The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wannabebig New Member

Your thoughts on the war?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the war.

My opinion is that the war (is it a war? it's more like an invasion) is not necessary and unwise. Could someone remind me of the reason why we invaded and are still occupying Afghanistan and Iraq....possibly soon Iran? If you are supportive of the war, I am curious to know why.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

There's a war going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    "Any man under 200lbs is a woman." -Matt Rhodes

This has been discussed at length before, and usually results in the thread being locked.

Although now I don't know if there are many people who still think what the US did was such a good idea.

Too bad they didn't listen to the 10% of us who said so before the invasion.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig New Member
    What I support in the war ...

It made the terrorists fight on our terms , not the world waiting for an attack to happen of the terrorists choosing . Yes they can still attack other places but it's harder for them and their recources are focused in Iraq .

We are keeping them on the run , it's hard for them to regroup and get stronger when they are constantly trying to survive .

Their network is being pressed and we are learning how they operate on a global and internet scale .

You may not like how and where the fight is but this fight (terrorists) is way past due . Bury your head in the sand all you want but it wasnt going away anytime soon . It was ignored by all for too long .

Some think that you can negotiate with terrorists and it will be better . The liberal way is appease and HOPE ... sorry that dont work .

There are things I dont like , but you can hear the pansies focus on that everyday .

If this war isnt won , it's because those in our government and our citizens arent committed to WINNING . You hear everyday about what we should do , I rarely hear a politician talk about "how we can win this war" .

Oh , the TS sounds like those I'm talking about . Move to Spain and appease the terrorists with them ... have fun .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Because when you leave a country in ruins, people like this take over:

And to clarify - if I new how about how politicized the war would be, the absence of WMD, and the ridiculous rules of engagement I would never have supported going in.

Brawl:

There was no connection between Iraq, Saddam, and terrorism attacks on the United States.

There was with the Taliban, and that fight is justified (although still illegal under the US Constitution).
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg View Post
    Brawl:

There was no connection between Iraq, Saddam, and terrorism attacks on the United States.

There was with the Taliban, and that fight is justified (although still illegal under the US Constitution).
    I never said there was a connection did I ? The WORLD gave Saddam 14 years of ultimatums , he gambled and lost . We know he had them , he used them , there is film of it , there are bodies from it . The fact that we didnt find them is irrelevant .

As far as the fight with the taliban ...it's not illegal , the libs would already be filing war crimes against the pres and every soldier they didnt spit on yet .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    The fallacious foreign policy of the American Empire has degenerated from simple foreign military adventurism to jingoistic, shockingly mindless, and alarmingly wasteful aggression on third world nations justified by outdated mercantile desires to control oil, fear mongering by an irresponsible media and corrupt government, and the ridiculous idea that America is 'improving' the lives of the nations it invades recklessly. Nevermind the fact that estimates of Iraqi casualties are now being put at well over 100,000, the cost of the war could be well over 1 trillion dollars (bore by a populous where only 30% even still support the war, and 100% were lied to by the powers in charge), and generations of foreigners (not just people from the mid east mind you) are learning new hatred for America.

Indeed, in democracy, people tend to get the government they deserve. While the government destroys the dollar through spending that is only inhibited by the imaginations of overly ambitious bureaucrats, the people are robbed through a frighteningly complex and incredibly inefficient system of taxation, and personal liberties are eroded constantly, the American people are complacent.

The Iraq War, like the Serbian Conflict, Vietnam War, and Korean War, is a huge waste. America should stick to keeping taxes low and ensuring a strong national DEFENSE.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nejar462 View Post

The Iraq War, like the Serbian Conflict, Vietnam War, and Korean War, is a huge waste. America should stick to keeping taxes low and ensuring a strong national DEFENSE.
    Agreed ...until then , lets kill our enemies , and start our own crusade against whiny , pansy libs and right wing nut jobs .

Quote Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
    I never said there was a connection did I ? The WORLD gave Saddam 14 years of ultimatums , he gambled and lost . We know he had them , he used them , there is film of it , there are bodies from it . The fact that we didnt find them is irrelevant .

As far as the fight with the taliban ...it's not illegal , the libs would already be filing war crimes against the pres and every soldier they didnt spit on yet .
    Your post referenced the 'war on terror'. Iraq has nothing to do with that, it had to do with deposing Saddam. Noble a goal or not, you were lied to in order to convince you it was OK, it wasn't, it created an Islamic state the US will now occupy for 100 years, ultimately to control the oil flow.

The Constitution is very clear on what has to happen and who has to do what when it comes to war, and the US government did not follow that law. This is not arguable.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

hmm, I like to be big!!!

It made the terrorists fight on our terms , not the world waiting for an attack to happen of the terrorists choosing . Yes they can still attack other places but it's harder for them and their recources are focused in Iraq .

We are keeping them on the run , it's hard for them to regroup and get stronger when they are constantly trying to survive .
    How is invading territory that is not American soil making terrorists fighting them on our terms? We're actually going closer to them, in an area where its easier to get weapons and support. The American involvement in the middle east encourages terrorism, so the Iraq War probably increased recruitment. The National Intelligence Council released a report indicating that Iraq is a breeding ground for terrorists. Additionally, the Iraq War has caused more damage to America than 9/11 did. More deaths and far more financial damage.

You may not like how and where the fight is but this fight (terrorists) is way past due . Bury your head in the sand all you want but it wasnt going away anytime soon . It was ignored by all for too long .

Indeed, Operation Ajax, the Iran Contra affair, and all of the other instances of America meddling in the middle east do make this fight way past due. Or maybe its the fact that America was the great enabler for Saddam Hussein and the Taliban, providing weapons and funding. Maybe instead of overthrowing democratically elected governments and arming dictators and fundamentalist psychoes who are bent on our destruction, we should just mind our own business.

Some think that you can negotiate with terrorists and it will be better . The liberal way is appease and HOPE ... sorry that dont work .
    Yes you're right. Talking to your enemies is crazy. Arming them, bombing them, and then aiding all of the people who suffer from the collateral effects of your arming and bombing is totally sane.

There are things I dont like , but you can hear the pansies focus on that everyday .
    Those small details like the genocide of the Iraqi people, the lying, the tremendous costs of the war, and the fact George Bush is using the war to enrich his friends at Haliburton and other large government contractors, are the things us 'pansies' are focusing on

If this war isnt won , it's because those in our government and our citizens arent committed to WINNING . You hear everyday about what we should do , I rarely hear a politician talk about "how we can win this war" .
    Any victory that could be achieved would be Pyrrhic. The terms of victory are ill defined, and ultimately, not very helpful to America.

Oh , the TS sounds like those I'm talking about . Move to Spain and appease the terrorists with them ... have fun .
    Yes this is rational. If your fellow citizen disagrees with you they should move to Spain. Maybe instead of trying to bomb every country on the earth into a democracy (except of course when it is not in the interest of large oil companies, like in operation Ajax), we should leave them alone and focus on all of the glaring domestic problems we have.

The strength of America will be always rest on the economy, not on pointless conflicts all over the earth which will never be able to be provide a benefit to the overburdened taxpayer.

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Their network is being pressed and we are learning how they operate on a global and internet scale .

uhhhhhh....in case you didn't know,....there were no terrorists in Iraq before the war. Also in case you didn't know...Bush acknowledges this.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

"A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

Ppl exaggerate in hindsight what they knew in foresight. Always keep that in mind.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

A few things about the Iraq war that can't really be argued with:

1. The war has put the US trillions in debt, which will take decades to pay off. This will mean trillions in tax payer's money being spent on interest and repayments rather than anything of actual value to Americans.

2. The war has killed far more people than 9/11.

3. Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11.

4. Saddam was armed by the US in the first place.

5. There are now more potential terrorists who hate America than before.

6. The main benefactors of the war are American contractors.

7. Iraq is now a much more dangerous, unstable place than before, and is ripe for Iranian influence.

8. The next time the US has to go to war, which is actually necessary, no-one will go along with them. It will be like the boy who cried wolf.

9. Since 9/11, Americans have lost many freedoms, yet are no more secure from terrorism.

10. The Iraq war, and George Bush's 2004 re-election, were both based on lies and propaganda, and millions of people fell for it.

Why doesn't the media talk about the war much anymore? Is it b/c both Hillary and Obama are weak on national defense and they desperately want a Democrat in the white house.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Is 15 Now...
    Hey. I think we need to be there. If we just let countries walk all over us, ppl will stat to doubt our nations strength. They hit our country and we have to strike back. After Clinton Im sure other countries already doubted us. The last thing we needed was Bush in office for 2 terms. Plus now that we have been there we can't just pull out, it would be to complicated. I dont think we need to try and stop the violence over there, its impossible, but we need to defend our country, even if that means war.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Im14SoWut View Post
    Hey. I think we need to be there. If we just let countries walk all over us, ppl will stat to doubt our nations strength. They hit our country and we have to strike back. After Clinton Im sure other countries already doubted us. The last thing we needed was Bush in office for 2 terms. Plus now that we have been there we can't just pull out, it would be to complicated. I dont think we need to try and stop the violence over there, its impossible, but we need to defend our country, even if that means war.

David
    Vague and ignorant (your statement, I am not attacking you). I am not a pacifist, but I am not a war junky. No one has "walked over us" in fact, it's quite the opposite. No one from Iraq "hit our country". The problem is, no president ever goes to Congress for a formal declaration of war. The presidents ever since Truman (korean war) post WWII have used the term "police action" whenever they decide to send troops abroad. If the president Bush had actually let Congress vote for a formal declaration of war, we would not be stuck in the ****y situation in Iraq. I agree with the military action against Afghanistan, but Iraq was a completely unjustified military endeavor. The US attacked a country on suspicion of weapons of mass destruction (I think, there have been so many bs reasons why)
    Last edited by TJ2389; 02-09-2008 at 08:56 AM.
    Not for self, but for others

Bench Press: 270 Squat: 250 Dead Lift: 365

The Journal

2/25/08 163
    5'11''

Quote Originally Posted by anelka View Post
    A few things about the Iraq war that can't really be argued with:

1. The war has put the US trillions in debt, which will take decades to pay off. This will mean trillions in tax payer's money being spent on interest and repayments rather than anything of actual value to Americans.

2. The war has killed far more people than 9/11.

3. Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11.

4. Saddam was armed by the US in the first place.

5. There are now more potential terrorists who hate America than before.

6. The main benefactors of the war are American contractors.

7. Iraq is now a much more dangerous, unstable place than before, and is ripe for Iranian influence.

8. The next time the US has to go to war, which is actually necessary, no-one will go along with them. It will be like the boy who cried wolf.

9. Since 9/11, Americans have lost many freedoms, yet are no more secure from terrorism.

10. The Iraq war, and George Bush's 2004 re-election, were both based on lies and propaganda, and millions of people fell for it.
    It is a sad day when our so-called conservative Republican President can make me agree with 9 out of 10 items posted by Aneika !!!.

LOL

I was thinking the same thing, but 10/10.

Socialists and Libertarians can unite in their distaste for the current Administration.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig New Member
    They dont look like they take many showers there either ... kill them , they smell .

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg View Post
    Brawl:

Really? I've heard that argument before a number of times, but no one has ever quite managed to tell me why it's illegal, since according to the constitution Congress does have the power to declare war and that war was authorized by Congress.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 02-10-2008 at 06:00 AM.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Song,

The war was, to the best of my knowledge, not approved by congress.

The resolution which was the legal basis for the war was approved by congress.

Additionally, the war would be illegal according to UN resolutions, which is ironic, because one of the justifications of the war was to ensure that Iraq was in compliance with UN weapons inspectors (the weapons inspectors regularly would have CIA operatives planted within them, which is one of the reasons Saddam did not trust them).

Quote Originally Posted by Songsangnim View Post
    Really? I've heard that argument before a number of times, but no one has ever quite managed to tell me why it's illegal, since according to the constitution Congress does have the power to declare war and that war was authorized by Congress.
    Congress did not declare war, congress told the President they thought it was OK to use force.

That's unconstitutional.

But why bother with those little details.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

I think the bottom line is the world's a ****ed up place.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by nejar462 View Post
    Song,

The war was, to the best of my knowledge, not approved by congress.

The resolution which was the legal basis for the war was approved by congress.

Additionally, the war would be illegal according to UN resolutions, which is ironic, because one of the justifications of the war was to ensure that Iraq was in compliance with UN weapons inspectors (the weapons inspectors regularly would have CIA operatives planted within them, which is one of the reasons Saddam did not trust them).

Umm.. I was talking about the war in Afghanistan, not Iraq