Page 52 of 251 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 6252

Thread: Rookie's Thread - Adventures of a Trainer

Pfft!
    I will not eat them with a spoon, I will not eat them half past noon. I will not eat them While I nap. I will not eat them on my lap. I am ec, you see, and I shall not have those high GI carbs shoved on to me. I will not have high gi sugars. Instead I think I'll eat my green toned boogers.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    I will eat it if there's hair, I will eat it after nair. I will eat it in the back seat, I will eat it, eat! Eat! Eat! I will eat that cherry pie, I will eat it, Budiak be I.

to the good Dr.

oops, I see, I see we have someone equally talented. I spoke to soon Budiak be you!
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 04-24-2003 at 07:47 PM.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

beutiful... just beutiful *tear drop rolls down eye*
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Thrusday April 24, 2003

GettoSmurf: Welcome to my journal, dude. It does bring tears to one's eye.

Diet:
    • Diet's Consistency Check: --|-/---|----///-------/-//-/-/-//|----

M1: Protein shake, oatmeal
      M2: Protein/carb shake
      ------ workout ------
      M3: Biotest surge
      M4: Protein bar and something else
      M5: Whole wheat pasta, chicken, protein shake
      M6: Popcorn, cottage cheese
    Training:Pull, Push & Leg split --> Leg Day 12:00pm-1:45pm
    • Squats: 115x5, 155x3, 205x5, 4, 4, 185x5

Decided to move these up a bit to 205 from 195 last week. This dropped the reps from 7 to 5 on the first set. But they were well controlled reps, no roll over at all. I'll keep this here nex week as well.

45 degree Leg Press: 5ppsx5, 6, 5 -> 5 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6

These felt tougher then they did last week. oh well! I also seem to notice more effort (stress) from the tops of my legs today instead of in the mid section. Maybe I had my feet in a different position.

Leg Extensions: 135x9, 6, 130x6

I thought I had enough in me to do 150, nope. Dropped it to 140, still too tough. Dropped it again to 135 and did 6. Still, that was 5 lbs more then last week.

Stiff Leg Dead Lifts: 135x6, 245x2, 225x4, 4, 185x8

Ok, these sucked today. The bar felt extremely heavy, I had trouble with the 245 and wasn't too much otobetter at 225. I also did these in the squat rack from the floor instead of the raised platform.

Plated Loaded Kneeling Leg Curl (r/l): 70x8/9, 7/7, 7/7

The other two machines were busy, so I thought I'd give this one a try. Since it's ISO, I get to see how each leg is handling the same weight. I might try these some more.

Standing Calf Raises: 220x15, 240x10, 10

Done.

45 degree calf raises: 280x?, ?, ?

I forgot to write these down. But I did 3 sets and went home.
    Comments:

Gym seemed very busy for some reason yesterday. I say this much, this site has really coloured my opinion. I saw this gym in the gym today. He had great huge arms, very good chest, and he decided to wear a tight t to show off his abs as well. He was too stupid to cover his ugly toothpick legs so he was wearing shorts. ugh. I don't think he worked his back much either.
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 04-25-2003 at 11:08 AM.

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Oh, man.

Love poems. Who would've thought a bunch of meatheads could be so sensitive?

Kinda gets you, right.....there. *sniffle*
    You can't babysit this.

205 Squats?! Boom!!!! Grats Rookie.

Friday/Saturday April 25/26, 2003

CarolinaGirl: I too was so touched, I had to hug someone. Ok, tender moment over, time to put up the brick wall again, grunt and move heavy iron some more.

Mik: Thanks Mik. I'm starting to see 225 in my future.

Diet:
    • Diet's Consistency Check: --|-/---|----///-------/-//-/-/-//|------

I've been attempting to increase my protein more over the last few days. I'm still keeping overall calories at or near my maintain level (2400-2600). I had pizza last night (mmmmmm goood). I'm also staying away from the booze. It was once again adding too many unwanted calories.
    Comments:

I decided more sleep was needed of late, so I will be putting more effort into getting that sleep. I've set myself a goal to be in bed by 11:00pm which should yield me between 7 and 8 hours each night. So Thrusday I managed 9 hours and Friday I got 8 hours sleep. Last night I was in bed by 11, but I woke up at 5 this morning and had trouble sleeping until 6. So this is a bit low, but I'm so pumped for my workout I don't think it will be a problem.

On a not so good note, I seemed to have hurt my right leg on Thrusday. I was gimping along a bit on Friday and Saturday but it seems to be getting better now. Leg day won't be until Wed or Thrusday so it should be ok by then. I'm hopefull that it won't affect my deads this morning. We'll see.

Hope that leg is OK Rookie.

I think 225 is yours REAL soon!

I think his leg will be just fine.

PANSY!

Digging the squats...perhaps I'll write a poem about them.

I wish to congratulate
    The rookie, although beit late
    A new PR you did meet,
    and I find that insanely sweet.

there...no more rhyme (or reason) in me
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Mik: Yup, the leg is fine just some temporary soreness. It didn't effect my deads on Sunday morning (I've yet to post them) although the morning workout wasn't my best of the year.

Galileo: You called it correctly, see response to Mik. WIMP!

ectx: Thank you for the poem. Although 205x5 is pretty close to 195x7, it is a heavier weight and keeping my form with more weight on shoulders is an achievement for me, regardless of the number of reps. As for rhyme or reason, does this mean there is no reasoning with you either?

Haha, nice little poem, loser

Isn't leg pain a bitch? I hate it.

there is no such thing as pain! pain dont hurt! pain is for pansies!!

*beats chest*
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

*looks in journal*

No update in 2 days? Slap that leg around and tell it you ain't got the time to be hurting for it to clean its act up. It'll make ya feel better.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

just peekin into your journal,,,smile.. gosh i hope that leg gets better, so u can get back to crackin that whip,,,lol,,,,oh by the way do u know what a regular sleep pattern is? lmao
    later ms pecs

Uh-oh...daughtas a teen, go buy a 12 guage tacticale shotgun-preferable a pump, you shouldnt ever have a problem then.

also soon youll be squatin:
    -[[-----]]-
    Keep up the good work!!!
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

I have to put in my favorite poem:

ONE TWO THREE FOUR!
    EVERYDAY I PRAY FOR WAR!
    FIVE SIX SEVEN EIGHT!
    RAPE KILL MUTILATE!!

bonus points for whoever knows where this is from.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

ugh,

I really haven't had time to come in and update this or read much lately but that will change soon. Taxes needed to be done, meetings etc. ugh.

I'll reply to the posts in my journal likely tonight. Just haven't had time to do otherwise. Thanks for thinking of me.

Sunday April 27, 2003

Diet:
    • Can't remember now!

Diet's Consistency Check:
    Training: Push / Pull / Legs or something like that. -> Pull Day 7:30am - 8:30am
    • Deadlifts: 135x6, 225x4, 275x2, 320xmiss, 295x1, 245x6, 4

Nope, I didn't feel these and missed the 320. Even 295 felt heavy. These are better done later in the day, maybe?

Chins: BWx6, 5, BW-10x7

Now I was starting to wake up. These were up 1 rep over last week.

Barbell Rows: 135x5, 7, 6

Well certainly not the 4 or 5 plates that Narc throws around! Anyway, I wanted to try these out to see how they might fit in the routine. I'll continue to use the lighter weights to until I work out the form and they start to feel comfortable.

V-Grip Cable Rows: 120x7, 8, 8

I dropped these down 10lbs from last week because I felt I was using a bit too much momemtum in the rows. These felt better and I'll up them for next week.

Inclined Dumbell Curls: 25x6, 7, 6

A solid few sets.

Barbell Curls: 50x9, 60x5

Form was good on the 50's and started to suffer on the 60's.

Cable Curls: 60x6

My bis just stopped working. I was done.
    Comments:

Nope, just too long ago now.

Monday April 28, 2003

Diet:
    • Does it really matter?

Diet's Consistency Check:
    Training: Push / Pull / Legs or something like that. -> Push Day 11:00pm - 12:00am
    • Since I had this feeling that Tuesday was going to be a bust for working out, I decided to make sure that I got in my chest routine. Since switching the order and skipping out on chest last week I really felt the need to not delay this till later in the week.
      Barbell Bench Press: 45x5, 95x4, 135x3, 165x4, 3, 155x3, 135x6

No spotter but still 4 very nice reps.

Inclined Dumbell Press: 65x5, 55x5, 3->45x2

Not a PR but definitely back up to where they were and this time after bench pressing.

Dips: BW+10x4, BWx3, 4

My chest was done earlier and I had very little left for the dips.

Single Arm Dumbell Extensions: 25x5, 20x10, 8

pfft!

Skulls: 50x7, 6

I think it was 7 reps! My brain is like a sieve, after doing the set, I stopped had a drink and then forgot how many reps I had done. duh. My tris were also toast. The day was done.
    Comments:

Those last two posts are just to let you know that I've been working out still and my leg is fine. My muscles are very sore from the workouts lately. It seems that it been a while since I've been able to get my tri or bi sore and they were after these sessions. My chest is still sore today! Sweet! I'm feeling ****ing great!

I also have lots to rant about, but that will just have to wait. Got to go now. I have a 3 hr drive ahead of me. Maybe my partner will drive and I can nap.

Whoa, update posting foo'!

On that set before your max deadlift attempt, cut it back to maybe 265 and do it only once. Set, dip and rip.

Those chins are looking awesome. A couple more reps on there and I'd almost say to start adding some weight.

Chest day was looking really good too. Feels good when the entire upper body is sore isn't it?

Good luck with the drive and hopefully you get a nap.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

shame on u for not keeping up with your posting, what r u always telling me,,,lmao,,,,, j/k had to give ya a hard time about it,,,,,drvie safe,,,, later ms pecs

Keep doing those rows Rookie. They are teh sweet. I love rows. Have fun in K-town. Say hi to the Monatna's wenches for me.