 and the a working set of 4 with 315, 3 sets of 4 with 335. Was feeling so good about how easy my working sets were going I went ahead and put 365 on and it flew up real nice. I had done 335 before on working sets but it usually went, even as recently as this last tuesday nite, 335X4 (grinder) then 3, then 2 on the last set,and felt good about that. Today, as I said before, went sets of 4 with 135,225,315,335,335,335. And the final set of 4 with 335 today was TONS easier that the first set of that weight was tues. nite. Hence the reason I decided to go for the PR. So not only did I hit a 5lb. PR again this week but today hit it after 5 working sets instead of warmups then PR attempt. And the working sets themselves were PRs too. Oh, with slightly shorter rest periods between sets too.

Maybe I'm getting overly excited and jumping the gun a bit. And I'm sure theres at least an ounce of placebo in there. But its not uncommon to have a slightly better workout than the last but this was DEFINITELY in a different category today.

I'm defintely excited about the product and looking forward to watching my big 3 exceed my set goals.

Sorry for the ramble.
    Last edited by live2lift; 02-16-2008 at 07:52 AM.
    Current: 34 yrs. old 5'10.5'' 192 lbs.
    Goals: 195 lbs. 12% bf by dec.09'
    Long term goal: 225 lbs. 10-12% bf
    Best Lifts bench:355 11/10/08 Deadlift:475 5/5/08
    Squat:395 5/6/08.......Total:1225 RAW
    Goals: 1275 total by Dec 09'
    Long term goal: 1500 RAW

videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=emilyjeremy1

Quote Originally Posted by live2lift View Post
    Well I said I would report back on my experiences with RESULTS and I know this is only my 5th day of taking the product but I just finished a squat session that I feel was worthy of a testimonial.

First off, let me explain where I am in reguards to squatting. I've been at it regularly for about 7-8 months now. Just 2 months ago upped it to twice a week. Have been really making nice gains in the last month. I squat on tuesday nites and sat. mornings. Usually Sat. mornings is where I will attempt a PR (If I do at all). 4 of the last 5 Saturdays I've went for a PR and hit it. 5 weeks ago 350, two weeks later 355, and 360 last week. What I've usually done is a warmup set of 4 with 135,225, then a single of 315 before going for a PR. Then after achieving the PR rested a few minutes and resumed my working sets.

Today was different. I had no intention on going for a PR today. I did warm up sets of 4 with 135,225 and the a working set of 4 with 315, 3 sets of 4 with 335. Was feeling so good about how easy my working sets were going I went ahead and put 365 on and it flew up real nice. I had done 335 before on working sets but it usually went, even as recently as this last tuesday nite, 335X4 (grinder) then 3, then 2 on the last set,and felt good about that. Today, as I said before, went sets of 4 with 135,225,315,335,335,335. And the final set of 4 with 335 today was TONS easier that the first set of that weight was tues. nite. Hence the reason I decided to go for the PR. So not only did I hit a 5lb. PR again this week but today hit it after 5 working sets instead of warmups then PR attempt. And the working sets themselves were PRs too. Oh, with slightly shorter rest periods between sets too.

Maybe I'm getting overly excited and jumping the gun a bit. And I'm sure theres at least an ounce of placebo in there. But its not uncommon to have a slightly better workout than the last but this was DEFINITELY in a different category today.

I'm defintely excited about the product and looking forward to watching my big 3 exceed my set goals.

Sorry for the ramble.
    That is GREAT stuff and exactly why I am so excited about the product.

The SAME thing happened to me after about 10 days of use.

I am telling you that the vast majority of people who use this product are going to see very nice results. I truly believe it is one of the best supplements on the market today.

You know, the only sad part is that we are a small company with a small ad budget and so many people who could benefit from this product instead of wasting their money on other crap will never get the chance...

Chris
    Last edited by chris mason; 02-16-2008 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by live2lift View Post

Sorry for the ramble.
    Awesome I just ordered some last night I can't wait. I'm even postponing taking my other "Supplements" to see how results does.

Question for you Chris does Results stop working after so much? Like after the initial strength gain does it stop producing results?

Wannabebig New Member
    A copy of a post that I made in another forum about results:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chris mason
    Lol, I'll be honest and say taste is not RESULTS' strong point, but I don't see the prune juice comparison.

Actually, initial flavoring feedback has actually surprised me! The ingredients simply make it impossible to have the product taste great, but check out this thread from another site:

(can't post link) END QUOTE

Chris
    I like the flavor. I have to admit, reading your initial description of the taste made me nervous, Chris. But i was pleasantly surprised once it arrived. It's not a very strong taste and reminds me of a melted "freez-pop" that I used to love as a kid. That or a Popsicle. Just started using it last Wednesday (4 days ago), and have had great workouts since. Can't say that this is because of RESULTS, might just be natural progression, placebo effect, etc... That being said, I'm excited about it. I have had no side effects such as tingling, increased heart rate or jitters. So far, I'm very pleased.

A little side note about ALN in general. I ordered RESULTS on a Friday night (and I do mean night, past 7 pm). It was shipped that day and arrived Wednesday in the am. Wow. Keep up the great work, Chris.
    Last edited by Jimmy1; 02-16-2008 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by method115 View Post
    Awesome I just ordered some last night I can't wait. I'm even postponing taking my other "Supplements" to see how results does.

Question for you Chris does Results stop working after so much? Like after the initial strength gain does it stop producing results?

Well, like anything there is an upper limit to what you will get from it, but my exeperience shows that it is much higher than anything else I have ever used.

Chris

Im unemployed right now but after reading this thread I was forced to order it, not to mention im almost out of creatine 500. Cant waitttttt!

(Well I volunteer, but that makes me no money)

Squat: 265x1 | Bench: 190x1 | Deadlift: 315x1 (Started 6/3/07)
    My Journal

Phenom - After two speeding tickets I drive like I have a kilo of cocaine and a dead body in my trunk.

Bicster
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Im unemployed right now but after reading this thread I was forced to order it, not to mention im almost out of creatine 500. Cant waitttttt!

(Well I volunteer, but that makes me no money)
    what exactly forced you?

Demons of Steel and Flesh HP666's Avatar
    I've been using RESULTS for a few days now. I've had a couple good workouts.
    I get the "sizzle" when I put it in water, but I think that's just the crystals melting in the water as soon as they touch; this stuff is very fine and mixes VERY well. The taste is FANTASTIC. For those worried about the cherry taste; it's more of a Kool-Aid cherry rather than a Cherry Coke flavor. Excellent stuff; excellent.

Set a PR for my 5x5 BB flat bench tonight.....actually rep'd 6 on the last set too. Same for DB incline press, except I rep'd 8 & 7 on the last 2 sets. Probably could've PR'd my bent over rows as well, but I didn't try. This is after 1 week of daily consumption of Results, and maintenance calories (I've been eating maintenance for 3-4 months now)
    Last edited by SDS; 02-18-2008 at 06:08 PM.

Just finished my chest workout today and set a new PR on Flat DB press. last week I hit 130lbs each 3x10 this week 140lbs 3x10 with no problem. I even went from 110lbs incline to 120lbs. This is my 9th day on Result and the gains are crazy. I can't wait to see whats next tomorrow in the gym.

Chris

1. Do you have a calorie count on one serving (2 scoops)?

2. What is the recommendation/interplay between Results and ETS?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SDS View Post
    Set a PR for my 5x5 BB flat bench tonight.....actually rep'd 6 on the last set too. Same for DB incline press, except I rep'd 8 & 7 on the last 2 sets. Probably could've PR'd my bent over rows as well, but I didn't try. This is after 1 week of daily consumption of Results, and maintenance calories (I've been eating maintenance for 3-4 months now)
    AWESOME!

This is exactly what people should expect using the product!

Thanks for your comments!

Quote Originally Posted by rdkraus View Post
    Chris

1. Do you have a calorie count on one serving (2 scoops)?

2. What is the recommendation/interplay between Results and ETS?

Thanks.

- Just the carbs, so 320 calories.

- Actually, ETS and RESULTS work together very nicely and will produce additive effects. I think we may release a stack with just the 2.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by caseymajor View Post
    Just finished my chest workout today and set a new PR on Flat DB press. last week I hit 130lbs each 3x10 this week 140lbs 3x10 with no problem. I even went from 110lbs incline to 120lbs. This is my 9th day on Result and the gains are crazy. I can't wait to see whats next tomorrow in the gym.

a) You are a strong mofo!

b) Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    - Just the carbs, so 320 calories.

- Actually, ETS and RESULTS work together very nicely and will produce additive effects. I think we may release a stack with just the 2.

Chris
    Thanks