Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ME Bench Straight Weight *Video*

Awesome man.

Was that you who was in the Cage at the Arnold.

If so, I was standing pretty much right behind you.

Awesome lift bro. Do you recommend the wrist straps you're wearing? I need a pair but I dont know anything about them and which are good for benching.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

Yep. I was in the cage. I had a grey (I think) ALN shirt on and a brown Ford hat on.

JayDub, I really do recommend wrist wraps. They really help save the wrists. I would recommend the Inzer wraps, or APT wraps. The APT's are a little more stiff. I like the long ones as well. The short ones never gave me enough support.

Travis got any cheese to go with my whine. Watching that you don't look like you try to set up for a good arch or anything. You just get set bring the bar down very controlled and push it back up. I have seen a few others do the same so are you arching or is not that important to you. It's jus funny I try arch get the shoulders back and all this stuff and then only push up 300's. lol
    You look to be a very big thick guy and maybe that has more to do with it.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

I'm pretty wide in the shoulders so when I pull my shoulders in tight, it doesn't show as much but actually my upper back is typically sore the next day from pulling in so tight. My arch isn't super, partly because I still squat and deadlift so my back is quite thick which makes it difficult to maintain a super significant arch.

Biggest thing I have learned for my raw benching is to bring it down faster. So much energy is wasted on bringing the weight down slow. Just squeeze the bar really hard so you can place it where you want it. If you look at the 500lb press, I bring it down way to slow. I watched the video and then brought the 515 down faster and the 525 faster still. Its not dropping it, just releasing similar to in a shirt.

Thanks for the input, Your just peeved at the wts and let them know it!
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    JayDub, I really do recommend wrist wraps. They really help save the wrists. I would recommend the Inzer wraps, or APT wraps. The APT's are a little more stiff. I like the long ones as well. The short ones never gave me enough support.
    Thanks, I'll definitely check those two out.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

i agree with the bringing down faster thing, i learned at my contest with squats, i went slow with 518 and pretty much atf, it was a struggle, i dropped 530 and it flew up.
    2000 or bust

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Thanks man! haha you're probably right. The number I was after was 515. I didn't really expect to have enough gas left for 525 on my last attempt but I figured what the heck, throw some more weight on there again and let me see. I still was surprised how far I got it off my chest.
    DUDE that was sick for sure! And your grip width is nutz! I'm 6'1" wiht a history of rotator issues..so I'm benching with my middle finger on the rings and keeping my elbows in tight.. to see a guy use your grip with that kinda power is kick ass for sure!

and now just thinking about it..y ou're going to smoke 525 on your next list of attempts aren't ya
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

Quote Originally Posted by jAy_Dub View Post
    Thanks, I'll definitely check those two out.

I really like the APT convict pro wraps. I think I have used about every wrap but the Metal.
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

www.ryanopower.com

http://www.prowriststraps.com

Nice benching Travis. 500+ raw is great.
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

www.ryanopower.com

http://www.prowriststraps.com

Quote Originally Posted by waynedang View Post
    I really like the APT convict pro wraps. I think I have used about every wrap but the Metal.
    the metal wraps are nuts as well. they stretch for miles. inzer, APT, and metal all are very good wraps.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com