The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 50 of 251 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 6252
    Wow. That was incredibly useless!

Procastination is masturbation.

*finds beer hiding behind milk*

What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

CarolinaGirl,

I love procastinating. It's my favourite activity, after lifting of course. It's amazing what work you find out you really don't need to do if you procastinate long enough.

Ah, the beer was in the back of the fridge, behind the left over beef, ham, chicken and other goodies. And really it is only for guests so you are certainly welcome to it next time.

Good luck on the paper. Please stay longer next time. We can put our feet up on the table, chat, discuss old times and generally just hang out.

(This is has been brought to you by the people who own this journal in an attempt to make it a bit less serious and more fun.)

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

*checks to see if HY has taken all the beer*

*finds one behind the ketchup bottle, hehehe*

Originally posted by galileo
    Wow. That was incredibly useless!
    Yes, but so much funnier.

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Originally posted by HomeYield
    Procastination is masturbation.

And your point?

Originally posted by HomeYield
    *finds beer hiding behind milk*

Ah, you found it, good. One less for me to drink.

Originally posted by Mik
    *checks to see if HY has taken all the beer*
    Aren't you cutting? But have as many as you like. I really need to rid of the tempation. No more booze for rookiebldr.

Originally posted by Mik
    *finds one behind the ketchup bottle, hehehe*
    tuttut Mustard yes, ketchup no.

Originally posted by rookiebldr

Aren't you cutting? But have as many as you like. I really need to rid of the tempation. No more booze for rookiebldr.

tuttut Mustard yes, ketchup no.
    Yes I am cutting. I wasn't going to drink it. I was just looking to see if there were any left.

He was getting it out for me.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Monday April 21, 2003

Mik: Good! You need to be a buff Mik by summer and it wasn't a cheat day.

HomeYield: Absolutely have all the beers you want. It's about time I got rid of the stale ones and bought new.

Diet:
    • Diet's Consistency Check: --|-/---|----///-------/-//-/-/-//|-

Diet was low in calories, but no cheating occured. My bloated feeling is starting to go away.

M1: Protein & carb shake
      M2: Chicken, rye bread
      M3: Protein bar
      M4: Steak, chicken, pasta
      M5: Cottage cheese
    Comments:

My daughter is finally making it into the tween stage. She got her first zit. She maybe proud of it at the moment since she can start to use more of her mommy's stuff, but she is not going to like it a few years.

Banned
    My daughter is finally making it into the tween stage. She got her first zit. She maybe proud of it at the moment since she can start to use more of her mommy's stuff, but she is not going to like it a few years.
    Ruh roh.

You realize that this officially means that it is now only a matter of time until you have to start grilling young suitors in the pre-date living room ritual, putting the fear of God (actually, strike that... putting the fear of YOU) into them so they won't try anything funny.

Buy a machete.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Originally posted by Callahan

Ruh roh.

You realize that this officially means that it is now only a matter of time until you have to start grilling young suitors in the pre-date living room ritual, putting the fear of God (actually, strike that... putting the fear of YOU) into them so they won't try anything funny.
    Absolutely. Her dating scene currently is being handle by her mom but it won't be long until I need to step up to the plate, bat in hand.

I use to want to strong enough to be able to carry her out the door. Now it's to be big enough to actually back up the threats I hurl at the punks who come knocking at the door. At 165, that's not going to do it.

Originally posted by ElPietro
    Buy a machete.
    ah, but as ninjas, the crowbar will always be at the ready. Machete will be only used when in desperate straights.

Banned
    Now it's to be big enough to actually back up the threats I hurl at the punks who come knocking at the door. At 165, that's not going to do it.
    That's ok.

Just complain constantly about how you never have time to spend at the shooting range anymore between the demands of your parole officer and your compulsory anger-management and Homicidal Tendencies Support Group meetings. Explain that this is a real shame because you have LOTS of guns. Big ones.

Then elucidate upon the advantages of a hollowpoint bullet in generating tissue damage, pausing in the middle to toss out innocuous phrases like "So you'll have her home by 10. Right???"

If you can, twitch one eye slightly the whole time, too.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma

ah, but as ninjas, the crowbar will always be at the ready. Machete will be only used when in desperate straights.
    I don't want to worry you too much, but chances are pretty good that you won't even know what she's up to unless she wants you to know

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

bone crusher
    LOL... put a few amps of test under your belt and you'll be scaring the shi t out of those boys

Just gimme a call before you have to meet the kid, and I'll come over and you can introduce me as her chaperone.

PS. I'll bring a machete.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

LOL......rent-a-ninja
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Originally posted by Callahan
    Just complain constantly about how you never have time to spend at the shooting range anymore between the demands of your parole officer and your compulsory anger-management and Homicidal Tendencies Support Group meetings. Explain that this is a real shame because you have LOTS of guns. Big ones.

Then elucidate upon the advantages of a hollowpoint bullet in generating tissue damage, pausing in the middle to toss out innocuous phrases like "So you'll have her home by 10. Right???"

If you can, twitch one eye slightly the whole time, too.
    lmfao, I will remember this one. It shall be saved and placed as my screen saver so that I will be always be reminded of what exactly needs to be said.

Originally posted by IceRgrrl

I don't want to worry you too much, but chances are pretty good that you won't even know what she's up to unless she wants you to know
    Unfortunately, this is so true. That's why it a two prong attack. Mommy can play the nice cop, while daddy plays the bad cop. It's not fun being the heavy, but someone has to do it. :evillaugh

p.s. Kids are more resilient then we sometimes give them credit. Even though we might not want certain things to happen, I know they will happen regardless. Our hope is that we've prepared her for those things when it's time for her to be prepared.

Originally posted by the doc
    LOL... put a few amps of test under your belt and you'll be scaring the shi t out of those boys

pssst, let's talk!

Originally posted by ElPietro
    Just gimme a call before you have to meet the kid, and I'll come over and you can introduce me as her chaperone.

PS. I'll bring a machete.
    I have your number, you will be called. As much food and beer will of course be provided for your consumption. Beating punks senseless is just the kind of exercise one needs to build up an appetite for growth.

Under your belt or directly in your ass?

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    LOL......rent-a-ninja
    It's great having ninja's living in the area.