The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    November 21, 2002 Legs and Shoulders

Notes: Alright day, actually pretty good. I'm having problems getting to parallel on squats. It's not the weight or muscle, but my hip joints are really starting to bother me. I've been stopping about 2 inches above parallel on all sets the last couple weeks. Oh well. Shoulders went good, new record on machine laterals. So did the drop set on Leg extensions. Washing up in the bathroom, I washed my face, then looked to the left of me, and there was a penis about 5" from my face. Guys just standing there, looking in the mirror. In the gym itself I saw a cutie doing BB curls (never see girls do these), she actually used perfect form. I proposed to her on the spot. Sorry Jane, but you ain't cuttin it for me no more. I kept a large bulk of my sets in the 6-10 range I've been aiming for, while still keeping my weights up for my low rep sets. Turned in some decent ab work. If I ever cut the sweets out of my diet, I think they'll pop out even more, but they do still look nice right now.

Rating: *****

Reps Per Set Break Down:
    6-10 Reps: 11/19 (58%)
    11-15: 2/19 (10.5%)

Legs:
    Swuats: 335*3 315*4 225*6
    Leg Extensions-Drop Set: 125*7 112.5*8 100*9 87.5*8 75*13
    Seated Calf Presses: 135*10 160*6 135*12

Shoulders:
    DB Militaries: 75*X 70*4 65*4 55*7
    Machine Laterals: 80*9 120*3 70*9 90*6

Abs:
    Hanging Leg Raises: 13
    DB Side Bends: 55*8 60*9
    Hanging Leg Raises: 10
    Last edited by Accipiter; 11-30-2002 at 12:10 PM.

Lookin' good Acc, you're making new gains and setting new personal bests all the time. Keep up the good work?

Does this mean Jane is open for hunting season?
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    *sigh* unless she gets on the ball I may have to cut her loose. Farewell Slovak Honeymoon.

November 25, 2002

Notes: Good workout. Needed a spotter to get the 100's up, and he had to gaurd my arms closely on all the reps, but I still got them. I felt like if I didn't have a spot, I could've gotten them up on my own, but probably only for 2 reps. New record on declines. On the 2nd and 3rd sets I didn't even need a spotter to hand me the weights, I actually balanced over the bench well enough to self mount. In other news I'm getting increasingly depressed day by day, and am not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to hold out like this. I got 8/10 sets in the 6-10 range which is good. I may take some pictures now, I look pretty good. I gotta get some estimates on body fat, I think maki's usually pretty acurate. Finally, focusing on moving only at the elbow on dips, and not letting my shoulders move at all is really hitting my tris better

Rating:

Reps Per Set Break Down:
    6-10 Reps: 8/10 (80%)
    11-15: 0/10 (0%)

Chest:
    Flat DB: 100*4 85*7 80*7
    Decline DB: 75*10 80*3 70*7
    Cable Xs: 6*8

Triceps:
    Dips: BW*10 5*7 BW*7

Running:
    Treadmill: .5 Miles-5 minutes
    Last edited by Accipiter; 11-26-2002 at 10:31 AM.

I used to have problems getting the right depth on squats. I put a 1" to an 1.5" thick board or plate under the heels of my feet and I found I could go deeper. It seems like less stress on the the hips and knees. I've heard it stresses the quads more but it helped. After doing that for awhile I found I could finally go ATF without much problem without it.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

December 03, 2002 Resting

Notes: Alright, i was sick all thanksgiving, still feeling effects now. I have a 15 page paper to write for friday and haven't even gotten a source on it yet. I figure now would be a good time for a recoup week. Semester ending and such.

Where are you at Accipiter? You left us? Get your ass back on this forum.
    peace-

Craig

Originally posted by BennettBoy
    Where are you at Accipiter? You left us? Get your ass back on this forum.
    Dude, he got banned.

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick. Bruce Lee

he did?
    for what?

I thought he was funny as hell