Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting fact concerning Obama

Gamer/Lifter

Interesting fact concerning Obama

I am assigned to a few political newsletter and typically its the same old thing. Bush is bad, we need to replace bush type deal. Blah blah, blah who cares we know just wait!

BUt I got a intereseting fact concerning McCain, Clinton, and Obama, heres a quote from it

In February alone, more than 94% of our donors gave in amounts of $200 or less. Meanwhile, campaign finance reports show that donations of $200 or less make up just 13% of Senator McCain's total campaign funds, and only 26% of Senator Clinton's.
    Meanwhile, Senator McCain has raised more than 70% of his total campaign funds from high-dollar donors giving $1,000 or more. Senator Clinton has raised 60% of her funds from $1,000-and-up donors. And both Senator McCain and Senator Clinton have accepted millions of dollars from Washington lobbyists and special interest PACs.

Refusing to accept donations from lobbyists and special interests has allowed this campaign to answer only to ordinary Americans like you. And this dinner will be an opportunity for you to sit down with Barack and your fellow supporters and talk about the issues that matter in your life and in your community.
    What does this tell me about Obama? He ain't getting funded by large interset groups. In my eyes thats a good thing. I don't want a president who made backroom promises to get elected. I want a president who simply had millions supoort him.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Plus, his grandmother was a "typical white woman".
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg View Post
    Plus, his grandmother was a "typical white woman".
    Yes his Grandma is white. Put a spin on his statement but you won't find one quote of Obama ever saying anything racist.

Nope. Calling his own grandmother a "typical white woman" wasn't at all racist.

Not at all.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Ya, I like to refer to my wife as a "typical Asian person", she is real good at math, but can't drive worth a *****.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Not at all.
    I could be wrong but I'm guessing you're letting McCain have a free pass? If you want to talk about racism, this guy actually said racist things from his mouth against Asians.

PS: You still think Obama is Muslim?

Not at all.
    Go back to Fox News. You're a parrot, you haven't learned anything all you do is repeat what you hear. Go watch the ENTIRE speech.

The ideas held by his grandmother, and the white society as a whole during his grandmother's life are a LOT different then ours, the generation gap between our grandparents and even our parents in some cases means that we live in different realities when it comes to racial issues.
    Goal: Set a deadlift provincial record in mens junior.

Read that more carefully:

"In February alone...94 % of donors..." [for Obamas donations]

"...McCain raised more than 70% of his total campaign funds...Clinton 60% of her funds" [McCain & Clinton donations]
    (emphasis mine)

Maybe Obama got all his big-ticket donations before February, or McCain & Clinton got all their little donations early.

About a President who has millions of people who support him: that is precisely why the framers of the constitution included an Electoral College. This prevents a "mob rules" type of scenario wherein a demagogue can swoop in and charm the masses and become President forthwith.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Not at all.
    Slow down, Obama is black (partially) he can't say anything racist.

You must be one of those "typical white people" he talks about.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

It won't matter, he isn't getting elected.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Libertarian Ron Paul supporter here who says Obama is still better then McCain. Prisoner's dillemma at its finest.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

"A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

Gamer/Lifter
    It won't matter, he isn't getting elected.
    You'll be eating those words come next nov.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Quote Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
    You'll be eating those words come next nov.
    Oh, the DNC isn't going to let Obama win. He didn't win any of the big states that the Democrats need to win, and he only won the states that the Democrats will never win in November. There is a strong case being made for Hillary to be the nominee within the DNC, since people are starting to question whether or not Obama can win those big states.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Gamer/Lifter
    The game ain't over, I forseen Obama winning, if Hilliary wins i'll simply stop calling myself an American.

The game ain't over, I forseen Obama winning, if Hilliary wins i'll simply stop calling myself an American.
    You don't call yourself an American now (looks at sig).
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Oh, the DNC isn't going to let Obama win. He didn't win any of the big states that the Democrats need to win, and he only won the states that the Democrats will never win in November. There is a strong case being made for Hillary to be the nominee within the DNC, since people are starting to question whether or not Obama can win those big states.
    That argument is flawed. After the democrats are done bickering , democrats will vote for the democratic nominee come general regardless(Hillary or Obama). Obama is able to pull votes from other parties;something Hillary can't do.

In Summary, Hillary just gets democrat votes,If Obama makes the general election he will get most of Hillary votes plus Independents, few republicans etc.

Considering how silimiar they are that doesnt make much sense.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Genacide View Post
    You don't call yourself an American now (looks at sig).

You don't have to live in the US to call yourself American. Right now I'm in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by blackboard View Post
    You don't have to live in the US to call yourself American. Right now I'm in Canada.
    ... and do you call yourself a Canadian/American ?

Quote Originally Posted by Genacide View Post
    ... and do you call yourself a Canadian/American ?
    Nope, I was born in the US, lived in the US for 98% of my life, I"m just an American.

Gamer/Lifter
    I'm registered to vote, and I've filled my income taxes. I'm an American as of right now.

However I still forseen Obama winning for one extermely simple reason.

What does McCain and Hilliray represent? Old ploitcies and issues.

What does Obama represent? A new face, change per say

What do americans want? Change.

Quote Originally Posted by blackboard View Post
    I could be wrong but I'm guessing you're letting McCain have a free pass? If you want to talk about racism, this guy actually said racist things from his mouth against Asians.

PS: You still think Obama is Muslim?
    I wouldn't vote for McCain if someone held a gun to my head.

No, I don't think he's Muslim, and wouldn't care if he was.

You are projecting your ignorance to me.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeripple View Post
    Go back to Fox News. You're a parrot, you haven't learned anything all you do is repeat what you hear. Go watch the ENTIRE speech.

The ideas held by his grandmother, and the white society as a whole during his grandmother's life are a LOT different then ours, the generation gap between our grandparents and even our parents in some cases means that we live in different realities when it comes to racial issues.
    I did hear the speech. He said exactly what I quoted. If *I* said that and substituted another race, I'm pretty sure there would be a significant reaction, but I could be wrong.

I despise Fox news. You don't know much about me. You could learn lots by clicking on the link to my blog in my signature.

It sounds like you are making excuses for him. That's fine. I honestly don't care what he thinks about white folks (frankly, he's a more typical white guy than I am), because I'd not vote for my own mother if she held his policy positions.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 03-25-2008 at 03:09 PM.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

What does McCain and Hilliray represent? Old ploitcies

The young vote in this country doesn't matter, because it doesn't exist.

Every president-to-be claims they will bring change, they're full of ****.

I'm registered to vote, and I've filled my income taxes. I'm an American as of right now.

However I still forseen Obama winning for one extermely simple reason.

What does McCain and Hilliray represent? Old ploitcies and issues.

What does Obama represent? A new face, change per say

LOL.

His policies look an awful lot like the other two to me. He does seem more a fan of class warfare than the other two, so there's that. The "rich" (those making $75K a year or more) simply should stop treading on the back of the working man.

Right?

It's going to be a fun election season. The fun will stop once any of them are actually elected, though. You all think our current President is bad. You just wait!
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.