Thread: The very early off-season

The very early off-season

My basketball season ended last Tuesday, When i get back to school Monday I plan to get back to work with my weight training and some light skill work. I think that this will be the year that I reach my overall goal of weighing 235 (220 right now). As far as my weight traiing goes, my plan for the next few months is to just eat as much as possible and lift 3 times a week. Not sure what program im going to choose yet. Any COLLEGE CALIBER athetes here have any advice for me as far as making sure i get off to a good start for next year?
    CONSISTANT EFFORT is more important than any formula for success

Make sure you take the time to take care of any injuries. Also you don't want to burn out so take 2-3 weeks where you do some stuff to let your body/brain recharge, play racketball or go swimming/do yoga or something. Have your workouts for those 2-3 weeks be circuit training workouts.

EDIT: Saw that your season ended last tuesday and you are starting up on monday. Means that you've taken those two weeks already! Good.

Once you are ready to go make sure you have a workout partner from your team who is as committed as you are to getting better, that way you can push each other and it will really up the level of your workouts/help you make sure you don't miss any workouts.

Do you have a S & C coach? He should be able to set you up with a good workout program.

Also skills-wise you should be talking to your coaches/assistant coaches to learn what you need to work on for next season.
    Last edited by Bupp; 03-22-2008 at 01:48 AM.