The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 755
  1. #76
    Fear No Weight BPM Osgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In The Gym, Maine
    Posts
    147
    I use Results and ETS for a week now! I can say that my workout last longer and I feel Stronger! No BS. When I train Back and Bi's the Time I get to Bi's there done, last week I hit an awesome Back workout and then went to do bi's and they felt fresh, It was awesome to hit them hard! Even at the end of my workout I still wanted to lift! Results are What I WANT from a Product and with RESULTS thats what I'm Getting!
    Ain't Nothin 2 It But 2 Do It!
    BPM Osgood
    605@178
    www.myspace.com/bpmosgood

  2. #77
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Good workout today-strength is up. I ended up not working out till about 9 hours after my serving because of a change in schedule. More to come in a week or two.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  3. #78
    Westside Bencher Travis Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Westside Barbell, OH
    Posts
    8,920
    man this stuff is awesome! Seems every day I feel more and more strength. Very well done product

  4. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    835
    Tried for the first time yesterday.

    Gotta be honest.

    Tastes like crap (especially compared to the great taste of other AtLarge products).

    Sugar gave me a headache.

    Then I did have a great workout.

    We'll see what happens.

  5. #80
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,609
    Quote Originally Posted by rdkraus View Post
    Tried for the first time yesterday.

    Gotta be honest.

    Tastes like crap (especially compared to the great taste of other AtLarge products).

    Sugar gave me a headache.

    Then I did have a great workout.

    We'll see what happens.
    Lol, I understand. Honestly, I have been surprised as many people like the flavor as they do. You may find the soon to be released orange more to your liking. The ingredients just make it tough to flavor the product in such a way that everyone can love it.

    Chris


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  6. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Lol, I understand. Honestly, I have been surprised as many people like the flavor as they do. You may find the soon to be released orange more to your liking. The ingredients just make it tough to flavor the product in such a way that everyone can love it.

    Chris
    I'm gonna experiment mixing it with other stuff to hide/modify the flavor.

  7. #82
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rdkraus View Post
    Tried for the first time yesterday.

    Gotta be honest.

    Tastes like crap (especially compared to the great taste of other AtLarge products).

    Sugar gave me a headache.

    Then I did have a great workout.

    We'll see what happens.
    This still blows my mind. I don't understand how anyone could think it tastes bad. Exactly what about it is so bad?
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  8. #83
    cakin Cirino83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,239
    ^^ I'm pretty sure taste is subjective. I personally have NEVER enjoyed anything cherry flavored....gum, lolipops, dr. pepper, cherries....


    although I think I'm becoming immune to it because I tell myself it is fruit punch before I chug it down.
    Last edited by Cirino83; 02-21-2008 at 07:14 AM.

  9. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    This still blows my mind. I don't understand how anyone could think it tastes bad. Exactly what about it is so bad?
    Uh, it's taste buds, who knows.

    Orange might be better for me, cause I can throw it in my OJ and the taste
    should pretty much blend in.

  10. #85
    Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,236
    I like the idea of this thread, but maybe we should start a "4 weeks of use minimum RESULTS results" thread. All these people saying they got one more rep the first day and spraying their shorts is getting in the way of what most people are really interested in.
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

  11. #86
    Westside Bencher Travis Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Westside Barbell, OH
    Posts
    8,920
    mix it with fruit punch gatorade, its a pretty good taste even though I don't mind the taste in water

  12. #87
    Fear No Weight BPM Osgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In The Gym, Maine
    Posts
    147
    I cant get over the taste issue... WOW I guess you havent tried some of the Creatine I have then... lol or this would be awesome tasting!! lol
    Ain't Nothin 2 It But 2 Do It!
    BPM Osgood
    605@178
    www.myspace.com/bpmosgood

  13. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    40
    results tastes fine...

  14. #89
    Westside Bencher Travis Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Westside Barbell, OH
    Posts
    8,920
    Quote Originally Posted by BPM Osgood View Post
    I cant get over the taste issue... WOW I guess you havent tried some of the Creatine I have then... lol or this would be awesome tasting!! lol
    haha some are so bitter its like you're drinking baking soda


    I dunno, I guess when it comes to supplements for me, I'm not drinking or eating them because they taste good. I drink them because they will help me get the most out of the energy I put in my lifting. Sometimes if it doesn't fit your palet, you kinda just have to suck it up and get her down the hatch

  15. #90
    T.J.W. pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    143
    I just got mine today and I was amazed at everyone who didn't like the taste. I thought it tasted amazing! I put it with 10oz of water and hell, I would drink a flavored drink that tasted like this if I had to. Now I just have to wait a few weeks and see what happens.

    Also is it just me or is it every time I get a supplement in the mail the scoop manages to make its way to the bottom of the container?

    Age: 21 | Height: 5'8'' | Weight: 153lbs
    Squat: 265x1 | Bench: 190x1 | Deadlift: 315x1 (Started 6/3/07)
    My Journal

    Phenom - After two speeding tickets I drive like I have a kilo of cocaine and a dead body in my trunk.


  16. #91
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,609
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    I just got mine today and I was amazed at everyone who didn't like the taste. I thought it tasted amazing! I put it with 10oz of water and hell, I would drink a flavored drink that tasted like this if I had to. Now I just have to wait a few weeks and see what happens.

    Also is it just me or is it every time I get a supplement in the mail the scoop manages to make its way to the bottom of the container?
    Just you...



    JK


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  17. #92
    Senior Member cphafner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    7,701
    I'm also shocked by all the people that think it tastes bad...

    I just finished week 2. My energy has been crazy in the gym. I've been like the energizer bunny. I am lifting fairly light weights (about 70-80% of normal) but they just keep going. I have also been constantly hungry. I can't eat enough right now. Anyone else having that experience?
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

    I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

    "you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

    "Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

    From A Body Builder is Born

    i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

  18. #93
    T.J.W. pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Just you...



    JK


    Im kidding. Well it is a struggle to get that badboy up out of the bottom, but one thing I really like about ordering from you guys is it seems a lot more personal than a big company. Who else writes on the receipt?! haha

    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    I'm also shocked by all the people that think it tastes bad...

    I just finished week 2. My energy has been crazy in the gym. I've been like the energizer bunny. I am lifting fairly light weights (about 70-80% of normal) but they just keep going. I have also been constantly hungry. I can't eat enough right now. Anyone else having that experience?
    This is only my first day so I cant offer much opinion about being hungry. But I have been hungry most of the day... probably just in my head.

    Age: 21 | Height: 5'8'' | Weight: 153lbs
    Squat: 265x1 | Bench: 190x1 | Deadlift: 315x1 (Started 6/3/07)
    My Journal

    Phenom - After two speeding tickets I drive like I have a kilo of cocaine and a dead body in my trunk.


  19. #94
    cakin Cirino83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,239
    Today is not a training day. I woke up took RESULTS, then followed it by a protein shake. Burped and dry heaved down the highway until I got to the parking lot where I threw up a mouth full of frappe-like cherry/chocolate substance then went on my way. MMM I love cherry.


    The workouts seem a little better though...only been taking for 7 days so I can't really notice anything yet.

  20. #95
    Lifting junkie. AKMass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    MASSachusetts
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    Today is not a training day. I woke up took RESULTS, then followed it by a protein shake. Burped and dry heaved down the highway until I got to the parking lot where I threw up a mouth full of frappe-like cherry/chocolate substance then went on my way. MMM I love cherry.


    The workouts seem a little better though...only been taking for 7 days so I can't really notice anything yet.
    I was wondering what that stuff was...
    5'10"
    180

    Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

    Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

  21. #96
    Senior Member caseymajor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    0
    I have been on Result for about 2weeks now and this is going to be one of my staples in my bodybuilding supps forever. I will be cycling it on and off but always be one of the greats over the counter supps I have ever taken. It is crazy because I was taking creatine before and then switched to Result and gaining amazing strength. Just for one example last week I hit Bi's and used 65lbs d-bells seated curls and hit 8reps, this week just hit 70lbs d-bells and hit 10reps.
    As for everyone saying the taste is bad, since I am on a diet it is like a desert to me, I love the taste. Well ALN is growing in size and products so everyone jump on board and enjoy the incredible gains like me.

  22. #97
    Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by caseymajor View Post
    I have been on Result for about 2weeks now and this is going to be one of my staples in my bodybuilding supps forever. I will be cycling it on and off but always be one of the greats over the counter supps I have ever taken. It is crazy because I was taking creatine before and then switched to Result and gaining amazing strength. Just for one example last week I hit Bi's and used 65lbs d-bells seated curls and hit 8reps, this week just hit 70lbs d-bells and hit 10reps.
    As for everyone saying the taste is bad, since I am on a diet it is like a desert to me, I love the taste. Well ALN is growing in size and products so everyone jump on board and enjoy the incredible gains like me.
    Had you been making gains prior to hitting 70x10, or were you 'stuck' (good place to be stuck!) on 65x8 or so for awhile?

    I'm really close to making a move on this stuff. Any word on the orange flavor? Cherry is one of my least favorite flavors, but if it's going to be a long time before the orange I may think about it.
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

  23. #98
    Senior Member caseymajor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    0
    Tell you the truth I have been on 65lbs d-bells for about a month now. So yeah I was stuck for awhile and i believe Result pushed me past my sticking point. The cherry flavor is not that bad even if you don't like cherry it still taste like kool-aid with lots of sugar in it, the kind that kids like

  24. #99
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    I'm looking for the progress over a month time period or so. Two months would be a better time period to evaluate a supplement. A few extra reps here and there or a 5lb increase on a lift is nice, but that's not worth 50 dollars a month, in my opinion.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  25. #100
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,609
    I am still on a hypo-caloric diet (although that will end in another week) and I am STILL hitting PRs in the gym. I have hit several PRs my last 2 sessions in the gym. There is no other reason for that than the inclusion of RESULTS in my regimen. Look, I am not just trying to sell something, I am trying to SHARE something that I find to be truly effective. It is just wild.

    Do I ever talk like this about anything else we offer? The closest thing would be ETS and time have proven that out, no?

    Do yourself a favor and get the product.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Similar Threads

  1. test results...help in analysis...
    By thalapathi in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 07:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •