Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OlePapaBobby's Brand New Rag Mag

No training till monday, but i thought I'd mention that i weighed myself myself this morning and clocked in at 14st 8.5lbs wich is 204.5lbs. If i am correct that is a 1.5lb gain since the last time i weighed myself which i believe was two weeks ago (I think). Putting on a lb a week would be good, but if i can gain a lb of lean muscle every two weeks that would be kick ass.

I also ended up having 9 meals yesterday! I eat 7 meals everyday except friday when i train and work in the same day so i have 8 but after work i was so hungry that i ate my tuna twice
    Last edited by The_Chicken_Daddy; 04-30-2001 at 04:11 PM.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Training

I was disappointed today because the free weights area of my gym (my 'backyard' where i'm the big dog ) so my chest workout wasn't how i'd like it to be. You may notice it is quite different.

Chest:
    Flat bench was took up so i cleverly invented an incline barbell bench by slotting a bench between the squat rack and removing the safety brackets. ace.

Incline Barbell - 5 + 2 forced w/ 80kg
    - 4 + 2 forced w/ 80kg

Dips - 12 reps
    - 12 reps Note: next time i really need a dipping belt to throw some more weight on there

Machine flyes - 12 reps w/ 65kg
    - 10 reps w/ 65kg

It was a decent chest workout but i was disappointed that i couldn't do my normal routine.

Triceps:
    Seated skulls - 11 + 1 w/ 50kg
    - 8 + 2 w/ 50kg

Rope pressdowns - 12 reps w/ 55kg
    - 10 reps w/ 55kg

Diet

Was excellent today. I'm back at college so my routine will fit nicely back into place. I need to rememebr to drink more water though.

supps were all on time.

Rest

I was up late last night organising a tape for Backlash so i got to bed at about 1am and found it hard to get to sleep. I was then up at 8am. Not pleasant. I'm gonna be in bed by about 11:30pm tonight which infact is in 10 minutes so ta ta bonnie lad.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

I watched 'Blood and guts' before the gym, courtesy of good ole' Franco and went to the gym with one helluva mentality.

Training

I did pull ups before deads today to see if it was my deadlifts affecting my pull ups. From todays results, i may have been right. I will only officially know after a few weeks.

Back:
    Pull - ups - 12

Deads - 8 reps w/130kg
    - 6 reps w/130kg

DB row - 10 reps w/40kg
    - 8 reps w/40kg

Low cable row - 8 reps w/ 75kg

Biceps:
    I have been calculating my barbell poundage wrong - the shorter BB is 15kg and i have been working it out as 10kg, therefore, my curling weight is actually 5kg more than i realised. The real calculations are shown below.
    BB curls - 6 reps w/45kg
    - 4 reps w/ 45kg

DB curls - 12 reps w/ 18kg <-- Done with ease, hence, the second set.
    - 8 reps w/ 20kg

Diet

Has been as usual and i also plan to cheat my sexy deadlifting ass off tonight with an extra meal: fish finger sarnies...Mmmmm.....

water has been rather crap again. I need to get back into the spirit of drinking for fun whilst at college.

Supps are sorted.

Rest

Need more. Get more. Ass monkey.

Bespoke Super Mod
    Show 'em why your number 1 Yates
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Show them indeed Mr Angelini.

Today was probably the latest i have ever trained. I had to put it back a while because i had a full day of college and then a driving lesson. From what i can see the routine will be the same next week.

Training

Quads:
    Leg extensions - 12 w/ 40kg
    - 12 w/ 55kg
    - 10 w/ 65kg --> NB. I have put this weight up by 5kg and will continue with this weight for a few more weeks to let me knees get used to it. I expect it to be about 4 weeks before it goes up to 70kg, not because i can't do it, but because i really feel a nasty sensation in my knee tendon when i do these too heavy.

Leg press - 12 w/ 150kg
    - 10 w/ 155kg
    - 10 w/ 155kg

Hamstrings:
    Seated curl - 12 w/ 50kg
    - 10 w/ 60kg
    - 7 w/ 65kg

Standing curl - 10 reps w/ 20kg

calves:
    Seated calf raise - 10 w/ 60kg
    - 9 w/ 60kg

standing calf - 12 reps w/ 95kg
    - 10 reps w/ 105kg

Diet

Has been eaten but in different order and different times than usual due to late training.

Water has been so - so.

Supps will be sorted very soon.

Rest

Was terrible. I'm awake only by the resusitanting effects of caffiene.
    I was up till 1am last night on here with a bottle of red wine. I was up again at 8am. Not good.

Sort it out Robboe...

Training

shoulders:
    DB press - 10 w/ 28kg
    - 8 w/ 28kg

Machine lat raises - 12 w/ 30kg
    - 10 w/ 35kg

reverse machine flyes - 12 w/ 35kg

Traps:
    DB shrug - 12 w/45kg
    - 12 w/ 45kg <---Will keep this weight for a few weeks before increasing to 50kg

Diet

Last night i had a craving for spagettii and so ate some...quite a lot infact... and so i ate my chicken and flax before bed and didn't bother with my late night tuna.

Food has been good today.

Water has been quite appauling - i forgot my water bottle at the gym so it was bad.

Supps will be sorted very soon.

Rest

I was in bed by 11:30pm last night which, although is late for me is early! haha....

Training

Chest:
    Bench - 85kg - 7 + 2
    - 5 + 2

Incline DB - 30kg - 10

Machine flyes - 65kg - 12
    - 70kg - 6

Triceps:
    Skulls - 50kg - 12
    - 9 + 2

Rope - 55kg - 12
    - 60kg - 10

Diet

Fine and dandy. I've increased my cals a bit on days that i work.

Water was fine.

Supps are sorted.

Rest

Has been fine all weekend actually.

There were lots of guys in my gym today cause it was only open between 9-12 cause today is a bank holiday.
    All the new roidy boys were in cause the other gym that housed them has closed. One guy, who was huge, was training without a top on - there's nowt like showing off eh?....

7th May, 2001

Ok, just for fun i took some measurements [this is just so i can look back and compare]

Legs (measured from the bottom of my boxer line) = 24.5"

chest = 43" (45 if i tense )

Right arm = 16" dead
    Left arm = slightly under 16"

Neck = 16.5"

Calves = 16" dead

waist = nearly 36" ~cringes~

Training

Back:
    Pull ups - 12

Deads - 130kg - 8
    - 130kg - 6

DB row - 40kg - 12
    - 40kg - 10

Cable row - 75kg - 10

Biceps:
    BB curl - 45kg - 8
    - 45kg - 6

DB curl - 20kg - 12
    - 22kg - 6

Diet

Was very spaced out yesterday, especially between meals 2 and 3 (like 4+ hours)

It should be sound today though.

Water has been semi-decent.

Supps will be sorted.

Rest

7 and a half hours. Need more. Get more Robboe!

Excellent leg session!

Training

Quads:
    Leg extension - 40kg - 12
    - 65kg - 12
    - 65kg - 12

Leg press - 155kg - 12
    - 160kg - 12
    - 165kg - 8<---felt like i could just keep throwing the weight on these!

Seated curl - 55kg - 12
    - 60kg - 10
    - 65kg - 7

Standing curl - 20kg - 11

Seated calf - 60kg - 11
    - 60kg - 10

Standing calf - 100 - 12
    - 110 - 10

Diet

Fine and super. I fancy some spagettii tonight so i will scrap the tuna for last meal and will eat chicken instead. ace.

Water has been reasonable. it has been excellent considering today was another busy day.

Rest

Pretty terrible infact. I need to start going to bed earlier.

Training

Shoulders:
    DB press - 28kg - 10
    - 28kg - 8 + 2 forced

Reverse pek dek - 40kg - 12

Machine side lats - 35kg - 12
    - 40kg - 8 <--I muchos prefer the machie over the free weight version

Traps:
    Shrugs - 45kg - 12
    - 45kg - 12

Diet

I'm working tonight so i've already ate a few more cals than normal.

I'm very dehydrated at present because of the heat - today is the hottest day this year so far!

Rest

I got to bed at a reasonable hour yesterday and got about 8 hours kip which was ace.

I'm gonna try a method where i reduce the amount of reps i do per set starting from monday.

Upper body - 4-8

Lower body - 10-12.

We'll see how it goes.

Alrighty, I read some of the max-ot and i've decided to try a rep range of 4-6 for every body part except quads and calves.

I tried the new method as i trained today. Lets hope this pays off:

Training

Chest:
    Bench - 90kg - 5
    - 95kg - 3 **This is too much at present**
    - 90kg - 4

Incline DB - 34kg DB's - 6
    - 36kg DB's - 5

Machine flyes - 80kg - 6
    - 80kg - 6 **the weight of the machine is 80kg max so i will either need to do DB flyes or buy a belt and start dipping again**

Triceps:
    Skullz - 55kg - 6
    - 65kg - 4 (just) **I'll put this weight down to 60kg next week**

Ropes - 70kg - 6
    - 80kg - 4

All in all a good session.

Diet

Upping cals on days that i work was a good idea. I've only got one more week of work till i pack it in for exams. I'm hoping to get an office job over the summer.

My diet has been fine so far.

Water has been semi - decent.

Supps are sorted and stashed.

Rest

Terrible - 7 hours. This is disgraceful and unacceptable. I need more. Tsk tsk tsk....tuttut

Training

Back:
    Close-grip pull-downs - 80kg - 8 Doing these till i get a weight belt for weighted chins
    - 90kg - 6
    - 90kg - 6

Deads - 140kg - 5
    - 140kg - 4

DB row - 45kg - 6
    - 50kg - 4

Low cable row - 90kg - 5

Biceps:
    BB curl - 50kg - 4
    - 50kg - 4

DB curl - 24kg Db's - 6 (3 each side)
    - 22kg DB's - 6

I'm still finding what weights i can do inbetween the 4-6 rep range. Hopefully everything will be sorted by next week.

Diet

Has been good. I fanbcy a treat tonight so i guess i'll have my chicken with some flax before bed.

Rest

Was slightly better at 8 hours. I really need to get to bed earlier.

I'm still in the process of stretching alot so i can go deeper on squats next week. I tried some practise ones today with a dry bar and then with 10kg each side. I'm definatly going a lot deeper than i used to. My ego's gonna take a good hiding next week!

Training

Legs:
    Extensions - 70kg - 8
    - 75kg - 8

Press - 160kg - 8
    - 165kg - 8
    - 165kg - 8

Seated curl - 65kg - 8
    - 70kg - 5
    - 70kg - 5

Standing curl - 25kg - 8

Seated calf - 65kg - 8
    - 70kg - 6

Standing calf - 120kg - 10
    - 120kg - 10
    - 40kg - 12

Squats should go ahead as of next week.

Diet

Has been fine. I fancy some spagettii after legs tonight so as usual, chicken will become last meal with flax.

Water has been semi-decent.

Supps are ok.

Rest

About 8-9 hours last night which is a major improvement.

I've decided that instead of doing reps ranges of 4-6 i will do rep ranges of 4-8. So if ic an manage a weight for 4 reps the following week i will try for 5 reps and so on until i can manage 8 reps - then the weight goes up and then back down to 4 reps. This will be the case for all muscles, including quads. For calves i will do this scheme for heavy weights but higher reps for lower weights.

Training

Shoulders:
    Oh press - 30kg DB's - 8
    - 30kg - 7 + 1

Machine side lats - 45kg - 8
    - 50kg - 6

Reverse machine flyes - 45kg - 8

Traps:
    Shrugs - 50kg DB's - 8
    - 50kg - 6

Diet

Has been good and will be good. Today is my last friday at work. Ace.

Water has been good.

I've decided to reduce the amount of supps i take. Glut is now only post workout and before bed - i've basically scrapped the morning dose. After i've finsihed with the creatine i have i probably won't buy another tub.

All vits and glucosamine will stay the same though.

Rest

I was in bed earl then ever last night so i could manage to get up at 8am quite easily, which was nice!

Kick ass training sess but i doubt it is gonna do any good for my revision!

Training

Chest:
    bench - 90kg - 4 + 2
    - 90kg - 4 + 2

Incline DB - 36kg DB's - 6 + 1
    - 36kg - 5 + 1

DB flyes - 20kg - 8
    - 22kg - 8

Triceps:
    Skullz - 55kg - 8
    - 60kg - 3 + 3

Ropes - 70kg - 8
    -75kg - 6

Diet

Super Smashing Great.

Rest

rather terrible from last night seen as how i had to wait up to set the video to record Judgement day last night. I was back up at 8am too to watch it!

mowble
    "Damn, I'm looking good" -Duke Nukem
    "I look cool dude" -Pig From the Sky

Er....Indeedy.

Hey Marc, spelling really isn't your forté is it?...

Training

Back:
    C - G Pulldowns - 90kg - 8

Deads - 140kg - 3
    - 3 <-----I have no idea what went wrong here
    drop dead sets: 100kg - 5
    60kg - 5 [just to see what they were like - i've never done them before]

DB Row - 45kg - 8

Cable row - 90kg - 6

Biceps:
    BB curl - 45kg - 8

DB curl - 22kg DB's - 8

Diet

Has been super smashing and water has been amazing!

Rest

I got 8 hours last night but still woke up quite tired. I'm going to bed at 11pm tonight and will again get up at 8am tomorrow.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Why don't you start deadlifting heavy you pansy ass Geordie boy!!!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Bespoke Super Mod
    Latty - 140kg = 308lbs

What grip do you use on lat pulldowns and do you do them behind the neck or to the chest?
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Fran: 'C - G' = close grip. It's where your palms face each other. Quite hard to explain actually. Think a triangular prism.

Latman: kiss my ass eh?

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Franco-exactly my point!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Sorry Fran, i forgot to mention that i pull to the front. I feel it in my back so much it's amazing (also in the brachialias, or however you spell it, muscle.)

I squatted for the first time in months today and still managed to get 200lbs which i was quite impressed with. The squats also didn't affect my leg press from progressing either which was ace.

Training

Legs:
    Extensions - 75kg - 8
    - 80kg - 8

Squats - 80kg - 8
    - 90kg - 8 <--These will be increased next week. I am currently just easing my way back inot them

Press - 165kg - 8
    - 170kg - 8

Seated curl - 70kg - 6

Standing curl - 25kg - 8

Seated calf - 65kg - 8
    - 70kg - 7
    - 25kg - 25 <---These mother fuggers burned for fun.

Standing calf - 60kg - 8 (one leg at a time)
    - 120kg - 6
    60kg - 9

Excellent session.

Diet

Has been good. I haven't really cheated this week with me training later in the day. I like this way for now.

Yesterday water was excellent, same as Tuesday.

I really am sick of supps.

Rest

Got about 9 hours last night and was up nice and sharp for my exam, which turned out to be rather terrible. Oh well, it was only gen stud. so i care not.

Goals

This is a long term i've decided for. By the end of the year I want these lifts:

Squat: 300lbs
    dead: 400lbs
    bench: 250lbs.

This gives me seven months to get some good growth goin' on. I doubt i'll cut now, my body's in too much of an anabolic state and i wanna utilise every second of it.

Training

Shoulders:
    DB press - 30kg DB's - 8
    - 7 + 1

Machine side lats - 50kg - 7

Reversious pecius decius - 45kg - 8

Traps:
    DB shrugs - 50kg DB's - 8

Diet

Has been good all week. Since i train later in the day i have less of a compulsion to cheat...which is nice...

Water hasn't been as good today.

Supps can kiss my ass as usual.

Rest

After squats last night i didn't feel so bad when i got home. I went to bed at 11:30pm and woke up at 8am for a p!ss and had to go back to bed till 10am cause i was so ****ed, so all in all i got about 10 hours sleep.