The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

10 week transformation, 2 weeks out, help me stay motivated!

I'm 2 weeks out from my goal of 8% bodyfat. I'm currently sitting around 10-11%. The last picture in the transformation was taken 3-4 weeks out at 12%. I've just turned the intensity up a notch with long cardio, more stimulants, complete carb deprivation, and harder workouts. This is where the **** hits the fan...

For those wondering, my LBM has stayed constant throughout the cut (actually increased a little bit).

In two weeks, I'll post the final pictures at 8% with water deprivation, no body hair and a proper tan. But I'm going to need the support of you guys to make it happen.

EDIT: I didn't even post my before picture because yes, it's THAT bad. The first picture there is like week 2.

Also, the last picture was shot by my friend unexpectedly at a diagonal angle through a mirror. I'm not actually THAT asymmetrical LOL. I wasn't even really flexing my arms, just abs and chest. Also, I am completely cold / carb depleted in all of these pictures.

Last edited by dxiw; 03-09-2008 at 09:56 AM.

225lb @ 17% bodyfat, currently cutting
    Current lifts while cutting (all raw): bench 275x4, squat 365x8
    Estimated current maxes: 300 bench / 450 dead / 450 squat
    Competition / Gym PRs (from March 08)
    Bench: 325 raw / 385 loose shirt
    Deadlift: 450 raw ADFPF 04/26/08
    Squat: 405 raw

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Keep at it!

some serious improvments man keep at it!

Good work, you have done well at not losing any LBM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

That's an incredible transformation. I'm looking forward to seeing the final result.

damn it looks like you have gained muscle, awesome! I say keep on going for 10more weeks and go harder!
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

You've got some serious dedication. You have gotten progressively more bad-ass towards the end (different hair, 5-o'clock shadow, lol).

lol. I blame it on the testosterone...Maybe the final pics will have a shaved head, some insane tan and some body waxing... hmmm

Instead of doing a traditional "bulk", I would like to do a slow, clean one and keep my leanness. What do you guys think about doing a bulk where I just take traditional carb cycling and bump the calories up a lot... Basically, eating around maintenance on non-training days or a little above, but eating +1000-1500kcal above maintenance on workout days (concentrated pre/post workout), and doing some of regular light cardio to stay lean?

225lb @ 17% bodyfat, currently cutting
    Current lifts while cutting (all raw): bench 275x4, squat 365x8
    Estimated current maxes: 300 bench / 450 dead / 450 squat
    Competition / Gym PRs (from March 08)
    Bench: 325 raw / 385 loose shirt
    Deadlift: 450 raw ADFPF 04/26/08
    Squat: 405 raw

wow man, sick!
    2000 or bust

You don't even look like the same person as your first posts! Wow!

Good job, thats excellent. I like the way you set up the pics too. That will be very motivational one day, if it isn't already.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Quote Originally Posted by dxiw View Post
    lol. I blame it on the testosterone...Maybe the final pics will have a shaved head, some insane tan and some body waxing... hmmm

Instead of doing a traditional "bulk", I would like to do a slow, clean one and keep my leanness. What do you guys think about doing a bulk where I just take traditional carb cycling and bump the calories up a lot... Basically, eating around maintenance on non-training days or a little above, but eating +1000-1500kcal above maintenance on workout days (concentrated pre/post workout), and doing some of regular light cardio to stay lean?

Fantastic work! Really a great improvement.

Assuming you're able to stick with a proper diet, have you ever considered the bulk version of UD2.0? He briefly discusses it at the end of that book. It's a great way to minimize the fat gain during a bulk.

If you were to take the traditional route to a bulk, why increase your cals so much on training days? And you can do without the cardio.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Quote Originally Posted by dxiw View Post
    Has your hair thinned out some since highschool? Your arms look huge!