Thread: Diet soda..

Wannabebig Member

Diet soda..

Bad or Ok?

Sprite Zero is the shiznit..

Nothing wrong with it. Great when you're on a cut especially, because it still fills you up a little and gives you something to sip on without the cals.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Its the only soda I drink. Try not to drink calories. Glad to hear its ok.

I don't think its good at all buit if you need it it is better than the alternative of regular soda.
    6"4 17 fat started 280 current 254.8 weigh ins every sunday.

Hoping anywhere 215-235 but its not the numbers that matter the mirror will tell.

diet pop obviously dosent have the calories like regular pop but there have been studies done that say that it make you crave sweets more so people who drink diet pop tend to eat more sweets
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

Banned
    The artifiical sweeteners cause the same insulin spike that regular soda causes. So, you will crave sweets. High protein will curb your sweet craving.

I work with a guy who used to be in manufacturing for Pepsi. He said, if it comes in a glass, it's better for you. If it comes in plastic, it horrible. He also said, that diet soda, without any fruit additives, is 99% water. Once there's a natural fruit flavor added, there has to be preservatives added. If you have to drink Diet Soda, and you don't, because no one is holding a gun to your head, drink a cola-type flavor that has no caffeine. Caffeine will dehydrate you.

Drink flavored water or carbonated flavored water. Much better choices.

Wannabebig Member
    Cherry Coke Zero is godly.

Quote Originally Posted by ccc85 View Post
    Cherry Coke Zero is godly.
    Yeah, Coke did an awesome job with all their "Zero" sodas. Coke Zero, Cherry Coke Zero, Vanilla Coke Zero, and Sprite Zero all taste pretty close to the real thing compared to diet.

I cut all soda from my regular diet a few years ago though, but I still use all of these occasionally when I'm drinking liquor to mix a drink. I figure if I'm gonna have a bunch of rum/jack/soco and cokes I don't need to add on a few hundred calories of soda with it.
    Stefan
    Height: 6'4 - Weight: 235 lbs - Age: 31
    DL: 530 x 1
    Squat: 355 x 1
    Bench: 350 x 1

Quote Originally Posted by 8.8 View Post
    diet pop obviously dosent have the calories like regular pop but there have been studies done that say that it make you crave sweets more so people who drink diet pop tend to eat more sweets
    Yeah, as opposed to drinking them.
    BRAINS.BEAUTY.BRAWN. www.brainsbeautybrawn.blogspot.com
    WILL SQUAT FOR FOOD.
    "It's not Science - it's RESULTS" - Built
    235 Dead Lift........Height: 5'7"
    125 Bench............Weight: 148 lbs
    200 Squat............Age: 33 yrs. old.
    ----------
    560 Total.............Gunning for 700 this year (while on a cut-and NOT using RESULTS)

i 2nd the coke zero cherry
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 190

Louisville's NE YMCA

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Yeah, as opposed to drinking them.
    Men's Health hosted a study (didn't CONDUCT the study, so don't go rolling your eyes just yet!) saying that there was a statistically significant correlation between diet soda consumption and fat gain. They didn't write WHY that was, but I assume it has to be either increase calorie consumption in lieu of the diet drink or the makeup of the soda somehow alters metabolic processes (insulin response or something?). Either way, I won't pretend to know what it said (it was only an excerpt, after all), but I present it to you as food for thought...
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer