The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 283
  1. #101
    cakin Cirino83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    I wouldn't expect it and it doesn't sound like these women did either. They asked for accomodations and they were granted, also, I thought our country was supposed to better than Afghanistan and more tolerant? You ask yourself this, why does a decision that doesn't effect you in any way and only effects the men at Harvard for a limited amount of time bother you?
    It doesn't bother me, it's just the principle behind it.

    Blah this thread is going no where. People have their opinions and no one is changing anyones minds.

  2. #102
    Senior Member deeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    only toward ignorant Canadians

    I have plenty of spanish and black friends...I've dated outside of my race. To call me racist is a far stretch by any means. You don't know me and thankfully never will. Do I feel safe around Muslims on the trains running through Boston...not soo much anymore, but that's a normal fear, but as far as black, yellow, green, I don't hate races, I hate certain people.


    Edit: Sorry if you praise Allah and this is a touchy thread.
    I am not Muslim and my belief system has absolutely nothing to do with the argument. The fact is, the comparisons many of you are making are completely ridiculous.

    Think about this, what if I were a man from the moon and I didn't have a gym. Would THAT be fair? Would it? Therefore, these women should not have time at the gym on their own.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

  3. #103
    Zeebo. Southern Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Trussville, AL
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
    So you're admitting coming to this country, not adapting to our ways, and imposing your culture on us. Nice, I love hypocrits.

    To add, the prejudice bigotry you and other white supremacists promote is the reason why this country has such a hard time moving forward on these issues. Masking your bigotry with "AdApT to OuR CuLtUrEEE DURRRR YEEEHAWW".

    PS- Where can I find a confederate flag? I need one for a school project.
    I apologize my ancestors came and took over this land. It wasn't pretty, but that IS the nature of conquering. And I don't believe we imposed any culture on you ... we established civilizations and continually modernized our lives. Noone stopped you guys from worshipping coyotes and dancing for rain.

    How am I a white supremacist? I've said nothing of the sort that being white makes you better. What I did say was these special interests group bring the anger and spotlight on themselves. They demand equality and to be treated as equals by Americans, yet continually segregate themselves! It's always the small portion of the population who blows things out of proportion, whines, and then the MAJORITY succumbs to them.

    And how dare you call me a hypocrit. Here you are calling me a redneck, white supremacist, racist, and asking me "where can I get a rebel flag?" - are you basing that on what I said, or perhaps because I'm from Alabama? You stereotyping me based on where I'm from is the same logic used by racists. Nice job!

    I almost give up with some of you guys. That's fine. Give them their 6 hours a week. Then open the floodgates to other special interests, and let them all bitch, whine, and complain until we give them what they want. THAT's the American way.

    The sad thing is you guys think this is actually beneficial to "equality", and there's nothing wrong here.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

    "Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

    "It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    It doesn't bother me, it's just the principle behind it.

    Blah this thread is going no where. People have their opinions and no one is changing anyones minds.
    The principle of being tolerant of another's religious beliefs and granting them very modest accomodations?

    Here's the difference between the two sides.

    Side A- Why do we have to be inconvenienced so they can have their way?

    Side B- What's wrong with showing tolerance to another group and letting them have a few hours a week so they can practice those beliefs in comfort?

    And you're right, this thread is going nowhere and it probably won't get any further than the two sides going over the same points a few more times before it's closed, or everyone loses interest. Time to start staying in the training sections again.

  5. #105
    GreenG mickyjune26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denton, TX (by Dallas)
    Posts
    1,515
    You have to remember who we're talking about...

    Harvard is thought to be on the leading edge of forwarding thinking society. Most staff members are liberal (not saying it's right or wrong) and were opposed to the war. They are trying to convey the message that America should be tolarent of one of the largest religions in the world.

    How tolerant? Their actions show. Will it last? Depends if people take advantage of this opportunity. Will they have to cater to all groups? No, because most groups don't have such a global presence.

    It was also done as a business statement, meant to accomodate to a small group of people representing a mainstream (on a global arena) population. We have to think outside of the box. Harvard has an international presence and must keep its image for its peers all over the world.

    Imagine what would have happened to their image if the women had been denied their claim. They would have been seen as close-minded all over the world. Think about how that would have affected all aspects of their business, including research, publications, etc. Harvard, if they had refused, would have been thought as an old-school, closed-minded organization, and THIS would have affected all its business units.
    Last edited by mickyjune26; 03-06-2008 at 09:10 AM.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

  6. #106
    GreenG mickyjune26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denton, TX (by Dallas)
    Posts
    1,515
    Remember, it has less to do with tolerance as it has to do with global influence.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

  7. #107
    Too Hot To Be So Cold BBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Funkytown.
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    Actually, these piss ME off.

    Nothing wrong with targeting a demographic - I mean, girly the place up, pink powercages, pix of hot men on the walls, fine - but I draw the line at outright exclusion based solely on gender.

    If someone started a "men-only" gym I'd be just as irritated.
    You know, I started thinking about this. The only reason I'm not irritated by places that are "women only" gyms like Curves, is because I have no desire whatsoever to frequent one. If there were a hard-core "men-only" gym I'd be pissed as all get out that I couldn't train there.

    So, you know, if some guy wants to do Curves circuits, I think he should be able to. Exclusion based solely on gender doesn't fly with me either.
    BRAINS.BEAUTY.BRAWN. www.brainsbeautybrawn.blogspot.com
    WILL SQUAT FOR FOOD.
    "It's not Science - it's RESULTS" - Built
    235 Dead Lift........Height: 5'7"
    125 Bench............Weight: 148 lbs
    200 Squat............Age: 33 yrs. old.
    ----------
    560 Total.............Gunning for 700 this year (while on a cut-and NOT using RESULTS)

  8. #108
    Senior Member Sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7,645
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    It makes people look at Muslims differently. It reminds them that they're "different" than Bob or Susie. It draws lines.
    There's difference in the world - I've made this point repeatedly in threads dealing with social issues. If we worried about giving people what they need rather than giving everyone equal, the world would be a much better place.

    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    I don't think there's anything wrong with someone being upset by everything being closed on Christmas. I feel that they are pushing their practices on other people by not allowing them to use the gym during certain times to satisfy their own religious practices. If they want to practice this tradition they should either workout at home, find a different gym, or suck it up and workout around men. If our country catered to every single religious practice like this we'd have a complete disaster and a bunch of pissed off people.
    You talk like Islam is a cult... You know there are over a billion Muslims worldwide, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    Can anyone in this thread honestly tell me that this practice is intelligent or rational? Even if it wasn't rational, which it isn't, as long as it doesn't affect anyone else I'd say go for it-but closing the gym off to men does affect other people and shouldn't be allowed.
    We've already established that there are other gym and the effects on others will, no doubt, be minimal. As far as rational and intelligent... I don't know how to broach that because most of the arguments here are not rational, nor intelligent, just angry.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    439
    I'm against inclusion or exclusion based on gender or religion.

    That said since its a private school they should do what they want to.

  10. #110
    GreenG mickyjune26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denton, TX (by Dallas)
    Posts
    1,515
    I really think you all are missing the point. It's about a global organization acting in a global manner, relative to the amount of student who have this need.

    Ask yourselves - If you were the Dean and refused these services, what would happen to your global image?
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

  11. #111
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    T

    You talk like Islam is a cult... You know there are over a billion Muslims worldwide, right?
    Yes, I studied Hindu/Islam a little bit in school to fill my electives. I'd like to think I know more about that culture than the average joe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    Side B- What's wrong with showing tolerance to another group and letting them have a few hours a week so they can practice those beliefs in comfort?
    Because if we did this for everyone that requested it, we'd end up with chaos. We'd have other religious beliefs infringing on other people's rights.

    What if I believed that it's against my religion to eat with women and requested an all male cafeteria time that may interfere with women's ability to eat lunch at their convenience? I'm sure you're perfectly OK with this, it's the EXACT SAME THING.
    Last edited by HahnB; 03-06-2008 at 10:32 AM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  12. #112
    WBBs motivational Speaker Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Between a girls ties!
    Posts
    4,593
    This is very dangerous, extremely dangerous. Islam is so horrible there are no words to describe it. A girl who girl used to live next door to me got burned alive because she behaved unislamic.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

  13. #113
    GreenG mickyjune26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denton, TX (by Dallas)
    Posts
    1,515
    yikes!

    That being said, Harvard will never cater to all groups, so that is a moot point. They are just catering to one of the largest religions in the world because they want to maintain their global influence.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

  14. #114
    Senior Member Phenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,062
    I'm definitely gonna have to be on the "what harvard is doing is BS" side. I don't care if I don't go to harvard or if only 6 hours of the day at only one of the gyms, it's the priniciple of the whole thing. Tolerance? Kiss my ass. There's no way I'm tolerating someone elses beliefs if it means taking away from other people. These are BELIEFS we are talking about here. They are made up. Making laws/rules based on beliefs is nonsense.
    Age: 23 - Weight: 237 lbs - Height: 6'1''

    S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

    "Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

  15. #115
    Zeebo. Southern Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Trussville, AL
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post

    Because if we did this for everyone that requested it, we'd end up with chaos. We'd have other religious beliefs infringing on other people's rights.

    What if I believed that it's against my religion to eat with women and requested an all male cafeteria time that may interfere with women's ability to eat lunch at their convenience? I'm sure you're perfectly OK with this, it's the EXACT SAME THING.
    Agreed 100%.

    I'm going to enroll in King Abdulaziz University in Saudi Arabia next semester and try to pitch a similar bitch, and see what happens.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

    "Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

    "It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

  16. #116
    Senior Member deeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    Yes, I studied Hindu/Islam a little bit in school to fill my electives. I'd like to think I know more about that culture than the average joe.



    Because if we did this for everyone that requested it, we'd end up with chaos. We'd have other religious beliefs infringing on other people's rights.

    What if I believed that it's against my religion to eat with women and requested an all male cafeteria time that may interfere with women's ability to eat lunch at their convenience? I'm sure you're perfectly OK with this, it's the EXACT SAME THING.
    What religion prohibits men from eating n the presence of women?

    You simply can not invent religions on a whim!
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

  17. #117
    GreenG mickyjune26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denton, TX (by Dallas)
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Beast View Post
    Agreed 100%.

    I'm going to enroll in King Abdulaziz University in Saudi Arabia next semester and try to pitch a similar bitch, and see what happens.
    Even if you did that, nothing would happen because the universities aren't at the same level, influence-wise as Harvard.

    Harvard isn't doing this to get some feel-goods or to prove a point. They're doing it because they have to. Saying no would be political suicide on the international front.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

  18. #118
    Zeebo. Southern Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Trussville, AL
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by deeder View Post
    You simply can not invent religions on a whim!
    Says who?
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

    "Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

    "It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

  19. #119
    Senior Member deeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    I'm definitely gonna have to be on the "what harvard is doing is BS" side. I don't care if I don't go to harvard or if only 6 hours of the day at only one of the gyms, it's the priniciple of the whole thing. Tolerance? Kiss my ass. There's no way I'm tolerating someone elses beliefs if it means taking away from other people. These are BELIEFS we are talking about here. They are made up. Making laws/rules based on beliefs is nonsense.
    Yeah you're right...

    Oh wait...

    You shall not kill = Laws against murder.
    You shall not steal = Laws against theft.

    Yeah... You're right... It's pretty dumb to make laws/rules based on beliefs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Beast View Post
    Agreed 100%.

    I'm going to enroll in King Abdulaziz University in Saudi Arabia next semester and try to pitch a similar bitch, and see what happens.
    Pitch a similar bitch? Please, enlighten us all.. What special needs to a white redneck have?
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

  20. #120
    Zeebo. Southern Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Trussville, AL
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyjune26 View Post
    Even if you did that, nothing would happen because the universities aren't at the same level, influence-wise as Harvard.

    Harvard isn't doing this to get some feel-goods or to prove a point. They're doing it because they have to. Saying no would be political suicide on the international front.
    Micky, I understand what you're saying, and respect your argument. I just don't agree with it. Sometimes, I think you need to put your foot down. Their religion should be within their private lives, and not have ANY effect on other students regardless of how busy this particular gym is.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

    "Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

    "It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

  21. #121
    Senior Member deeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Beast View Post
    Says who?
    Once again... I bow down to your infinite knowledge.

    Anyone should be able to start a religion at any time. Mine is that diet root beer is the only holy beverage created by our lord god. Oh, and that dumbass rednecks should be shot because they are a bastardization of the true mankind god created.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

  22. #122
    GreenG mickyjune26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denton, TX (by Dallas)
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Beast View Post
    Micky, I understand what you're saying, and respect your argument. I just don't agree with it. Sometimes, I think you need to put your foot down. Their religion should be within their private lives, and not have ANY effect on other students regardless of how busy this particular gym is.
    Too bad most of the rest of the world doesn't agree with that. It seems that most countries push a particular religion, so if Harvard went against this religion, support may be lost from those countries. It also seems to me that many of the European countries would see it as another example of America pushing their culture on other people.

    btw - I'm really not for or against it but am trying to see why Harvard did it.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

  23. #123
    Zeebo. Southern Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Trussville, AL
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by deeder View Post

    Pitch a similar bitch? Please, enlighten us all.. What special needs to a white redneck have?
    This language and insult is not acceptable to me.

    1) I would appreciate you not insulting me based on my race, and I find it offensive.

    2) I would appreciate you not insulting me based on where I am from, and for being a "redneck".

    I would suggest to you not stereotyping. Just because I'm white and from the south does not make me less susceptible to racist insults, such as yours.

    Let's see the heat if you would have said "brown terrorist" or "black criminal". It's the same level, and should not be tolerated.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

    "Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

    "It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

  24. #124
    GreenG mickyjune26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denton, TX (by Dallas)
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by deeder View Post
    Anyone should be able to start a religion at any time. Mine is that diet root beer is the only holy beverage created by our lord god. Oh, and that dumbass rednecks should be shot because they are a bastardization of the true mankind god created.
    That sounds like an awesome new thread, lol. "What would your religion be like?" heehee.

    Mine would involve some sort of aliens as gods, but in a non-scientology way, lol.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

  25. #125
    Senior Member deeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Beast View Post
    This language and insult is not acceptable to me.

    1) I would appreciate you not insulting me based on my race, and I find it offensive.

    2) I would appreciate you not insulting me based on where I am from, and for being a "redneck".

    I would suggest to you not stereotyping. Just because I'm white and from the south does not make me less susceptible to racist insults, such as yours.

    Let's see the heat if you would have said "brown terrorist" or "black criminal". It's the same level, and should not be tolerated.
    1) Really!?

    2) Uh?

    I'm making a point. You're completely against these needs of these Muslim women but now that something has hit home you're all offended. Weird how that happens isn't it?
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Similar Threads

  1. Rookie's Thread - Adventures of a Trainer
    By rookiebldr in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 6251
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 11:27 PM
  2. Westside 'Til You Die!
    By silles in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 05:49 AM
  3. Christian Thibaudeau's Periodization
    By silles in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2003, 05:43 AM
  4. Christian Thibaudeau's Ascending/Descending Training
    By silles in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •