The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

need your advise about weight

Greetings, I am fairly new to bodybuilding and also new to this website, so I was wondering if some of you didn't mind helping a fellow friend from the UK. Please excuse me, if some of these questions sound a little silly, but I really need your help as much as possible. I am going to start the wannabebig routine 1 workout plan, but before I do, I am a little unsure about something. I am not so sure if I am a little overweight, as I am 5ft 8 and just over 11 stones and I was wondering if I should perhaps lose half a stone or something, before I start the workout or if I should jump straight into the workout and build some of the fat on my body (I don't have much fat, just a little on my stomache and perhaps my face) into muscle. I would like to get rid of some of the fat I have by either losing some weight or building it into muscle. If I build it into muscle, would this be a better Idea, instead of losing half a stone first and then building up? I assume that if I were to lose some weight first, I would most likely need to put on more weight anyway when I start building. What do you all think? I would be very grateful if you could please give me some advise, thank you.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

decease, RIP
    Fat cant turn into muscle. I dont know how much 11stones is but as you said you will gain weight when you build muscle anyway some of that will most likely be fat and water. It's up to you if you want to lose the fat now or later. But either way I think you should start workingout since more muscle burn more fat, and weight lifting will help you no matter what you choose.
    big.

You should start the routine even if you are planning on losing the fat first before trying to gain. Working out and building muscle will only help the process go faster.

11 stones is 154lb.You aint fat mate.Start the routine now.
    Stats:
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 210
    BF: plenty
    Chest: 46"
    Arms:18"
    Thighs:29" now down to 28"
    Calves: 17.5"

Bench Max 308 x 4
    Squat 330 x 3 ATF
    Deadlift 404.8 x 1

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks for all your help everyone. Howsertrading, thanks I think you are right, you've given me some confidence there. I will start the workout, cheers.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    good luck, keep us posted, we'll help

Good luck.