The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Dreaming too much?

I usually don't have any trouble getting some good sleep, that is until I start a regular routine of physical activity. Once I start the routine of working out and running, and then I lay down to go to sleep, I instantly start dreaming vivid dreams right away. I will have these dreams all night, and then I will wake up in the morning exhausted. Does this happen to anyone else? Maybe a sign of over-training?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Can't say that it happens to me but I sure as hell slept like a rock last night.

You sure you're not exhausted from sleep apnea or something?
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Jack Burton - Owner of the Pork Chop Express

Usually vivid dreams happen to me when I'm in a deep deep sleep like I'm medicated or something...so I would think it was you just hitting a deep REM sleep fast.

As for waking up exhausted... Maybe you have a sleep debt built up you need to catch up on one weekend.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

I've been having that recently. They're usually nightmares, but tonight I had 3. I don't know what causes it either.

Yeah it's pretty weird. I had a dream that I was hanging out with this girl I had not seen forever, and then I started turning into a man/fly thing. I would turn blue and grow fly wings but I could only fly randomly. Then she came up to me and said that it was good it was happening to me. It was really weird lol. Maybe the weirdness of the dreams have something to do with it...

Last night I had a creepy ass dream that was so scary I woke up from it. I was half out of it and wasn't sure if it was real or not.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Banned
    man... wtf i had a creepy dream last night too... looks light last nigh was haunted for WBB members lol.

Two nights ago I had a dream that my father had passed away.. it was definitely scary, it felt very real.. I bolted upright in bed and it took me a few minutes to realize that I was only dreaming and that he was ok.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

You aren't taking the stop smoking pill are you? That's a really common side effect of it.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

I have similiar issues from time to time... I just let it slide man.. Stuff happens!
    GOALS:
    Current Weight 242 4/16/10
    Bench - 275 current / 315 Goal
    Squat - 225 / 285* Goal
    Deadlift - 325 current / 365* Goal
    *Note: Herniated L5/S1 disk since 2001, almost bone on bone.
    ***Journal***

Quote Originally Posted by Jess21 View Post
    Yeah it's pretty weird. I had a dream that I was hanging out with this girl I had not seen forever, and then I started turning into a man/fly thing. I would turn blue and grow fly wings but I could only fly randomly. Then she came up to me and said that it was good it was happening to me. It was really weird lol. Maybe the weirdness of the dreams have something to do with it...
    You should probably lay off of the halucinigenics before bed time
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    "Any man under 200lbs is a woman." -Matt Rhodes

I wish I had more dreams.

Happens to me ALL THE FREAKING TIME.
    and im soo sick of it : (
    Female, 17
    height- 4'7
    weight- 109.2

[Squat]-270Goal-350
    [Dead Lift]-290Goal-360
    [Bench]-145Goal-200

We're not here to blow sunshine up your ass. We're here to give you honest, fair opinions.

Wannabebig Member
    Anyone else believe dreams can have color? going from experience, my dreams always are in color, so i dont understand how ppl say dreams do not have color.
    food for thought
    21 y/o
    201 lbs
    6'4

Dips 130*5
    Deads 270*5
    Bench ???

lugging around iron since 03/04

Lol, yeah guess I'll just lay off the DrUgZ. I always dream in color. I heard this statistic somewhere that only 10 percent of people dream in color, and the rest black and white. But everyone I talk to says they dream in color as well, so it must be different.

Banned
    My dreams are always in color and quite vivid, and are a nightly broadcast

Never can really remember them unless theyre very memeroable. For example last nights involved people making fun of one of my favorite plays, then me getting this weird punishment involving this weird white powder stuff he putsin my eyes to heal my finger, looked like the slaver from 10000 BC. Besides that, I dont remember much of the dreams from last night.

What kind of drugs (prescription or otherwise) are you taking. Vivid dreams are a common side effect of many.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Well, the only drugs I take are caffeine, usually 2-3 cups of strong coffee in the morning, although caffeine does not affect me much. I am also taking the supplement RESULTS, but that is just creatine, dextrose, beta alanine, and HMB. None of these would seem to be a factor IMO. I am thinking that it is just something that happens to me while I am weight lifting and doing cardio, and I am getting used it.

Whats really weird is that dreaming is one of the most unknown functions of the body. I guess scientists have a hard time doing tests and so forth.
    Quiters never win and winners never quit.

Big 3:
    Bench:230lbs Deadlift:455lbs Squat:350lbs
    Total:1035lbs

Switched to http://www.beyondlowcarb.net/index.php for my bodybuilding needs