The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Skinny on the outside, fat on the inside.

Earlier this week a friend of mine was told by a doctor that he had a fatty liver and needed to change his diet and start exercising. He is the skinny computer geek type and eats nothing but Mc'Donalds and KFC.

Never having lifted any weights, he came to me for advice and I pointed him towards WBB.

I was curious about his situation and started browsing the web for more information.

I found many articles which talk about the differences between "regular" fat under the skin and fat around/in your organs. Some used the example of a sumo wrestler and the misconception of them being overweight and having a heart attack some day, when they are healthier than the skinny person who does little exercise if any and has an unhealthy diet.

My questions are...

Is this true?
    Surely sumo wrestlers are still at risk of heart disease?
    How does this apply to people trying to bulk?
    Last edited by rayzor; 03-30-2008 at 05:01 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    This can be caused by severe weight loss or malnutrition...if your friend is really skinny and predominately lives off Mcdonalds and KFC which dont carry alot of the nutrients his body needs then this could be a cause.

If your friend is not getting enough calories, is not eating enough protein, vitamins or minerals then this could be down to malnutrition. All he needs to do is have a healthier lifestyle when it comes to food.

Sumo wrestlers are still in the bracket for heart risk because they are classed as obese and the weight will put a strain on their body, but what you talking about is the fact that the foods they eat are healthy and naturally grown and dont have so many trans fats as say what your friend was eating with his processed foods from takeaway outlets.
    Last edited by koal4e; 03-30-2008 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Added info

I think Sumo wrestlers are less at risk, because they eat massive amount of healthier food. They not loaded on KFC, and Mickey D's. Living off of fast food will eventually catch up to him, and you should sit down and talk to him about it.

I don't get why people eat a lot of high calorie foods, sit on the computer all day and not gain weight. Could it be worms?
    Height: 5'11
    Starting Weight: 112
    5/15/08

Current Weight: 122 (+8)
    8/25/08
    Stage: Bulking

$$$

Quote Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
    I don't get why people eat a lot of high calorie foods, sit on the computer all day and not gain weight. Could it be worms?
    Genetics. Besides if he's that skinny I doubt he eats much (regardless of what it is).