The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Powerlifter/Bodybuilder

For the powerlifters...

I just started getting into powerlifting over the past 2 months, a teacher at my school talked 2 me about entering a school PL meet a month ago, and I won my class and then went to States just yesterday, where I won again.

And I've only been training PL style for about 2 months, and been in 2 comps, and boy I loved it!! I really wanna do more with PLing, and I think I have some potential for it, I really have a new fire and drive to work harder in the gym.

So here are my questions

1) what are some of the better organizations to compete in, preferably the natural organizations

2) what type of training for PLing is more beneficial, when trying to gain strength. If you guys have any sites that have a basic format of what's good then I'd appreciate it, or if anyone could write me out a basic, I've heard of westside, drsquat and things of that nature, but I never really found workouts, just things like box squats, and benching with chains. I'm looking more for a workout to follow, what set range, and what rep range, a split, how often to go heavy on Squats and Deads. Are there any routines that are good for strength that you guys know of?

I'm hoping you guys can help!
    It takes TIME + PATIENCE to make gains.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

bone crusher
    sorry i cant help but i think you'l kick ass if your already doing this well!@

A lot of people here have had success with the Westside training program.

Adam wrote this article, check it out:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=46

Powerlifter/Bodybuilder
    The Doc, LOL thanks man, I've improved a lot.

Syntekz, thanks for the link, I read over it and took some notes on it, I think I'll start following that routine when I get back from Spring Break, I'll probably train how I want for the next 3 weeks, and take down some stats and then write down some goals that I want to achieve. The Westside routine looks awesome. My friend said he might be able to train with them, don't know if it's BS or not, but I told him to get my ass in there!!

bone crusher
    t + p, probably best to just pick on of the programs like adam's and go with it, you can experiment and tweak it a bit to get the best results for you!

For general info, read the articles at deepsquatter.com

for westside info, read everything at elitefts.com
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    What are your lifts at where you can win the States? How heavy are you and stuff?
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    YO T+P over from MM?

nejar and latman are a couple of resident powerlifters here

Hey Time, Didn't see you for a while.
    There are alot of good organizations to lift in. I lift in CPU (canadian powerlifting union) which is a affiliate of IPF. Its a drugtested org. and your only allowed single ply poly gear.
    Usapl is another affiliate of IPF i believe. Latty will be doing a contest in that fed.
    If you want to go into feds with double ply gear then you could go IPA or i think APF.
    Best thing is find the meets near your area and pic the organization you like the most
    As for routines Im doing westside and getting awesoem gains from it, its a really fun system too. latty,paul,shreder,flex2000,ballast and i think nejar are doing westside right now. Fangel was befor and he made great gains on it.

If your freind gets into westside to train that would be cool! Its only balls to the wall workouts there, no messin around.

If you have any more questions post them or PM me.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Powerlifter/Bodybuilder
    Nejar, I sent you a PM, reply back, and I'll give you some stats, tell me what weightclass stats you would want, I'll just talk to you in a PM alright.

Accipter, yea this is the T+P from mm.com. I decided to jump back on this site again. I've been real busy, so I faded out. I'm a teen mod there.

And I am pretty sure I am going to follow the Westside routine, I'll see how I gain off that, and I'll try to tweak things here and there to see what I gain best off of, like The Doc said.

Thanks for the help fellows, I'll inform you guys of my progress on Westside.

Any guys have any results they got off of Westside's routine?

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    I did a modified version of it for 13 weeks and didn't use any chains, bands, reverse hypers or glute/ham raises and still gained over 100 lbs on my total. I hadn't been gaining anything before that. Then I took a two month break from Westside and now I am back full force, with a much better plan. Also including bands and reverse hypers this time and maybe chains in the future.

Good luck with it.

Westsssiiiiiiidddddeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Yeah lately my training's been sucking, maybe trying to get ready for a state competition will be enough to get me motivated again. I've been using westside lately but i had to cut out a few days cause of work/car racing/school (I don't have a liscense but im part of an amateur group of guys who mod cars) I'm starting to get back into focus already, I SWEAR IM GOING TO TRAIN ULTRA HARD, and go to the states next year. So, basically what org can i run in, no steroids, no equipment is what i prefer.

hmm, you can aim me at nejar462 if you want to talk there.
    Last edited by nejar462; 03-17-2002 at 07:30 PM.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."