The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 249 of 251 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251 LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 6252
    Xian: thanks for the bump.

Andrew: I worked out today... I guess you're right.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

HOws the PT deal, you lazy bastard. Lets see some workouts!
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Where's stash to say, "*crickets*" when you need him?

13 days without a workout.

He bought his daughter a wii for christmas and is trying to convince himself video game bowling is a form of cardio.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    HEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

oooooooooo!!!!

ooooo!!!

ooo!

Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

lmfao ... Thanks guys.

Xian, year it was pretty close to a month without a workout. I started getting back into workouts last week. Even managed a killer squat, bench, dead (well rack pulls for me) workout with Dave (Sidior) on Monday. I've not squated in months or done legs in a month at least! My legs and hips were so toast I couldn't do deads plus they are still killing today after 4 days. Doing the same workout yesterday might have contributed to my pain today.

As for the PT work, I've been pulling out all the stops this month. So lots of gym time, just not a lot of money. lol I've about 7 clients on reduced introductory rates at the moment who I need to turn over to long term clients at full rates. However I am totally enjoying the work and I even have time to do cardio these days.

Anyway, that's the quick up date. I'll start posting more ... I hope.

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Dude... don't become that guy who trains but doesn't workout himself.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Thats cool that your digging the PT work man, I dont think I could deal with an average joe in the gym im not a good teacher.

Congrats on getting the work, and glad to hear that you're enjoying it.

Iron4Life
    Congrats on the work Rookie... but I gotta go with TMike.. don't be that guy.. we have a couple of those trainers at our gym.. and you start to wonder when their clients are fitter then they are... and the clients are noobs!! lol
    GL and stay on coarse...

Looking forward to seeing you again Jeff
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
    Dude... don't become that guy who trains but doesn't workout himself.

lol nothing to fear in that regard. Although it might not have started as a planned rest, I sort of finished it as a planned break. December was very busy at the house and the new job, plus I wasn't motivated with the workouts that I'd been doing. My workout partner was MIA and some vacation time was coming up. So I took the 3-4 weeks off as a needed break. I started back with some workouts last week and then with Dave's help hit the legs and full body hard this week as a shake-up routine. I've already started to add cardio twice a week and plan to lean up maybe even reach a "jacked" 12% for the first time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    Thats cool that your digging the PT work man, I dont think I could deal with an average joe in the gym im not a good teacher
    Yeah, I'm enjoying it for sure. the average newbie will listen to you as if you are god. I'm finding they'll do whatever you say. Most of my clients thus far even want to gain muscle and size not just lose bodyfat and that's really energizing and I can hardly wait to get them doing deads and squats. On the otherhand if I had someone like you walk in, I'd likely be asking your advice more than giving any. lol

Quote Originally Posted by bdckr
    Congrats on getting the work, and glad to hear that you're enjoying it.
    wow... it's been a while. Thanks man, I hope things are well with you too. How are you coming on the grippers?

Quote Originally Posted by bearwolf
    Congrats on the work Rookie... but I gotta go with TMike.. don't be that guy.. we have a couple of those trainers at our gym.. and you start to wonder when their clients are fitter then they are... and the clients are noobs!! lol
    GL and stay on coarse...
    lol see earlier response. I'd say all the pt's at our gym workout save maybe one of them. The one I'm just not sure since I've not seen him workout. Nope, I plan on staying in shape, maybe leaner but I've not given up my desire to be a hulking mass of 220 or more! Seeing everyone bigger than me everyday at the gym is fueling my desire even more. <flex>

Quote Originally Posted by getfit View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you again Jeff
    I am too Syliva. I thought for sure I'd be seeing you down here before the arnold but I guess I'll have to wait till then. See you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rookiebldr View Post
    Yeah, I'm enjoying it for sure. the average newbie will listen to you as if you are god.
    With me, they just fixate on my pecs.

I'm finding they'll do whatever you say.
    Look into my eyes... look DEEP into my eyes...you're getting drowsy....verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry droooooowsyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... :evillaugh

Nope, I plan on staying in shape, maybe leaner but I've not given up my desire to be a hulking mass of 220 or more!
    I'll take hulking mass for 250, Alex...

Good to hear from you again, man.

wow... it's been a while. Thanks man, I hope things are well with you too. How are you coming on the grippers?
    Can't remember the last time we talked, but I did certify on the HG300, plateau'd at a level smack dab between a #2 and #3 (RB240N), but haven't decided how serious I am about wanting the #3.

Had a big sushi feed with crazyboie a couple weeks ago -- checking out your gym would be a good excuse to do it again

Glad your Back Jeff.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Hmm... 5 days without a post... ARE you back, or you just making a cameo appearance?

Good god, has it been over a week again? Ok, replies first.

Da Hulk: One does have to make due with what they have.

bdckr: Excellent work on getting the hg3000. You're up there with some pretty big guys considering I know how .. um... big you were when I met you. We do need to get together soon. I've not talked to Todd lately either so I need to find out what is up with him.

unholy: awwww.

As for workouts, last week I started working out with one of the trainers who definitely up'd the intensity. So when he didn't show up on Friday, one of the other gym rats that I know there suggest I buddy up with him for the day for back and tri's. **** what a session. We gave it another go yesterday and today. I'm totally switching my routine and giving his routine/style a go. I feel energized and kicked to shreds when I'm done. Pumped beyond belief. A change is always good so we'll see how much I can accomplish. Today was chest and biceps and my arms are still shaking...3 hours later!

As for the PT work, I'm learning to sell (ugh) in my own way. Although I've yet to make sale, I've got a few that are really close to buying my services for a few months. I should know tomorrow. In the meantime, I earned $8 today. weee didn't even pay for the gas to get there. Well, at least my gym membership is free.

A new month and finally made my first sale as a Personal Trainer. I've been working with 7 clients in January, training them 2 or 3 times a week. They bought introductory training for a reduced priced. It's a specific routine for newbies, 30 mins in length with some assessments and instructional information over the 6 or 12 sessions. So the goal is to see if they like working with a trainer and to end up buy 1 hour sessions. We, my second client to finish has decided to continue with me for another month at 3 times a week. Now I really get to design a routine for him and get him set for exercises that he can use to grow big. :evillaugh Another two of my clients have said for sure they will be in on Monday to continue for 20 sessions each. With that, I'll finally move from $6 per 30 min session to a woping $25 for 1 hour session. weeeeee I'm rich! lol

As for workouts.

Thursday was leg day, Friday Chest and triceps and today was a bit of biceps. Tomorrow will be a rest day. My muscles are screaming anyway.

I was gonna post something about my bodyfat results but I've been told they are BS... so I'll leave it for what it is. I'm fat. lol

Tuesday Feb 6, 2007 - Chest & Biceps

As I mentioned before, I've got a new workout partner. For the time being, I'm following his routine. Yesterday was shoulders and legs. It included some squats (2ppsx6, 6, 6) and various other exercises that I now can't recall. So I'm gonna start with today. The routine is set up with a ton of volume and in some cases performed twice a week. It's fun and different so it's worth a try for now.

Incline DB Press: 45x16, 60x10, 70x10
    Incline BB Press: 135x12, 185x8, 185x6
    Incline Smith-machine Press: 115x15, 135x10, 165x8
    Flat Smith-machine Press: 115x15, 165x8, 165x6
    HS Wide Chest Press: 2ppsx10, 2ppsx10, 2ppsx10

One Arm Preachers: 30x15, 40x10, 50x8
    Preachers: 60x15, 70x10, 80x10
    HS Curls: 30x10, 40x10, 40x10
    Cable curls: 30x15, 40x10, 50x10
    Concentration Curls: 20x16, 30x10, 30x8
    EzCurl BB curls: 70x10, 70x8, 70x6

If nothing else, I was pumped. Plus I also got tips on posing a side chest pose. I'm getting ready... ready for the arnold. <flex>.

Bespoke Super Mod
    That is a lot of volume!

Is that all to failure?
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That is a lot of volume!

Is that all to failure?
    :withstupi Looks like crazy volume and alot of fun, ze pump is all zat matter yo!

Just read your featured member bio thingy, ahaha you said you fav thing to train at the time was legs....someone put on a show for the interview eh
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Franco: As much as possible.

Dave: Yeah, I was pretty silly back then. I likely just made 5pps on leg press. Do you realize that was 4 years ago?

Wednesday Feb 7, 2007 - Back & Triceps

SS: Behind neck pulldown: 3 sets
    SS: Rope Pulls: 3 sets

SS: Pulldowns: 3 sets
    SS: Cable Rows: 3 sets

HS Low Rows 2ppsx12, 3ppsx8, 3ppsx6
    Nautilis Rows 3 sets
    LF Underhand Rows 3 sets

Tricep single arm pulldowns
    Seated Dips
    HS Triceps
    Dips

3 sets each. I think there were some more tricep exercises but it's a blur.