The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

What should I do for my legs?

I get hip pain all the time. It's very small but nagging.
    I know working through an injury is stupid. I've seen a physio about it and he gave me two stretches to do, this helped greatly, but the nagging pain is still always there.
    Sometimes I can squat without pain, with a wide stance and ATG. The physio cleared me for squating but only with a very narrow stance and 1/4 of the way down. If anything this style of squating hurts the most.
    Deadlifts never give me any pain however.
    Since this is a hip problem switching to leg presses isn't going to do anything.
    What should I do?
    Maybe I should ask my doc for surgery, do you think I will be able to squat if I got some surgery on this?
    Maybe there is some other stretches I can do, or maybe some exercises, like how I fixed my shoulder pain just by doing the lying L-Fly. I tried some from a book by Pavel Tsatsoline, but they just made it worse.
    Damn this really pisses me off as squats are one of my favourite lifts
    Last edited by patricky; 02-25-2008 at 10:10 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Narrow stance should put less stress on the hips. Doing 1/4 squats is just silly. Is it muscular?

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    try turning ur toes out a bit, this will relase some of the stress on ur IT band which is a common problem with alot of people and see if that helps
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Yeah putting my feet out gives me no hip pain. But the physio recommended keeping them forward.

Rest for a few weeks then start off light and build from there... dont keep training on an injury.
    Train,train hard.Eat,eat lots and sleep even more.

I know but the problem is I've had this hip problem for years. It's so mild, but there none the less. The doctor said it's fine, but referred me to a physio none the less and he gave me that advice to squat narrow and 1/4 of the way down.
    Hell I even saw a chiropractor about it, he said I couldn't do squats, but he also didn't know how to fix my shoulders, I had to figure that one out myself, lol.
    I've never had an X-ray, CAT scan or
    MRI done on them before. Maybe next doctors appointment I should ask him for one.
    Last edited by patricky; 02-26-2008 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patricky View Post
    I know but the problem is I've had this hip problem for years. It's so mild, but there none the less. The doctor said it's fine, but refered me to a physio none the less and he gave me that advice to squat narrow and 1/4 of the way down.
    Hell I even saw a chiropractor about it, he said I couldn't do squats, but he also didn't know how to fix my shoulders, I had to figure that one out myself, lol.
    I've never had an X-ray, CAT scan or
    MRI done on them before. Maybe next doctors appointment I should ask him for one.

In this case I would request an MRI scan, easy for me 2 say i work in a hospital lol! Tissue damage will show up better on ann mri
    Train,train hard.Eat,eat lots and sleep even more.

Deep tissue massage.

ITB especially.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Deep tissue massage.

ITB especially.
    I agree. Expensive, but a few visits to a competent massage therapist might do more for you than everything you've done up to now.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Deep tissue massage.

ITB especially.
    This. I finally got one a couple of weeks and it was AWESOME. I felt taller afterwards haha

Anyone suggesting you do quarter squats doesn't understand the exercise, apparently. That would be bad for your knees.