The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 283
  1. #226
    mrelwooddowd Patz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BFE, KY
    Posts
    9,769
    Harvard can surely do as they please...

    But, if they had banned blacks from the gym for a certain period for some reason, there wouldn't be a person on this forum crying "it's a private institution!" All hell would break loose...

    Al and Jesse would be out there, doing their dance and looking for a piece of highly educated ass to take home later. An apology would ensue, and someone might be fired. The story would be re-run on the year in review, and everyone would feel good inside about how they stood up for the blacks.

    If whites were banned for some reason, only the whites would care and nothing would be done about it. Black people would say we already have everything, including all their rights and privileges and acres and mules, and it would stop making the news after a day. Once again, we'd give an inch to some special interest group, all the while being perfectly incapable of having our own special interest group.

    Obviously this isn't a racial thing...this time. Anyone can be Muslim if they so choose. What bothers me is, they're giving special rights to one religion over another. I don't see gyms banning cussing, because some religions think it's s sin to cuss...or banning spandex on women over 200lbs (surely that's a sin).

    If those women are uncomfortable and this makes them feel better..then more power to them. I'm happy they could get some exercise without me (me being whoever they think cares) wondering what was under their wrap. But, they better not come to my YMCA..lol..I'd be picketing that **** in a heartbeat.
    _________________________

    5/3/1 Journal


    http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

  2. #227
    Senior Member meltedtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by shazoo123 View Post
    Islam is very misogynistic/chauvinistic? or the CULTURE surrounds Islam is misogynistic/chauvinistic. You don't even know what your talking about. Its like asking a Jewish person to speak on behalf of the Muslim faith at a Islam convention. See, thats the problem, there is such a gap between the western understanding of the religion of Islam and true ideals of the religion. Where the average american seems to carry the perception from the Media, which is obviously wrong (but we won't get into that right now), they don't understand what truly is clashing between both the Western World and Islam. Islam constitutes 1/5 of the population of the world, and is the fastest growing religion in the world. But hey, I'm not going to blame only Westerners, because this clash is two-sided. Imagine what many of the Muslims in Syria, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Africa, Pakistan, China, India, and Europe itself think of the other side. Read some books or something.

    It was foolish of me to even assume that people wanting to stay well-versed on the topics of diet and nutrition would also divulge this interest into every other aspect of life, yet this thread clearly signifies the invalidity of my assumption. Although some of the people on here seem knowledgeable and have some sort of compassion, the rest of them are just meat heads.
    Compassion? WTF are you talking about? Tolerance and acceptance of others religous beliefs is not compassion. Compassion is trying to lift the blinders from their eyes and expose them to the truths of the world around them.

    Dude, having a solid understanding of anthropology/history will help you out more than anything in openening your eyes to what "Islam really is". It is a relatively primitive religion with very misogynistic tenents granting male control of the female. How many men are stoned to death by groups of women under sharia law? How many tenents of the Koran involve control of women? The culture you speak of is ingrained in the religion.

    You can speak of moderates, exceptions, fundamentalists, etc. etc. all you want. It will not change the fact that control of women sits at the heart of "Islam". Of course change is occuring. Through education. However, it is slow and not widespread. You speak of how quickly Islam is growing? Look at where it is gaining strength. It's not amongst the well educated of the world.

    Believe it or not, there are a few educated meatheads on this site, jackass.
    Last edited by meltedtime; 03-11-2008 at 12:02 PM.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

    There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

  3. #228
    Who is John Galt? CrazyK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meltedtime View Post
    Compassion? WTF are you talking about? Tolerance and acceptance of others religous beliefs is not compassion. Compassion is trying to lift the blinders from their eyes and expose them to the truths of the world around them.

    Dude, having a solid understanding of anthropology/history will help you out more than anything in openening your eyes to what "Islam really is". It is a relatively primitive religion with very misogynistic tenents granting male control of the female. How many men are stoned to death by groups of women under sharia law? How many tenents of the Koran involve control of women? The culture you speak of is ingrained in the religion.

    You can speak of moderates, exceptions, fundamentalists, etc. etc. all you want. It will not change the fact that control of women sits at the heart of "Islam". Of course change is occuring. Through education. However, it is slow and not widespread. You speak of how quickly Islam is growing? Look at where it is gaining strength. It's not amongst the well educated of the world.

    Believe it or not, there are a few educated meatheads on this site, jackass.
    Ignorance...Islam gave woman inheritence rights, custody rights, first term abortion rights, suffrage, divorce rights(Catholic Church still bans this), domestic violence rights, and even a say in court. This all the while the woman in Europe and the west had NONE of the above, and were being burned at the stake for "witchcraft".

    The stoning of a human being was prescribed to both men and woman for the act of adultery. You say "how often do you see men getting stoned to death?", my retort is how often do you see anyone get stoned to death? This punishment is only applied in two countries in the world, and it has happened extremely rarely. Iranian officials account for 2 stonings since they applied Sharia law.

    You should read the Quran before putting on a show like you're an expert. It's pathetic how obvious it is you haven't read it.
    Last edited by CrazyK; 03-11-2008 at 10:29 PM.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

    "A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

  4. #229
    Who is John Galt? CrazyK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meltedtime View Post
    Believe it or not, there are a few educated meatheads on this site, jackass.
    And you're obviously not one of them.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

    "A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

  5. #230
    Look ma, I deadlifted. el_Mariachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    High desert
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
    Ignorance...Islam gave woman inheritence rights, custody rights, first term abortion rights, suffrage, divorce rights(Catholic Church still bans this), domestic violence rights, and even a say in court.
    You believe woman are better off, or more free, or however you'd put it, in the Middle East under Islam than they are here in the West?

  6. #231
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
    And you're obviously not one of them.
    Finally. Thanks Crazy K for chiming in and adding some true intellect into the conversation. It was very obvious after his statement that he hadn't read the Quran......some history/anthropology degree....if you read about Islamic history, you would only realize how the modern world was formed
    Last edited by shazoo123; 03-11-2008 at 03:05 PM.

  7. #232
    Likes to lick windows bigred1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    minneapolis mn
    Posts
    20
    most of what you see on tv where Ill guess 99% get there info from is by religous nutbags. guess what all religions have splinter sects who are complete whack jobs. Muslim terrorist, christian branch davidians,some jews in israel bent on wiping out palestinians, mormons knocking up their 14 yo sister and getting married just as an example. Religion in my eyes is kind of a sham. all preach peace, all fight wars, all think they are better than the other. I liken organized religion to football, what team do you want to root for?

    I agree with the fact if you dont like it, dont work out there
    Last edited by bigred1974; 03-11-2008 at 03:35 PM.
    6-6 288 lbs 33 yo 20 % bodyfat



    Don't you ****ing dare, woman. He needs to keep batting for the pink team so he can keep dispensing fashion advice and such. If you cure him, he turns into a regular color blind tard-ass tripod-Viking-- this was regarding TwiloMike. RIP guy.

    Im gona have to start wearing wrist wraps just to wipe lol- Hatred

  8. #233
    天龙 McIrish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Deep in the night
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred1974 View Post
    I liken organized religion to football, what team do you want to root for?
    Well, since we're on a weightlifting forum, I'll throw in my $0.02 and analogy... it's not like a football team, it's like a bodybuilding program. You're going to do Westside, I'm going to do Baby Got Back, someone else will do 20 sets of curls and superset that with 82 sets of bench and then do abs until he can't stand up straight. What are we all after? The elusive Grecian statue look (well, obviously, we're not all after that, but it makes my example a lot better ).

    Everyone wants the same things - happiness, understanding, making some sense of a chaotic and confusing world. We just have different ways of going about it... and yes, there are going to be some nutso's out there cut from every cloth (you put out quite a few good examples of them - does it mean that all Christians/Muslims/Mormons are nuts? Heck no. Some are, most aren't, voila no debate).
    25 years old, 5'10''

    Back in the States to get hayooooge!

    Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

  9. #234
    Senior Member Doobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
    Ignorance...Islam gave woman inheritence rights, custody rights, first term abortion rights, suffrage, divorce rights(Catholic Church still bans this), domestic violence rights, and even a say in court. This all the while the woman in Europe and the west had NONE of the above, and were being burned at the stake for "witchcraft".


    The stoning of a human being was prescribed to both men and woman for the act of adultery. You say "how often do you see men getting stoned to death?", my retort is how often do you see anyone get stoned to death? This punishment is only applied in two countries in the world, and it has happened extremely rarely. Iranian officials account for 2 stonings since they applied Sharia law. This all the while the woman in Europe and the west had NONE of the above, and were being burned at the stake for "witchcraft".

    You should read the Quran before putting on a show like you're an expert. It's pathetic how obvious it is you haven't read it.
    I haven't read it either, but a quick google search returns this:

    [4.34] Men are the maintainers of women for that Allah has
    preferred in bounty one of them over another, and for that
    they have spent of their wealth. Righteous women are
    obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah has guarded.
    Those from whom you fear rebelliousness, admonish them and
    desert them in the bed and smack them (without harshness).
    Then, if they obey you, do not look for any way against them.
    Allah is High, Great.

    Which, in response to this:
    Islam is very misogynistic/chauvinistic? or the CULTURE surrounds Islam is misogynistic/chauvinistic.
    the above passage is clearly misogynistic. If the book of the religion has those kinds of passages, then it stands to reason that the religion itself is also misogynistic.

    But for the record I think all religions are equally stupid.

  10. #235
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Doobs View Post
    I haven't read it either, but a quick google search returns this:

    [4.34] Men are the maintainers of women for that Allah has
    preferred in bounty one of them over another, and for that
    they have spent of their wealth. Righteous women are
    obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah has guarded.
    Those from whom you fear rebelliousness, admonish them and
    desert them in the bed and smack them (without harshness).
    Then, if they obey you, do not look for any way against them.
    Allah is High, Great.

    Which, in response to this:

    the above passage is clearly misogynistic. If the book of the religion has those kinds of passages, then it stands to reason that the religion itself is also misogynistic.

    But for the record I think all religions are equally stupid.


    Doobs, check your sources. Thats not in the Quran, you can clearly tell from the language in it. That's absolutely absurd actually, I can't believe that thats even out there, but then again, how did the Bible become what it is today?

  11. #236
    Senior Member Doobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,182
    will do

  12. #237
    Senior Member meltedtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,078
    Sigh.

    Why do I feel like I'm arguing with first year college students?
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

    There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

  13. #238
    Likes to lick windows bigred1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    minneapolis mn
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by McIrish View Post
    Well, since we're on a weightlifting forum, I'll throw in my $0.02 and analogy... it's not like a football team, it's like a bodybuilding program. You're going to do Westside, I'm going to do Baby Got Back, someone else will do 20 sets of curls and superset that with 82 sets of bench and then do abs until he can't stand up straight. What are we all after? The elusive Grecian statue look (well, obviously, we're not all after that, but it makes my example a lot better ).

    Everyone wants the same things - happiness, understanding, making some sense of a chaotic and confusing world.like football We just have different ways of going about it like football... and yes, there are going to be some nutso's out there cut from every cloth (you put out quite a few good examples of them - does it mean that all Christians/Muslims/Mormons are nuts? Heck no. Some are, most aren't, voila no debate).
    never said they all were, 99.9% arent but you dont hear about the ones not in the news do you?
    6-6 288 lbs 33 yo 20 % bodyfat



    Don't you ****ing dare, woman. He needs to keep batting for the pink team so he can keep dispensing fashion advice and such. If you cure him, he turns into a regular color blind tard-ass tripod-Viking-- this was regarding TwiloMike. RIP guy.

    Im gona have to start wearing wrist wraps just to wipe lol- Hatred

  14. #239
    Likes to lick windows bigred1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    minneapolis mn
    Posts
    20
    Additional Translations of QUR’AN 4.34




    004.034
    YUSUF ALI: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).


    sounds like a peaceful loving religion to me,lol (although it is a religous right to smack a bitch when she acts up, its all good,lol)
    6-6 288 lbs 33 yo 20 % bodyfat



    Don't you ****ing dare, woman. He needs to keep batting for the pink team so he can keep dispensing fashion advice and such. If you cure him, he turns into a regular color blind tard-ass tripod-Viking-- this was regarding TwiloMike. RIP guy.

    Im gona have to start wearing wrist wraps just to wipe lol- Hatred

  15. #240
    Senior Member meltedtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,078
    The Bibles, both of 'em, are chock full of similiar misogynistic over and undertones. They were written during a time when males dominated females.

    If some of you are naive enough to believe that Islam is a religion of peace and love, so be it. The true teaching of Mohammed are far from it. That does not make followers automatically blood thirsty, woman hating savages. It does however, empower those looking to dominate and control. Much like the Mormons have used their religion as a means of suppression. Religous docrtine is a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands.

    Let's face it, women have a had a long and hard struggle throughtout the history of the world to attain a smidgen of equality. Islam a step backwards for womens rights. I can't see how any of you can argue otherwise.

    I'm not looking to write an essay on the topic. Nor do I feel like rehashing all the old arguments that have already transpired here.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

    There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

  16. #241
    Banned KingJustin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,025
    How is it not common knowledge that religions, in general and as a whole, have tons of ****ing verses that are racist, anti-homosexual, anti-woman, etc? Do you people not read the books to which you supposedly subscribe your life to? ...or do you just figure your creators give you these books and they were just kidding about it?

  17. #242
    Senior Member Sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,645
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred1974 View Post
    Additional Translations of QUR’AN 4.34




    004.034
    YUSUF ALI: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).


    sounds like a peaceful loving religion to me,lol (although it is a religous right to smack a bitch when she acts up, its all good,lol)
    If you see a pretty woman among your captives and would like her for a wife, then bring her home and "go in unto her." Later, if you decide you don't like her, you can simply "let her go." (Deuteronomy 21:11-14)

    3. If a betrothed virgin is raped in the city and doesn't cry out loud enough, then "the men of the city shall stone her to death." (Deuteronomy 22:23-24)

    I'm not sure that there is any point whatsoever in quoting the Quran or the Old Testament (included in the Quran btw), or the New Testament (also included in the Quran btw) for this discussion. There are radical a-holes in every religion.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

  18. #243
    cakin Cirino83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,240
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post

    You should read the Quran before putting on a show like you're an expert. It's pathetic how obvious it is you haven't read it.


    Quote Originally Posted by bigred1974 View Post
    Additional Translations of QUR’AN 4.34

    004.034
    YUSUF ALI: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    If you see a pretty woman among your captives and would like her for a wife, then bring her home and "go in unto her." Later, if you decide you don't like her, you can simply "let her go." (Deuteronomy 21:11-14)

    3. If a betrothed virgin is raped in the city and doesn't cry out loud enough, then "the men of the city shall stone her to death." (Deuteronomy 22:23-24)
    Crazy, have you read it?

  19. #244
    Senior Member Sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    Crazy, have you read it?
    Dude, why are you quoting me? Deuteronomy is from the Old Testament...
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

  20. #245
    Likes to lick windows bigred1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    minneapolis mn
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJustin View Post
    How is it not common knowledge that religions, in general and as a whole, have tons of ****ing verses that are racist, anti-homosexual, anti-woman, etc? Do you people not read the books to which you supposedly subscribe your life to? ...or do you just figure your creators give you these books and they were just kidding about it?
    I think its funny that we have put men on the moon, cured diseases that killed up until 10 yrs ago, can clone people, but still are supposed to live our lives according to a book (or books) that if you ate beef on friday, you were executed.I believe in faith I dont believe in organized religion. I quoted you because I agree with your post totally.
    6-6 288 lbs 33 yo 20 % bodyfat



    Don't you ****ing dare, woman. He needs to keep batting for the pink team so he can keep dispensing fashion advice and such. If you cure him, he turns into a regular color blind tard-ass tripod-Viking-- this was regarding TwiloMike. RIP guy.

    Im gona have to start wearing wrist wraps just to wipe lol- Hatred

  21. #246
    Banned KingJustin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,025
    What's the deal with "people that follow verses of the book" being radical?

  22. #247
    Who is John Galt? CrazyK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    Crazy, have you read it?
    The former is the Quran,...I have the translation by Yusuf Ali right in front of me...The commentary is right here summed up by... the prophet explained this verse according to the beating as Fathers over their daughters meaning a spanking in present day language. For the husband-wife relationship one should divorce their wife if they feel it has come to the point of needing to beat her in order to solve problems.

    So yes I've read.

    and why are you quoting Sensei? Deutoronomy is from the Old testament lol. You need to excuse yourself out of this conversation, you're playing a little out of your league.
    Last edited by CrazyK; 03-11-2008 at 09:23 PM.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

    "A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

  23. #248
    Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Yeongsan. South Korea
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd View Post
    Obviously this isn't a racial thing...this time. Anyone can be Muslim if they so choose. What bothers me is, they're giving special rights to one religion over another. I don't see gyms banning cussing, because some religions think it's s sin to cuss...or banning spandex on women over 200lbs (surely that's a sin).

    .
    This has been addressed already. No that is not what they are doing. They are accomodating some students who made a complaint. If other religious groups complained they would likely accomodate them too. In fact that is what they are doing for Hindu students...they've made special places for Hindu and Muslim students to pray.


    And accomodating five female students of a particular religion does not equate to giving special rights to one religion...men can be Muslim too. They are giving rights to one GENDER which happens to be of the Muslim persuasion.

    Regardless one can only say that they are giving special rights to one religion would be if they turned down similar requests from other religious groups. But this has not happened. The spokesperson has already stated that they get requests from religious and other groups all the time and that they try to accomodate them as much as possible.

  24. #249
    Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Yeongsan. South Korea
    Posts
    5,907
    And for the record (not aimed at anyone in particular) I find it funny (sad and predictable) that a thread obstensibly about closing one gym to men for a few hours a week is now veering towards a full-fledged bashing of all religions. Can't say I'm surprised though. Saw this coming from my first post in this thread.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 03-11-2008 at 10:22 PM.

  25. #250
    mrelwooddowd Patz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BFE, KY
    Posts
    9,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Songsangnim View Post
    This has been addressed already. No that is not what they are doing. They are accomodating some students who made a complaint. If other religious groups complained they would likely accomodate them too. In fact that is what they are doing for Hindu students...they've made special places for Hindu and Muslim students to pray.


    And accomodating five female students of a particular religion does not equate to giving special rights to one religion...men can be Muslim too. They are giving rights to one GENDER which happens to be of the Muslim persuasion.

    Regardless one can only say that they are giving special rights to one religion would be if they turned down similar requests from other religious groups. But this has not happened. The spokesperson has already stated that they get requests from religious and other groups all the time and that they try to accomodate them as much as possible.
    You can call it whatever you want, but if the situation was different and somehow was keeping black students out of the gym, or was favoring only the Christians...?

    Yeah.
    _________________________

    5/3/1 Journal


    http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Similar Threads

  1. Rookie's Thread - Adventures of a Trainer
    By rookiebldr in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 6251
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 11:27 PM
  2. Westside 'Til You Die!
    By silles in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 05:49 AM
  3. Christian Thibaudeau's Periodization
    By silles in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2003, 05:43 AM
  4. Christian Thibaudeau's Ascending/Descending Training
    By silles in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •