Thread: AtLarge based Liquid Diet

AtLarge based Liquid Diet

looking on information on composing a liquid diet from AtLarge products..

I'm trying to keep my protein at 250g a day, my fat at 50g, and my carbs I will need to cycle daily 150/100/50/100/50/100/150/.. I'm still working on how to cycle them, but it will have a daily variety..

I can have two solid meals a day, eggs in a falafel wrap for breakfast...for dinner animal based protein, w/ salad/veggies or veggies/rice. I need to cook for my wife and kids as it is..

For what it's worth I have two 5lb jugs of Nitrean, but I don't think that meets macros.. I figured I can add 1/4 cup of oats to each shake, and maybe some PB or Olive Oil (I take in 10g of fish oil a day, plus what I get from my meats - I eat a lot of beef). I'd also incorporate some flax seeds, or a fiber supplement..

The idea is to have my menu plan while at work easily available.. I need a pre/post meal since I lift during my lunch hour..

I can write out a diet, just need some ideas.. I sort of would like to buy what I need, and avoid the chemistry class every day, I love to cook just no time.. Something like what myoplex and muscle milk do.. Except I don't trust the quality of those products, AtLarge has done me right...
    Last edited by jamrock; 02-05-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Why do you want to do a liquid diet?
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Quote Originally Posted by deeder View Post
    Why do you want to do a liquid diet?
    Convenience, and curiosity. Why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    Convenience, and curiosity. Why do you ask?
    Because there are a lot of things to consider in an all liquid diet. Fiber and nutrients are two that come to my mind immediately.

Also, unless you're extremely dedicated it'll be very hard to stick with it.
    Last edited by deeder; 02-05-2008 at 01:49 PM.
    Full Powerlifting
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)

Quote Originally Posted by deeder View Post
    Because there are a lot of things to consider in an all liquid diet. Fiber and nutrients are two that come to my mind immediately.

Also, unless you're extremely dedicated it'll be very hard to stick with it.
    Well I included in my original post that I would be taking in fiber.. I'll also have a lot of salad and veggies at dinner time. I won't judge your dedication, if you don't judge mine.

I don't want to be a dick, but it seems like you're just reposting the usual crap that gets asked when someone asks something crazy like how to properly run a liquid diet...nobody told Chase anything a few years ago and he did that for well into a year..

Do you know anything I don't know about liquid diets? Because I'm also being product specific.. I would like to build something around AtLarge products..add minor things..

I think it looks solid. I actually do this all the time. Liquid when I'm at work solid nutrient rich food at home.

I like ground oats/protein blend (nitrean's perfect). I put them in baggies so I can have 5-6 shakes with me, rinse the shaker and repeat.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    Well I included in my original post that I would be taking in fiber.. I'll also have a lot of salad and veggies at dinner time. I won't judge your dedication, if you don't judge mine.

I don't want to be a dick, but it seems like you're just reposting the usual crap that gets asked when someone asks something crazy like how to properly run a liquid diet...nobody told Chase anything a few years ago and he did that for well into a year..

Do you know anything I don't know about liquid diets? Because I'm also being product specific.. I would like to build something around AtLarge products..add minor things..
    It was never my intent to offend you. And yes, I am spewing the usual stuff that people say when people ask crazy questions. I think there are some posts on here somewhere where Chase talks about all the supplements he was taking to stay healthy. Maybe that's something you should look for.

Chances are that I don't know more about liquid diets than you... I do know however that it's pretty rare that someone has a good reason for wanting to take such an extreme approach to dieting. If you just feel like being a bit of a science experiment then go for it but I'm just suggesting that you really figure things out well before you try somethig like that.
    Full Powerlifting

If you want to make it more convenient use a weight gainer instead of protein powder (AtLarge's Maximus or Opticen).

But they are called supplements for a reason... Its good that your eating a lot of veggies and such. I can see how it would be a good idea as im too lazy to cook chicken for my pasta for I just have a few scoops of nitrean... just to a further extent.

Its definitely not the "healthiest" approach to take. The meaning of healthy isnt "it wont cause harm" but "will it PROMOTE physical/mental well being". I know there havent been any real adverse affects from artificial sweeteners in nitrean (or anything else is there) but if it were to do anything to your body chances are it would do more harm than good. (not saying it does harm, but if it were to be either). By the definition of health, it isnt "healthy". You could say it does by lowering your sugar input but I digress...

Im partial on whether its a good idea or not but this is just some food for thought.

i have done this for a couple days when bulking to give my jaws a break from chewing and let all the junk move thru and make space, but never a wholly liquid diet. i do have half my intake from shakes, and half from food.

vitamins and minerals, some antioxidents, fiber u mentioned. i would advise using some other forms of protein than just the various concoctions of whey. use egg, casien, whole milk, and soy protein also. try not to get all ur carbs from malto dextrose. u said its not all liquid, so add in some fresh whole fruit somewhere during the day, and keep ur salad and veggies in like u said. keep some healthy fats in there, flax or olive or fishoil, or all 3 preferably.

really, if u do that i dont see a big problem. i think u might want to look into nutritional needs of vegans, (apperently there is a diff between vegan and vegetarian?) or the ones that will eat eggs and drink milk, but not eat any meat. those would be the same concerns u would need to address.

be interesting to see what u find out. would be good info to post up as a sticky or do an article on for others down the road.
    All Time 198 Squat Record of 1,050 pounds
    http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?...e=&category=tr

All Time 220 Squat Record of 1,100 pounds

** 1063 squat , 611 bench, and 733 deadlift for 2408 Total
    All Time 242 Squat Record of 1,108 pounds At 228)
    ** 1108 squat , 639 bench, and 700 deadlift for 2447 Total

What I Lack in Genetics, I Make Up For With Determination and Discipline

BCC used to do an all liquid diet with Atlarge products. Check out some of his old journals.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Tell me what you think, this is where I stand..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files