The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 101 of 251 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 6252
    Because lunges are better than squats. Or I at least think so.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Oooo-wee. Your ass is gonna be hurtin' tomorrow.
    You can't babysit this.

Bring on teh ec's.

Originally posted by galileo
    Lunges will take more breath out of you than squats. That's why you need to go fairly light.
    I likely won't need any weight on the lunges then.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Wikked1:
    I'll settle for green then.

John0101:
    Why thank you. It's been a work in progress and I've stolen ideas from many people as well as added my own touches.

I was wondering why myself. I'm trying squats first next week and I'll see how that does me. A lot will depend on how strong the back is and which exercise will tax my body best for high reps versus the lower reps. Neither of these exercises are my strong suit, however both will hit my legs and glutes more then my leg pressing and I'm the goal is to keep to more compound big movements.

Will:
    You noticed? I did lunges?

Heath:
    Yes, it very much does hurt - a lot!!!! DOMS has kicked in.

Mike:
    Yes, bring it on!!!!

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Huh? Yes, I noticed.

Lunges are the best. You need to be doing walking barbell lunges. Now! Do them!

I will have a cult of my own of walking lunging fanatics! :evillaugh
    What is elite?

Well, I finally took some pictures today. Guess what, I'm fat. I hate taking looking at them because I aways think they look better in person with a blurred, rose colour glasses on.

So, you may get to see more then this one, but this will do for now. It's my back pic which I tend to like the best for definition and lack of mountains of layers of fat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Will, I'll need to see if I can balance a barbell on my back while doing lunges first. I must admit, I wasn't too steady doing these yet. My knees wobbled, as they usually do with leg exercise, just more so. However, I will get there.

to the god of lunges.

Originally posted by rookiebldr
    Well, I finally took some pictures today. Guess what, I'm fat. I hate taking looking at them because I aways think they look better in person with a blurred, rose colour glasses on.

So, you may get to see more then this one, but this will do for now. It's my back pic which I tend to like the best for definition and lack of mountains of layers of fat.
    The back picture looks great. You clearly have a strong back and arms and you don't have real love handles. Im not going to post pics until I'm down to somewhere near your body weight (which I doubt I'd reach for a year, if then), but you got me beat (not in sheer size, but in terms of definition and lack of fat) by a long distance.

Don't worry about fat for awhile though dude. Put on slabs of muscle during this bulk and when you get up to 190/200, your cut will go a lot better with all that muscle to help you burn more calories.

Post some leg and chest shots, your back isn't gonna give nearly as full a shot of what you look like and how much muscle you'll gain without posting em.

BAcks lookin good Nice bi's as well. I too have trouble with bb lunges, tried them once but didn't feel as stable as I do with dbs.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

The Tuna Tempter
    Nice back Rookster!!
    Life's too short to be small

Nice back Rookie.

When I do lunges I use DB's, just holding them at my side so I don't have to worry about keeping balance. You may want to give that a try as well.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

ďTake things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.Ē ó Bruce Lee

What are you talking about being fat? That pic looks great Rook! Your back looks great and the peak is coming in nicely on teh gunz.

Dude yer not fat. Post the rest of your pics and stop being a little bitch.

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    Don't look fat to me. Post 'em up rookie. I also use DB's on lunges like St Pat said. And I would definately take the advice of a man with a bob the builder avatar...
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

damn bro!...lookin great because of all the hard work -

Agreed the back is looking great!

I wish I was so "fat".

Back looks great rook. Post the rest!
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Your wish is my command! *POOF* You're fat.

Anyhow rookie, like I've said, you look great!

Can you post some pics of your vagina? Rook duder your not fat. Now quit being a puss and post up some dbl bi pics. Ok wait. Double bicep pictures just wanted to make that clear. No more of that crap you tried to send me from before.

Hey are you doing your bulk UD2.0 style or just eating a clean balanced diet over maint cals and such?
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Jeff...you have great back width, i'd lay odds if you pronated your biceps when you flex they'd look bigger, v-taper isn't bad at all, well done.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

dude, definatly looking alot thicker.....more width and a v-taper compared to some of the earlier photos...not looking to fat either seeing some small cuts..good work
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Damn, man! That looks like some serious improvement from the last pics I saw. Awesome job!
    What is elite?

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    hey nice back pic, definitely gots some mass showing!

and your not fat................

yet, so keep bulking
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

I'll get to answering your comments in detail a bit so thank you all. This site rocks for encouragement and motivation. I am very much appreciative of the support.

After spending a bit more time with the pics, I have decided on a few more. Since some of you had mentioned the progress, I have here the above back pic side-by-side with the Feb 2003 pic. I've tried to get both pictures the same size, it's close.

In Feb, I was 159 and about the same bodyfat 14% - 14.5% (caliper tested). This Oct, I'm about 170-172 and approx the same bodyfat maybe a bit more. I was surprised at the difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images