Page 250 of 251 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251 LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 6252

Thread: Rookie's Thread - Adventures of a Trainer

bone crusher
    yo ROok!
    a personal trainer now?

I know, what a surprise, eh? I've come a long way since we met in 2002. Are you coming down to the arnold?

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

bone crusher
    damn it was that long ago? I expect hugeness from you all!!

yes i am definitely coming. I have a huge exam on friday morning (again) and therefore I will arrive sat morning. I plan on going to the expo most of sat and again sun. Will you be going to the expo on sat?

I will go out w/ you guys on sat night. I'll try and get the woman to come along but you guys intimidate her ...lol

So I finished the week off with Shoulders on Friday and Chest/triceps on Saturday. Nothing really exciting there but at least my strength has been coming up along with motivation. I'm up to 200lbs now. So much for trying to lose weight for the arnold.

On the PT front, I've now flipped 4 out of 5 clients to additional higher priced sessions. "visions of dollars signs was dancing in my head" lol I've also spent the last two days getting certified in Muscle Testing for Injuries (upper body, level 1). This will allow me to assess my clients and then design a program around any injuries or weaknesses that I might find. In the mean time they can seek treatment or rehab for those injuries. I'm looking forward to testing my victims..er.. I mean clients on Monday.

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

bone crusher
    damn looks from your pic that I'll be the smallest guy in da house

Dude already mentioned it over msn but congrats on flipping the fat middle aged parents!
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Hopefully your goal is to move as an independent PT (not through a gym).

I'm working with one now who charges $70 per hour.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

oh yeah I'm still skinny. So don't worry, between the two of us, we'll be Laurel and Hardy.

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

New journal title?? OmGZors!1!!1! I think it should read

Rookie's Thread - Still Sexy but even less mobile than before

Mark: lol na, I remember how hulking you were. Remember, pictures are deceiving.

Dave: Thanks dave. Anytime you wanna sign up for some personal coaching, give me a call.

Stash: If I stick at this it will be or at least on the side. I've been chatting with a few independent Trainers who have been giving me some ideas. The going rate is around $50 - $75 and a lot can be done in cash.

Stash: And I'm not THAT fat so you can play Hardy with Pete instead. lol

Dave: Yeah it was time for a new title since Pete seems to be taking a break from life. However, my creative juices are for the gym and I ran out of ideas. Hmmmm, maybe I should run a contest? The name Rookie's Journal contest. On second thought, it would likely turn out something like St. Patties Hair Thread.
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 02-15-2007 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rookiebldr View Post
    Mark: lol na, I remember how hulking you were. Remember, pictures are deceiving.

Dave: Thanks dave. Anytime you wanna sign up for some personal coaching, give me a call.

Stash: If I stick at this it will be or at least on the side. I've been chatting with a few independent Trainers who have been giving me some ideas. The going rate is around $50 - $75 and a lot can be done in cash.

Stash: And I'm not THAT fat so you can play Hardy with Pete instead. lol

Dave: Yeah it was time for a new title since Pete seems to be taking a break from life. However, my creative juices are for the gym and I ran out of ideas. Hmmmm, maybe I should run a contest? The name Rookie's Journal contest. On second thought, it would likely turn out something like St. Patties Hair Thread.
    You use your creative juices at the gym? Dude man....yuck.

Not like you were complaining the last time we worked out.

He uses his juices creatively.

*ducks*

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Bespoke Super Mod
    Oh dear god!

Jeff is getting excited, we're all in trouble now!
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Well, I'm totally excited about the new routine and the partner that keeps pushing me. He won't ever let me lower the weights even when I make a mistake in picking them.

As for my workout today's was calfs, shoulders and triceps.

Calfs:

Straight leg Seated Calf Press
    Standing Calf Raise
    Seated Calf Raise

Shoulders:

Lateral DB Raise: 20x15, 25x10, 25x8
    Lateral Cable Raise: 30x14, 40x10, 50x6
    Lateral Machine Raise: 3 sets
    Single Arm Shoulder Press: 50x10
    Lateral DB Raise: 30x10, 30x8, 30x8
    Rear Delt Cable Pull (kg):22.5x15, 27.5x10, 27.5x10
    Rear Delt Machine: 130x12, 145x10, 145x8
    Rear Delt db Raise: 30x8, 30x8, 35x6

Triceps:

Single Arm Pushdowns (kg): 17,5x15, 22.5x10, 27.5x10
    Machine Pushdowns: 250x15, 250x15, 250x15
    Dips: bwx8, bwx8, bwx6

Traps:

Shrugs: 1ppsx15, 2ppsx15, 3ppsx8, 3ppsx8

That was it.

Workout today was Chest, Biceps and abs.

Calves would been in the mix but I got to the gym late and Attila had already gotten his done. At the end of the session instead of doing calves I just wanted to tan and rest. lol

Chest:

An all machine day. Why? dunno, as I'm still learning the routine. He doesn't tend to do bench presses since he's not had a partner in a long time and I guess he doesn't like asking for assistance from the other gym jocks. But he has one now so I'll introduce them soon. In the mean time...

Hammer strength has several types of machine. Some are Plate Loaded (PL) and others are Non-Plate Loaded (NPL) or a stack of weight for each side. I'm adding the desgination of PL or NPL when I refer to one or the other. All seem to be ISO so I'll drop that connotation for now.

HS NPL Chest Press: 60x16, 80x12, 100x10
    HS NPL Wide Chest Press: 80x15, 100x10, 120x10
    HS NPL Incline Chest Press: 100x10, 120x10, 140x8
    HS PL Flat Chest Press: 90x12, 140x10, 140x8
    HS PL Wide Chest Press: 90x15, 140x10, 160x8
    HS PL Incline Chest Press: 180x10, 200x8, 200x6
    Biceps:

Concentration Curls: 30x12, 35x10, 40x10
    Ez-Bar Curls: 75x12, 75x10, 75x8
    Single Arm DB Preachers: 30x12, 30x12, 35x8
    Single Arm Machine Preachers: 30x12, 40x10, 40x8
    Machine Preachers: 65x12, 80x10, 80x6
    HS NPL Bicep Curls: 30x10, 40x10, 40x6 <--- My brain couldn't figure out how to move my bicep.
    Forearms:

Reverse Cable Wrist movement: 50x10, 60x10, 60x10

I have no idea what to call this however, my forearms were spent.
    Abs:

Machine Crunches: 65x100, 65x100, 65x100, 65x100

Iron4Life
    Great couple of workouts Rookie...
    But get that new partner onto the free weights.. your guys progress will be much better.. plus you want your new clients to see you pushing the iron!!

No problem there. We squat on leg day and we Incline DB Press and Incline BB press on certain chest days. I'll get him doing rack pulls, deadlifts and BO rows for the back very soon.

I've spent the last few days on some company brainwashing...er.. I mean training. One more day to go. As such, with some of my clients coming in at night since I'm away during the day, I've been workingout in the evenings.

Yesterday was chest and legs day and today was shoulder and triceps. Nothing much to write home about other than I'm weighing 200lbs and leaner and bigger than last year. Things are going well.

NPL... nipple training?

Oh wait.... NON-PLATE LOADED...

I like nipple training better.

Sounds like you are killing it right now. Keep it up old man!

2000 or bust

Amazing how things turn around so fast. Wed I started with a bit of cough which I thought was just dry air in the building I was in for this company sponsored course. Bye Wed night, I was feeling weaker and coughing more so I knew something was up. By Thursday morning, I seem to have severe chest coughing, can't keep anything down and laid up in bed for the next two days. I've lost 12 lbs in 3 days.

I've missed out on my Friday and Sat workouts. Worse still was missing out on training any of my clients and making some money these last 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by rookiebldr View Post
    Amazing how things turn around so fast. Wed I started with a bit of cough which I thought was just dry air in the building I was in for this company sponsored course. Bye Wed night, I was feeling weaker and coughing more so I knew something was up. By Thursday morning, I seem to have severe chest coughing, can't keep anything down and laid up in bed for the next two days. I've lost 12 lbs in 3 days.

I've missed out on my Friday and Sat workouts. Worse still was missing out on training any of my clients and making some money these last 3 days.
    Get better Jeff I've been going through the same thing my 5th time being sick this winter.I've lost so much weight
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony