Thread: Crossfit?

Crossfit?

What would you all suggest as far as adding crossfit training while I am currently doing the wbb1.1 routine? Crossfit to me is a hell of a lot more draining that straight weight lifting. I want to keep putting on muscle size but at the same time keep the bodyfat % down and keep my agility and speed up for soccer.

Banned
    i dont rly think u could do crossfit at the same time as WBB its a tough workout by itself just my .02 $

Will crossfit training exercises still allow me to build muscle mass then? I like doing the crossfit training because I believe its a much better workout than just lifting. That just my opinion so don't flame me for saying that.

You can add muscle following crossfit if you eat enough. Do more reading.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

If you are doing crossfit remember it is not a "muscle building" program. you will get strong and fit. If it was a muscle building program they'd call it Crossbodybuilding.
    I throw some of the "girl named" workouts in now and again to break up my routines and add variety.

I bet half the people on this site couldn't even do a complete "Nasty girl" workout!

I will do some reading. I think I will just toss in some crossfit stuff every once in awhile to give me some variety to my workout and also help me stay in shape.

Banned
    if u wanna stay in shape run. bro crossfit is a wrokout by itself. u cant do both

Just Crossfit. I've been lifting for 20 years, and I started Crossfitting about 18 months ago and love it. I'm in the best shape of my life and getting stronger. Just my $.02.
    Many on the boards at crossfit are doing "cycles" of Starting Strength for a few weeks (4-8) and then coming back to strict crossfit. Seems like you might want to try that. I'm already as big and strong as I need/want to be, now I just want to be faster, more agile, more flexible, and just as strong. Crossfit will do that.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

Quote Originally Posted by Dan152 View Post
    if u wanna stay in shape run. bro crossfit is a wrokout by itself. u cant do both
    I already run an assload for college soccer. Just running doesn't do it for me though. I threw in some crossfit exercises with the wbb1.1 routine today and by no means was it easy, but I loved the variety and the way I felt when I was done. I am going to keep trying this and if it works out great and if it doesn't you can tell me you told me so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan152 View Post
    I do..

Anthony, a member of this board, trains CF and he is a tank, so are many mannny people that train it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    I agree with McVein

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    I already run an assload for college soccer. Just running doesn't do it for me though. I threw in some crossfit exercises with the wbb1.1 routine today and by no means was it easy, but I loved the variety and the way I felt when I was done. I am going to keep trying this and if it works out great and if it doesn't you can tell me you told me so.
    Maybe do them on seperate days, like 2 cf wods a week, or a girl every weekend or someting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    I agree with McVein

lol at a girl every weekend

crossfit has been something percolating in my mind for awhile now

I think you could make it work with the idea of mass and strength gains

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McVein View Post
    I do..

Anthony, a member of this board, trains CF and he is a tank, so are many mannny people that train it.
    im not saying its not. i wanna do it to. but i said i dont think he could do it aat the same time as WBB 1.1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar669 View Post
    Just Crossfit. I've been lifting for 20 years, and I started Crossfitting about 18 months ago and love it. I'm in the best shape of my life and getting stronger. Just my $.02.
    Many on the boards at crossfit are doing "cycles" of Starting Strength for a few weeks (4-8) and then coming back to strict crossfit. Seems like you might want to try that. I'm already as big and strong as I need/want to be, now I just want to be faster, more agile, more flexible, and just as strong. Crossfit will do that.
    do you follow the workout of the day?