Thread: 2 weeks out - need help finishing up

2 weeks out - need help finishing up

I'm 2 weeks out from my target date for my cut (target date of 3/21 @ 8%). I'm currently around 11% and I'm well hydrated. I will definitely cut water and what not a few days out, but I really need to do something to speed things up. You can see my training and diet in great detail in my journal, but basically I'm currently maintaining PSMF as closely as possible, with the exception of 40g dextrose pre-workout.

My daily protein intake sits around 275-300g, my carbs on training days are 50g and on non-training days are <10g. Fats are between 20-40 grams - almost all EFAs/fish oil/etc. Supplements used daily are MHP Drenbuterol, Nitrean, EFAs, fish oil, multivitamin, 5g creatine/day (split in 12 hour doses), Results, First Order (B-Alanine product), Ibuprofen, ETS and occasionally BSN Lean Dessert.

I have been doing tremendously well with this diet, but would like to accelerate things in this final stretch. When I cut the creatine and dump water, I should look considerably leaner, but just by feeling around my body, I still feel any fat is on my lower back/lower abs, the rest feels like water. How can I cut this? I'm using Yohimbine HCL in a good amount already in the dren.

Even though it will suck, should I incorporate HIIT every morning when I wake up? I'm afraid I will just eat muscle from the intense caloric deficit and heavy westside training I have been doing (although, I have retained and possibly even gained LBM on this cut - my muscles look like they've grown - could be a side effect of losing BF)...

Maybe, longer, low-intensity cardio like 60 min of fast walk/light jog to focus on burning the free fatty acids in my blood stream and not tax the non-existent glycogen stores/cause my body to break down excess protein??

Again, anyone that has experience with this PLEASE I would really appreciate the help. I've made phenomenal progress over the past 11 weeks (lost over 30 pounds and 10% in bodyfat) and it would really make me feel like I accomplished everything if I could hit my target.

For those of you who haven't seen my journal, my cut has involved several weeks of carb cycling, followed by several weeks of UD2, followed by several weeks of PSMF. My training has been mostly strength oriented and I've put on tremendous amounts of strength. Is now the time to get the cardio ball rolling? I was thinking early morning pill of dren (with the yohimbine), followed by an hour of low intensity cardio?

I don't mind to lose a little bit of LBM, I desperately want to get my 8% (or lower).

Just to add my current stats: 212 lb @ ~11% (4 abs clearly defined, outline of 6 starting to show, very lean arms/legs/back), 47" chest, 16.5" arms, 12.75" forearms, 37" inch waist (fattest part - I have THICK abs), 25" thigh.
    Last edited by dxiw; 03-08-2008 at 09:21 PM.

225lb @ 17% bodyfat, currently cutting
    Current lifts while cutting (all raw): bench 275x4, squat 365x8
    Estimated current maxes: 300 bench / 450 dead / 450 squat
    Competition / Gym PRs (from March 08)
    Bench: 325 raw / 385 loose shirt
    Deadlift: 450 raw ADFPF 04/26/08
    Squat: 405 raw

anyone?

I've decided on low intensity cardio every morning upon waking for the next 10 days...anyone have any ideas against/for this?

Out of curiosity, why do u take ibuprofen? it's a painkiller isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN View Post
    How do you think fat people got fat? Do you think they know something special that you don't? No. They're eating all the ****ing time.

I only take it after an intense workout or when I'm very sore. I don't take it regularly. It think it helps me recover slightly faster and definitely makes the torture of low-carbs more bearable when your whole body doesn't hurt.

wasn't there some reasearch done that showed ibuprofen has a negative effect on muscle growth post workout?

Regardless, low intensity cardio is your best bet

I have no idea. It's quite possible. But really, I'm in an extreme cut right now. I don't care all that much about gaining muscle. I'm trying to maintain and have been able to maintain LBM (and actually gain a couple pounds) over the last 10 weeks. The occasional ibuprofen allows me to stay mentally sane and focus more on my lifting. I think that makes it worth it...

A couple days back, I read an article on the T-Mag site that claimed that ibuprofen limits hypertrophy. I checked it out on the NCBI site, and apparently this claim is true. I have no idea about naproxen, but my gut assumption is that any NSAID is inhibitory.

That said, if it helps you focus, it's potentially worth using anyway.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17322116
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16672835

Anyway, on the topic of your cut: you appear to be getting pretty close to the intended 8%BF. Are you going to do that immersion-based test, or did you decide to call the MACS people?