Thread: Strong Man Course

Hybrid View

Strong Man Course

I'm looking at setting up a strong man course this summer to take the place of every other workout or so. I've got a big tire to flip, and a sledge hammer. I read in some other post about hitting the tire with the hammer. Also, me and a buddy will be pulling a plow, or my truck.

I guess I'm just looking for some other ideas you guys might have. Anyone have any success with this type of routine or any suggestions at all would be appreciated.

ROPE CLIMB!!! I know, I know... truck pulling is more of a strongman thing, but I recently got the bright idea to get a climbing rope and bolt it to a tree in my back yard and my forearms and lats are exploding lately. Farmers walk is a good one, not fun but good. You could by a stone training pole from www.elitefts.com for atlas stones. Just a few suggestions. If you live near woods you could cut down some trees, hack the bark off and hack one side to a wedge and stick it in the ground, use it as a finger.

Tire is good, get some farmer's handles (cheap and easy to make), maybe a sled, see if you can get a log to press, find some field stones and pick them up, and most importantly, be creative.