The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Baby Got Back Results???

Does anyone have any results they can share with me before I start this program? I am looking to put on about 25-30lb in the next 8 months and I was wondering if this was possible with this routine. So any before and after stats or before and after pics would help. Thank you.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Putting on mass is a function of diet, not routine. So yes, it is definitely possible to put on that much weight if you eat enough.

Banned
    Gaining weight depends entirely on diet. Pretty much any routine that hits the major muscle groups will work if you eat enough. On that note, look at built's pictures.....she's the author of BGB and you will probably be impressed.

I was on this routine when I first began last year. I loved it so much I have since come back to it. I attribute my gains to newbie gains, but from withing 6 months of finding this site I went from 125 to 169...These pics were done doing BGB along with the most intense dirty bulk ever...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by minime_moomey View Post
    I was on this routine when I first began last year. I loved it so much I have since come back to it. I attribute my gains to newbie gains, but from withing 6 months of finding this site I went from 125 to 169...These pics were done doing BGB along with the most intense dirty bulk ever...
    WOW, Those are some great gains. Thats kind of what I'm looking for to happen but I'm never that lucky.

You could do any routine in the gym that's halfway decent and with a great diet you'll have great results. It's really not that complicated.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    You could do any routine in the gym that's halfway decent and with a great diet you'll have great results. It's really not that complicated.
    Quoted for truth! That is what took me the longest thing to learn. Im still trying to dial in on diet...

Blacksmith: Trust me, you could have results every bit of that good or better, no question, you just have to be willing to work for it. Bulking isnt nearly as easy as you would think. Depending on your overall goals, you are going to get a ton of different opinions about "clean" vs "dirty" bulking, routines, and everything else. Personally, I dirty bulked for the better part of eight months. If that is the path you are thinking, I would reccomend eating everything in site. Search the diet and nutrition section for threads on weight-gain shakes...Whenever you think you are eating a lot, you arent. Eat more. To give you an idea what I mean, track your food intake on fitday.com You will see what I mean. I honestly would cram myself so full that I couldnt move and then eat a jar of baby food just for the extra calories...However, if you choose to dirty bulk, there will be an extensive amount of cutting to do afterwards, but that really isnt so bad. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you have any questions and I will see what I can do for ya! Stick with BGB and HUGE quantities of food and you will reach your goals!

Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    Check the before/afters in my sig. I was doing BGB nearly the entire time.
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Steady View Post
    Check the before/afters in my sig. I was doing BGB nearly the entire time.
    You have any suggestions for what would be the best exercises to choose out of the ones that are listed for the routine?

Pre-BGB using a generic workout for 1 year I went from 175lbs to 195lbs. After using the BGB routine for 1 year, before a freak accident, I blew up to 225lbs. On top of that, i've gained on all my lifts. I love the BGB routine!
    5'10" 196lbs as of 6/10/11
    Best lifts B 365/ S 425/ DL 545/ OHP 200
    Goals: B 385+ S 450+ DL 600+ OHP 225+
    Progression Pics->http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122375
    Journal with vids/pics http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...07#post2364507

Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    You have any suggestions for what would be the best exercises to choose out of the ones that are listed for the routine?
    In general I use very few machines and try to pick movements that allow me to move the most weight. Deadlifts, squats, DB bench, chin-ups, SLDLs, bent over rows, military press, weighted dips....

Also, I only hit biceps once a week directly and triceps once a week directly. They get hit plenty from the other movements.
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8