The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Your routine sucks for your level of experience. It's working because any routine will work for a newbie, but it isn't anywhere near optimal.

You've been here long enough to know how to find one that is.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by nddillon View Post
    This is a good read!
    Great article thanks for the post.
    Crushing weights, pounding shakes, devouring food...bulking up this beanpole
    Height: Too Tall Weight: Not big enough Age: Young and naive

you are doing biceps before back and wondering why you back isn't growing? Move back to it's own day. Do deads, barbell rows, pullups, and shrug. Keep it simple.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by viperc8 View Post
    Alright.. But basically my other routine seemed to hold up because no one really bashed it that much..
    holy crap you're only resting 1 day in the entire week???

squats and hams on Wednesday and then deads the next day after that? i dunno about you but i need at least a day to rest after squats. and like everybody else said, priortize the bigger compound lifts first.

why aren't you picking the already suggested routines?...they'll solve all of the above problems.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG5150 View Post
    If you take anything from this it is:

Concentrate on your elbows when doing any sort of rows or vertical pulling. On rows, think about forcing your elbows back and squeezing your shoulder blades together. For chins, concentrate on drive the elbows downward.

That always helps me to "focus" on the lats rather than the arms.
    Thats a good tip. I notice that for back exercises (pullups, lat pulldowns,seated rows,db rows) I tend to cheat sometimes and use my arms too much. Back exercises definately need concentration to work effectively.