Thread: Metal IPF King gear

Hybrid View

Metal IPF King gear

elitef itness systems has the new line up of Metal PL gear: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...lt.asp?cid=203
    im considering one of the single ply shirts either the Metal King Presser, Metal King X-Type Bencher or Metal King Bencher. anyone have exp. with Metal shirts? how are they compared to the titan f6?

Quote Originally Posted by jtteg_x View Post
    elitef itness systems has the new line up of Metal PL gear: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...lt.asp?cid=203
    im considering one of the single ply shirts either the Metal King Presser, Metal King X-Type Bencher or Metal King Bencher. anyone have exp. with Metal shirts? how are they compared to the titan f6?

Definitely!

I would love to read some responses to this thread.
    I currently use a FURY and would love to know how a Metal compares in size and most of all PERFORMANCE to the Titan shirts!

my friend just got the squatter, he's had 2 sessions in it and loves the material.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Metal is the best equipment there is. The king line is absolutely sick! It is the thickest, stiffest poly material I've ever seen. I've done one session in my King bencher and I'm doing my first squat in my King squatter this weekend.

I had trouble touching 295lbs to a 3 board (I could bring that to a 1 board in my viking shirt which was a size smaller!!!)
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Quote Originally Posted by deeder View Post
    Metal is the best equipment there is. The king line is absolutely sick! It is the thickest, stiffest poly material I've ever seen. I've done one session in my King bencher and I'm doing my first squat in my King squatter this weekend.

I had trouble touching 295lbs to a 3 board (I could bring that to a 1 board in my viking shirt which was a size smaller!!!)
    yeah, my friend had the viking squatter and was used to it. we were doing reverse light band squats and he was squatting in the suit bottoms and a pair of single ply briefs, he was squatting like a foot high with 585.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

i asked elitefts and there response was:
    King Bencher - arms are normal in this shirt, much like every other bench shirt.
    X-Type - arms are straight out in front of the shirt.
    King Presser - arms are between the two styles above.

deeder, on your king bencher, do the arms push outward a lot? how well does it fit your bar placement (index on rings?)

Quote Originally Posted by jtteg_x View Post
    i asked elitefts and there response was:
    King Bencher - arms are normal in this shirt, much like every other bench shirt.
    X-Type - arms are straight out in front of the shirt.
    King Presser - arms are between the two styles above.

deeder, on your king bencher, do the arms push outward a lot? how well does it fit your bar placement (index on rings?)
    I don't know what you mean by push outward a lot. The sleeves are sowed in such a way that they are already 'torqued' so you get a lot of help right to the top. I have the king bencher and I find it pretty easy to get my hands in place but getting my shoulders tucked sucks.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

if u take a closer look at the x-type bencher, you can see the arms are pointing straight out like a zombie (which i assume is great for closer grip benchers). this is how my 2-ply f6 is and i hate it:

the king presser has the sleeves pointing outward more where it looks like a "V"

and finally, the king bencher is in-between:

I bench with index finger on rings and the king presser appears to be easier to touch but at the same time, im thinking the x-type will offer maximal support throughout the entire lift from the way its cut.