Thread: Got my AtLarge order. One or two quesitions for chris and others..

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Got my AtLarge order. One or two quesitions for chris and others..

Got my order! Thanks for the speedy shipping! Now a question or two..

Question 1: I was under the impression that the collective decided that loading Creatine was no longer necessary due to the body's ability to absorb only limited amounts at a time. Keeping that in mind, the container says that one serving, four times per day is required for seven days in a row to LOAD?! This a fact? Should I in fact load?

Question 2: When ingesting Creatine I normally would down it with a big glass of grape juice. With my current diet, the sugar/carbs from the grape juice would wreack havoc on my macros and results (especially if i have to load 4 time/day!). Is there another way to get it all absorbed without having to down an extra 200 grams of sugar a day!? The easiest for me would be to throw it in my protein shake. This acceptable? Thanks..

1. No need for a loading phase. I'm really not sure why ALN still has that on there...

2. I usually just throw my creatine in a shake. Don't worry about maximum absorption and all that jazz... You hit a point where your muscles are saturated and all you're doing is trying to keep them that way. At least that's my understanding.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Demons of Steel and Flesh HP666's Avatar
    I agree with Deeder on the shake. I used to have mine in my post workout shake. Now I'm using RESULTS and get my creatine with that.

Wannabebig Member
    please move this to the AtLarge Nutrition forum..

Thanks..