Page 241 of 251 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 6252

Thread: Rookie's Thread - Adventures of a Trainer

LOL Thanks man.
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 07-14-2006 at 10:10 PM.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike
    Nice curling and crushing. Too bad this wasn't your leg day or shoulder day so you could show the punks what real lifting is about.
    LOL well leg day or back day maybe. But I held my own once I got the pump going.

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    You held it in public??????????

... oh... nevermind.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

When you got it you flaunt it sometimes. You of all people must be used to that!
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 07-14-2006 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rookiebldr
    Workout: Friday July 14, 2006 - Arms

CGBP: 90x10, 135x10, 155x8, 155x8, 155x8
    DB Extensions: 60x10, 80x10, 90x5, 90x6, 90x6
    Skulls: 70x10, 80x10, 80x10, 80x10
    Push Downs: 4 sets for teh burn.

SS: Barbell Curls: 80x10, 80x10, 80x10, 80x10
    SS: DB Preacher Curl: 25x6:6, 25x6:6, 25x6:6, 25x6:6

Back in at the IFF gym. This time I must have hit the kiddy time to pump up their arms. Totally busy as hell with teh gangsta's grouping around the benches to do all manner of curling. I managed to stick to myself and do the routine I wanted to do but made it a bit shorter for a quick get-away.[/indent]
    IFFs kiddie time is all the time now, it blows. Solid arm session though, CGBP looking really good.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Replies:
    Dave: lol We'll have a laugh then on Wed.

holmes: Yep. I hates 'em

Workout: Monday July 17, 2006 - Chest
    This was set up for a heavy bench day. Jeff and another buddy from old work were set to do maxes.

Barbell Bench Presses: 135x6, 185x3, 225x1, 245x0, 245x1, 225x3, 185x10, 185x7, 135x12
    Incline Dumbell Presses: 60x10, 80x8, 80x6
    Smith Shoulder Presses: 1ppsx15, 1p+25psx10, 1p+25psx10, 1p+25psx10
    v-grip Cable Push Downs: some 5 sets various weights.

A new pr on the bench press. First set at 245 and I brought it down slowly and then boom my shoulder had nothing to start the rep with. Second attempt I was solid all the way through down and started back up right away. Nice to see this improvement. It's been a long time in coming.

The rest is history.

Excellent, congrats on the PR!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

nice job Jeff
    2000 or bust

hell ya 245 is ace man!

oh ya on wed, I will be wearing my atlarge tshirt and showing up right at 7:30 so just look for me on one of the two squats racks, it will be set for rack pulls

Great work, man! Congrats on the PR!!!

Why smith anything????
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Nice benching!
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Replies:
    Anthony: Weeeee it seems like it's been forever since I've pushed the max up. Thanks.

Stump: Thanks man.

Dave: mmmm I might have to wear my Atlarge T too then. See you there. I'll try not to be toooooooo late.

Mike: Just hitting the front delt differently with some added support instead of doing them free style.

Rob: Thanks rob.

Workout: Tuesday July 18, 2006 - Legs

SLDL: 135x10, 185x10, 225x6, 275x3, 275x5, 225x6,
    Good Mornings: 45x10, 135x10, 135x10, 135x8
    Leg Press: 5ppsx10, 6pps10, 7ppsx10, 7ppsx10
    Leg Extensions: 110x10, 150x10, 210x10, 210x10

Focused on hammies this week more. My left leg was still giving me a bit of an issue on the leg press. Just felt like the old injury was flaring up. So leg presses were done a bit lower this week.

Doing back with dave tomorrow night. Should be cool seeing him whip my ass at rack pulls. lol

congrats oldie!!

nice work on the sldl also.

awesome news on the bench PR!

Strong SLDL's also.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Thanks guys. I'm still trucking along.

Ok, I'm changing my diet and focus. Cutting calories suck since I don't do it. I just end up not eating enough protein. So with I'm only going to concern myself with the protein side of things and the rest should take care of it self. If I gain, so beit maybe I'll gain more muscle. I am leaner than I was a year ago at this weight but still pretty fat. As you will see in this picture. No pump this time just a quick photo with my cell while out in the sun. Good thing the cell has a timer, too bad I couldn't pose to hide my bad features. Anyway, it's a starting point to add more mass.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats on the bench PR.

Ooooooooh Jeffey wants to be a supermodel! Good work, there, Jeff.

A little swishing never hurt anybody.

me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Lookin good in here rook.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

great workout today bro, next time 515 will be yours!

Replies:
    Bdckr: Hey man, you're still poking around these parts? One of these days we'll have to meet up again. Hope things are still going well with you.

Teh Mike: I'll let you do the runway thing, I don't have the shoes for it. ;-)

Stash: hmmmm, maybe dancing.

Drew: Thanks Drew. Numbers are moving again at least.

Dave: w00t! I'm still pleased with the 5-plates. A far cry from your 635 though. I wanna be there when you do 700!

Workout: Wednesday July 19, 2006 - Back
    So I meet up with Dave (sidor) for a back ... well primarily a rack pull session. What a beast he's become since the last time we worked out. You'll see soon enough when I get to posting the pics. This was max effort on rack pulls. I think dave mentioned something about not going max but it was a weak comment intended not to be heard since we both knew he'd have to go really heavy. It's in the blood.

Rack Pulls: 135x10, 225x3, 315x1, 405x1, 455x1, 495x1, 545x0, 515x0
    Deadlifts (standing on a 45): 225x6, 225x3, 225x3
    T-bars: 1px10, 2px10, 3px10, 4px8(?), 5px4
    Pull-Downs: 80x10, 120x8, 120x8, 120x8

45degree Calf Raises: 1ppsx20, 2ppsx20, 3ppsx15
    Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets.

Basically everthing flew up fast up to the 455. 455 was tough but still came up decently. The 495 wasn't too pretty. Slower and took a bit to lock out as if I'd forgotten to do that. I think I got going then falter as it was about to go back down I pulled again and locked it in. I was more surprised that my grip didn't falter at all. It stuck great. So finally I hit 5 plates per side. Dave was doing 3 pulls still at 495 so we added another 50 to see if I could attempt it. I got going on the 545 didn't move then pulled again and got it a centimeter or so off the rack but that was it. The next one at 515 failed completely, I was toast by now. Dave continued on up. 6pps was good so we knew there was more in the tank. That 635 wasn't pretty either, but he nailed it.

The rest was just to finish off the back. It was nice to hit up with a partner that wanted to lift heavy on back. Thanks Dave, it was great.

And now two pictures of the event. One of Dave pulling the 635 and the other of us two. Gives you a good clue how much bigger Dave is although I think he's on his tip toes since he didn't look that much taller than me when we met.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I heard about this awesome session! sounds like u guys had an awesome time! wish i coulda been there , i'll be getting back into the swing of things soon, and then i'm going full on! hopefully we can squeeze in a session before i go off to school. cngrats on the 495! that's some big weight ur moving!

and in case anybody's wondering the guy standing there smiling in the first picture is my brother lol.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Great effort to you both, Jeff you've come a long way.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

crazy pulls from both of you!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Wow! Some killer pulls there rook.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins