The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Soilwork addict.

Newbie looking to gain lean mass.. ..

Right now I work out 5 times a week, I isolate each of the major muscle groups when I work out. IE, I work out chest on Monday, back on Tuesday, shoulders on Wednesday, legs on Thursday, and arms on Friday. My ten rep max is 225 on bench and 275 on squats with no assistance or belt. I'm 5'10" and weigh 195. I do cardio 4-5 times week. My cardio consists of running about 2 miles as fast as I can(usually within 15 mins).

I dont really have too great of an idea of what I should be eating or what my calorie intake should be, I try to get around 80 grams of protein or more a day. I think I'm eating around 2000 calories a day right now. I just have no idea what I'm doing. I want to gain definition and lose weight while gaining some more strength. I want to have 10 % body fat and bench 315/squat405. What type of diet should I have, I'm in the dark here. Everything I eat is low in fat and high in protein. But it seems as I'm gaining about half a pound a week. I'd like to think its all muscle since I'm getting consistently stronger. I ussually eat all natural foods. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Last edited by 4g64fiero; 02-15-2008 at 05:02 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by 4g64fiero View Post
    Right now I work out 5 times a week, I isolate each of the major muscle groups when I work out. IE, I work out chest on Monday, back on Tuesday, shoulders on Wednesday, legs on Thursday, and arms on Friday. My ten rep max is 225 on bench and 275 on squats with no assistance or belt. I'm 5'10" and weigh 195. I do cardio 4-5 times week. My cardio consists of running about 2 miles as fast as I can(usually within 15 mins).

I dont really have too great of an idea of what I should be eating or what my calorie intake should be, I try to get around 80 grams of protein or more a day. I think I'm eating around 2000 calories a day right now. I just have no idea what I'm doing. I want to gain definition and lose weight while gaining some more strength. I want to have 10 % body fat and bench 315/squat405. What type of diet should I have, I'm in the dark here. Everything I eat is low in fat and high in protein. But it seems as I'm gaining about half a pound a week. I'd like to think its all muscle since I'm getting consistently stronger. I ussually eat all natural foods. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    you are the strongest newbie i have ever seen or heard of.

You need waaaaay more than 80 grams of protein a day. Shoot for 200.

I also really doubt you're eating 2000 calories a day at 195 and gaining weight, but I guess it could be possible. Start tracking calories on fitday.com to see how much you eat. If you gain weight after a couple weeks, keep cutting down on calories until you start to lose weight.

If you really are 10%, you might also have trouble losing fat and might have to carb cycle.

Also, don't go for all low fat foods. Fat is good. You need fat. Go for about 100 grams a day.

(Your minimum intake for proteins/fats should be 1g/lb and .5g/lb)

Also, make HIIT your cardio of choice. Just don't overdo it.

Read this on cardio: http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=292
    Last edited by Notorious; 02-16-2008 at 07:03 AM.

Soilwork addict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    You need waaaaay more than 80 grams of protein a day. Shoot for 200.

I also really doubt you're eating 2000 calories a day at 195 and gaining weight, but I guess it could be possible. Start tracking calories on fitday.com to see how much you eat. If you gain weight after a couple weeks, keep cutting down on calories until you start to lose weight.

If you really are 10%, you might also have trouble losing fat and might have to carb cycle.

Also, don't go for all low fat foods. Fat is good. You need fat. Go for about 100 grams a day.

(Your minimum intake for proteins/fats should be 1g/lb and .5g/lb)

Also, make HIIT your cardio of choice. Just don't overdo it.

Read this on cardio:
    I'm not at 10% BF yet, probably around 16%. I'm tracking my calories now, I eat more than 2000 calories on the weekends, probably about 3500. I'll definitely read that article before I post anymore though.

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormTheBeach View Post
    I think I am just going to start posting dick pictures on here until this thread gets deleted.
    18% BF down from 25%+ since April. Halfway to abs.

Current 1200+ gym total. 214 lbs 5'10.5" 36.5" waist.

Working on correcting some imbalances at the moment.