Page 111 of 251 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 6252

Thread: Rookie's Thread - Adventures of a Trainer

Originally posted by Orange357
    good work rook. progressing nicely.
    Thanks Mitch. I've got 3 more workouts to add in here. They were all decent too. Some new pr's I think too.

And the link didn't work. I even registered for you.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Originally posted by Orange357
    lol...
    canada
    ROFL

That linked worked, bitch.

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Originally posted by carolinagirl

Um.....PowerMajt still HAS Mastershake. Rookie had Frylock.

(Whom, incidentally, I miss.)
    Right you are I was indeed Frylock. That mean image likely suited me better.

Originally posted by HomeYield

I'll personally show up at your door to do the deed. And it won't be an easy one either. I'll have you doing walking lunges until your death. How would you like that?!
    If I can have an ass like yours, sure.

What was the dirty deed again? It's too far back now.

Originally posted by heathj
    ec has no effect on me for sleep
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 11-16-2003 at 02:53 PM.

Originally posted by SquareHead
    I am totaly nude as I type this.
    No surprise there. You work in the nude too, well most of the time.

Originally posted by Mik
    Um, workouts? [/B]
    I did them. They will be posted tonight.

Originally posted by CoCoa
    sessions, sessions, sessions.....(chanting bro- )

lol, I need the cheering.

Originally posted by Nevermore
    Hmm I was wondering about that......Sorry . I knew it was one of those. Okay I miss Frylock.
    lol. What do I get if I put him back?

Originally posted by RG570
    I think the old man threw out his back and is too weak to do anything but attend meetings.
    Teh m33t1ngs are stopping from posting, however, teh will never stop me from working out f001.

Originally posted by squarehead
    2 days no post rook.... This is very un like you. Well there was that one time that you were stuck in the bathtub in Tijuana but that's another story.
    And what a time I had with the lady in the tub. memories.... <sigh>

OMFG this is the first time Ive seen someone turn thier journal in to a postwhore haven! lol you ROCK!!!!
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

hehehe. You are just learning what I am capable of.

So, just to get caught up I'll list my workouts only.

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Training: Upper Body 3:30pm
    • Still travelling so I'm hitting the same gym as last time. A few more people here this time.

Barbell Bench Press: 135x5, 155x3, 190x5, 190x3, 190x2
      Inclined Dumbell Presses: 55x11, 55x6, 45x7, 45x6 D 35x10
      JM Press: 105x7, 105x6, 105x7
      Curl Grip Chins BWx5.5, BWx4, BWx3
      Hammer curls: 35x12:12, 35x11:11, 35x11:11

Benching was good however the pressing sucked. I moved up on the dumbells but clearly using the 55's too everything I had and I couldn't get the following sets. The JM pressing is getting better even though it is still akward.

Friday, November 14, 2003
    One day late, but I got it in.

Training: Lower Body 8:30pm
    • Back to my regular gym. w00t! Ever notice how much we become attached to our own gym?

Deadlifts: 135x8, 225x5, 315x3, 315x2
      Stifflegged Deadlifts: 225x4, 225x4, 225x3
      Hack Squat: 90x13, 90x12, 90x12, 90x12
      Standing Calf Raises 240x10, 260x6, 260x7
      Decline Crunches: 45x10, 45x8, 45x6

Deads were ok I guess. Finally some ab work. I was a bit surprised to see that I could get 10 reps with 45lbs added.

Saturday, November 11, 2003

Training: Upper Body 2:30pm
    • The gym was closing early today so I hit it mid afternoon.

Curl Grip Chins: BWx7, BWx4, BWx3
      Barbell Rows: 205x6, 205x3, 205x6
      Barbell Curls: 100x3, 100x3, 90x4
      Barbell Bench Press: 135x5, 195x4, 195x3A
      Lying Tricep Extensions: 60x15, 60x12, 60x10
      Upright Rows: 90x6, 90x6, 90x5
      HS ISO Shoulder Press: 90x10, 90x10

Another chin PR, Curl and bench PR. The chins were solid. I was pleased with those. The curls had too much back movement. I should have waited I think. the bench had a fair bit of assistance on the last rep of the second set. He might have helped a bit on the last rep on the first work set. I stay here next week at least, although I'm smelling 200.

I moved up on the extensions so I'll work on getting those for all 4 sets. I added some shoulder work. They just aren't big enough.
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 11-16-2003 at 09:01 PM.

Nice workouts fool.

Haha, I agree with Squarehead. Loser.

Nice workouts Rook! Wow, you're bench is really moving up. Nice work.

Standing Calf Raises = Gay!

Deadlifting looks good man!! Your squating doing SLDLs, DLs and banging hookers. Is your low back keeping up with all that? I think I need to toss some hypers into my workouts.
    Old Journal

-PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

congrats on the pr's, rook. Keep up the good work.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    I hAet change and worked out a deal with Tryska. If you put Frylock back she has agreed to quit PMS'ing and unstabling around. Okay I haven't werked it out with her yet cause I am scared of her. But I might..
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Originally posted by heathj
    Nice workouts fool.

Haha, I agree with Squarehead. Loser.
    You are mistaken, I think he said "I ROCK". Now who is the loser.

Originally posted by Mik
    Nice workouts Rook! Wow, you're bench is really moving up. Nice work.
    Yeah it has moved some. But I need to be careful since it I maybe pushing it up faster then I should be. This week I need to get the reps back up to 6. And thanks.

Originally posted by SquareHead
    Standing Calf Raises = Gay!

Deadlifting looks good man!! Your squating doing SLDLs, DLs and banging hookers. Is your low back keeping up with all that? I think I need to toss some hypers into my workouts.
    You say ghey but you give no alternative.

The lower back is fine for now since I'm trying to drive the DL's with my legs more.

Originally posted by cphafner
    congrats on the pr's, rook. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks cphafner. I hope I can keep the pace going but I really need to work on my chest. It is by far the weakest part.

Nevermore and Heath, frylock is back for a limited time. enjoy.

lol rook your a total whore!

Seated calf raises.
    Old Journal

-PwrMajt:

It saddens me that your bench is flying past mine. I remember a time when I could say "hey, well at least I'm not as weak as rookie!"

That time is no more.

SquareHead
    If I was a real post whore, I'd have split up my training update too.

Fuzz
    As much as that saddens you, it pleases me that I'm not the weakling to at least one person on this site. Bulking is fun, dude.

I still think you're a post whore. And making some good progress towards becoming un-weak.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Just trying to make you proud, homie.