Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What makes a man big?

How big is a "big" man?

Saw some talk on another thread and was curious to see what ya'll think.

My friends say that I'm a big guy, but I feel pretty small at 6'7", 235. Yeah I'm tall, but I don't feel big. I would like to be 275. That would be big...ger...

What is big?
    Last edited by mickyjune26; 02-29-2008 at 04:13 PM.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

At 6'3"-6'4" steve nash would be one of the biggest people in any room he entered, but since you always see him with other NBA players on TV he looks small.

At 6'7" you must always be one of the biggest people in the room wherever you are.

This is very subjective, but there are general outlines you can set.

I'd say 5'0-5'5 you'd have to be about 170-180 pounds to be big, 5'6 - 5'10 you would need to carry around 190-230 to be considered big and anything over 6'0 you'd need to be over 230 to be considered big.

This too is assuming you have a decent amount of muscle mass and your not just a marshmallow.

Thats what I consider big anyhow.

At 6'7 you'd probably have to carry nearly 300 pounds to be big. You can carry an ridiculous amount of weight with all that height.

Quote Originally Posted by Bupp View Post
    At 6'3"-6'4" steve nash would be one of the biggest people in any room he entered, but since you always see him with other NBA players on TV he looks small.
    Dude, I didn't know Steve Nash was that tall. He DOES look really short, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post
    At 6'7 you'd probably have to carry nearly 300 pounds to be big. You can carry an ridiculous amount of weight with all that height.
    ...and I'll be able to eat whatever I want! Man, at 300, my cal requirements would be around 5500 - 6000. Def would do shakes in that case.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

You have no idea how I'd love to be able to each that much, it'd be easy like sunday morning for me.

Your attitude. I've seen men small in stature seem gigantor.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Likes to lick windows bigred1974's Avatar
    my nickname is "Big Bill". Im 6-6 or 6-7 and 291 lbs. People swear Im 250 lbs by looking. Being big also has how you carry yourself. Head up shoulders back and walk tall regardless if your 5-1 or 7-11. big is a state of mind as well
    6-6 288 lbs 33 yo 20 % bodyfat

Don't you ****ing dare, woman. He needs to keep batting for the pink team so he can keep dispensing fashion advice and such. If you cure him, he turns into a regular color blind tard-ass tripod-Viking-- this was regarding TwiloMike. RIP guy.

Im gona have to start wearing wrist wraps just to wipe lol- Hatred

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    I would also love to be 6'7 and carry 300lbs..........I'd love to be able to eat 6k calories a day........screw shakes I would just eat big mac's all day and be in heaven!

But anyways, I think at your incredible height 300lbs at a relatively lean bf% (like around 10%) would make you huge.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

One of the biggest men ive ever met was a guy i worked for about a year an a half ago. he was 4'11 maybe 110. badass giant of a man
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

i bet all you guys wishing you could eat 6K cals a day wouldn't be very happy doing that longer than a month or so. that is a lot of cals if you're keeping it clean.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Likes to lick windows bigred1974's Avatar
    I have to be pretty careful,if I eat ****ty, I gain weight like a pregnant woman
    6-6 288 lbs 33 yo 20 % bodyfat

Don't you ****ing dare, woman. He needs to keep batting for the pink team so he can keep dispensing fashion advice and such. If you cure him, he turns into a regular color blind tard-ass tripod-Viking-- this was regarding TwiloMike. RIP guy.

Im gona have to start wearing wrist wraps just to wipe lol- Hatred

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RBB View Post
    i bet all you guys wishing you could eat 6K cals a day wouldn't be very happy doing that longer than a month or so. that is a lot of cals if you're keeping it clean.
    Thats why I love Mcdonalds double cheeseburgers....I don't care who you are, if you have trouble gaining weight go buy a couple of those for 5 bucks and you'll be good to go. 25g of protein in each.....yea its really bad for you but it tastes good and is very calorie dense.
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 02-29-2008 at 04:40 PM.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

FIRST of all. Steve Nash is listed at 6'3''. Maybe 6'4''. I've seen him in real life at a game and there is no way he's that tall. 6'1'' or 6'2'' tops.

I think big is basically being able to properly fill in a shirt for your height. Say your 5'11'' and you wear a large for length but you're skinny and it hangs all over. Not big.

6'3'' and you wear a XL and you fill it out. That's big.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

Having seen steve nash in person he is the same height as me and I am somewhere between 6'3-6'4.

Big is 6ft+ 225+ at a low bf IMO.

The Planet of Water and Iron, Galveston TX
    My soon to be ex-husband is 6'5 and around 240. He's a lean, mean taekwondo machine. He's built to carry low bodyfat tho, its genetics. He doesnt lift, I wish he would.

Part of the appeal is long legs and slinky hips, as long as you keep a small waist I think 300 would be awesome. If you get a belly, youre going to look gigantic.
    Stay calm and aggressive. -Gabby Reece

Question: What makes a man big?

Answer: A 20" neck.

Is 15 Now...
    Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post

This too is assuming you have a decent amount of muscle mass and your not just a marshmallow.

Hey now. Don't hate on us linemen here. I have decent muscle mass for my age, atleast in my opinion, and you gotta remember that you can't tell how bad someone ls by seein them. People think I look like a puss but I can curl and squat more then anyone on our team. I'm right behind J Rich on a couple things and then I'm flat out our strongest person, all opinions aside, I've proved it enough. But when you look at me I look just fat and lazy. I lift, I run, And I'm pretty bad compared to most of my people around me. Wow I got off subject there. I just meant to say that I think big is when your arms don't look right and u can stand on ur tiptoes and make ur calves look like they on the ocean from all the waves, dips, and bulges.

I was watching Celebrity Apprentice last night, and they made Trace Adkins pose shirtless.

That Mfer is HUGE. Not only is he 6'6, but he's BIG and probably 10% bodyfat or less. I was shocked. He's gotta weigh 260.

LOL..it made me think I should post the "how to get the Trace Adkins physique" hread.
    Last edited by Patz; 02-29-2008 at 07:11 PM.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

I definitely agree on the 20" neck = big as hell.

Some people are just BIG with baseball mitts for hands and waterskiis for feet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd View Post
    I was watching Celebrity Apprentice last night, and they made Trace Adkins pose shirtless.

That Mfer is HUGE. Not only is he 6'6, but he's BIG and probably 10% bodyfat or less. I was shocked. He's gotta weigh 260.

LOL..it made me think I should post the "how to get the Trace Adkins physique" hread.
    I love that show, but 10%? I would have guessed more around 16 plus, he had a little belly on him. None the less, great shape for his age.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

I dunno. My brother, who is 6'4 195, is not big. My neighbour that I'm friends with that plays professional football is probably 6'3 250, and he's big.

The appearance of big for me is all through the traps/shoulders/neck
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    I love that show, but 10%? I would have guessed more around 16 plus, he had a little belly on him. None the less, great shape for his age.
    lol..maybe I didn't see it that well, but it looked like his abs were clearly visible. He had a real wide torso, cause at first I thought he was a little chubby and wondered how they were gonna make that work in the pics. But unless I totally missed something, he was pretty damned lean. Either way, he's a big guy.

5/3/1 Journal

Quote of the show was "you want me to take my shirt off WITH THOSE TWO DUDES!? COME ON MAN!"

5/3/1 Journal